Glen Campbell

So sad. A fine singer. RIP Glen.

Most people now remember him as a singer, but he started as a session guitarist.  He's on .....

Daydream Believer - The Monkees 

You've Lost That Lovin' Feeling - The Righteous Brothers

Strangers in the Night - Frank Sinatra

Viva Las Vegas - Elvis Presley

...among many others.

Very sad,.......some of my all time favourite songs......Wichita lineman,and 'by the time i get to Phoenix'...............RIP Glenn

Not my normal music at the time but I remember when I first heard 'Wichita Lineman' in 1969, I loved it and went straight out and bought the record. Always been a favourite.

Another victim to the awful Alzheimers.... RIP Glen

Sad loss to the Country Music Classics R.I.P Glen

Last month I went to the concert of Jimmy Webb who talked a great deal about his long time friend Glen. Jimmy,  of course, wrote most of Glens songs including Galveston (which not many people are aware is a war protest song) Wichita Lineman, By The Time I Get to Phoenix, & many, many more.

He saw Glen regularly when passing through Nashville & explained that he was being looked after very well & was happy with his life & what he has achieved both has a member of the Wrecking Crew & later a solo performer.

He told the story of waiting to go on stage with Glen many years ago...standing in the wings...when Glen asked him if he had written Wichita lineman. Jimmy said that was when he first realised something was very wrong with Glen.

• Upvote 2