The hanging teddy

A number of people were distraught at the sight of the teddy bear that was hanging in my big shed in a recently posted photo.  After much thought, I came to the decision that since he has been hanging in my shed for 25yrs and for many years before that in Chorley Little Theatre props store, it was time to release him.  Last night I cut him down and he is now sitting patiently in the utility room awaiting a much needed wash.  He sends his thanks to you all for showing concern and forcing my hand in his release.   :) 

36430390746_d309bd9a7d_h.jpg 

36476546525_6b9fe5b63f_h.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6

Blimey Kath, let him have a bit of freedom. He's been hanging around for 25 years, the last thing that the poor beggar needs is more neck restrictions !

• Upvote 1

You're right, poor lad needs all the support he can get.

However, it looks to me as though he needs some exercise in view of the state of his belly !

• Upvote 1

Well, Norman the teddy bear had a good wash yesterday and he is now moaning about being soaking wet! I don't know - you can't please some, can you?!  I will have to rehang the little bogger to get him dry - only this time it will be on a radiator and not a rafter in the ceiling. :biggrin:  Once he's dry he will definitely have to go on some sort of reshaping regime to try and regain some kind of normal posture.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Twelve inches of stair-rod up his jacksie will sort out his neck problem.

I can hear it now - 'Ah, Chulla, don't be so cruel'

• Like 1

I quite like his posture as it is Shirley; after all - it would be a shame to spoil his aged "Patina" wouldn't it. :) 

• Like 1

Norman the bear fell from his perch on my bedstead at 3am this morning.  He landed on my head and as I was about to throw him across the room he said with a smile: "Ayup Compo miduck, thanks for cleaning me up and giving me this lovely place in your bedroom."........ I carefully replaced him above my head on the bedstead :)

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

I certainly have, Margie - but only parasol mushrooms as per this picture:

36764028182_4a6064d7c4_h.jpg

• Upvote 1

You need to check your medication Compo, talking teddy bear,you'll be telling me Santa's coming in a few months next

Rog

• Like 1