• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No jill  ts not me,..........and i can't be doing with people who look nothing like their avatar         lol.........

And I look exactly like my Avatar.  As the old saying goes, "On the Internet, nobody knows you're a dog"

Sounds good to me! I'm not having one this year because the numbers include a 0 and a 6....not necessarily in that order!  

Sort it out then Carni. Mine's next week, and I don't want to miss my cake, trifle, tiramisu, cheesecake, squirty cream, roulade, knickerbocker glory........... Oh, and the odd ice cream !

• Upvote 1

Phew, I can sleep contentedly now !:hungr:

So if you don't have an avatar.  You get a big first letter of your handle eh?  :biggrin:. Mine would be a big red L.  

Hmmm.  Do learner drivers still drive with a big red L plate like they did when I learnt?  Glad I've got my picture on there.  :)

• Like 2
7 hours ago, loppylugs said:

Do learner drivers still drive with a big red L plate like they did when I learnt?  

Yes, they do, Loppy! Then a large green P for, presumably, Probationer when they first pass their test, but I think that's optional.

I'm biologically old enough to be your mum, Jill!!   How do you think that makes ME feel....?

It was bad having one 'like' button to contend with. Although I joined in occasionally, I thought giving a like just because someone put the kettle on was ludicrous. Now, for goodness sake, we've two buttons to deal with. As Oztalgian says.... BO77OCKS !

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, MargieH said:

I'm biologically old enough to be your mum, Jill!!   How do you think that makes ME feel....?

YOUNG at heart' Margie, ?  Song there wheres Carnie?  

• Like 1

cough cough splutter........la la la  Here goes How come I love them now .... How come I love them more...Young at heart...Your so young at heart. Touch of the old Bluebells there Miduck. All together now, arms in the air, clasp the hand of the person next to you, all sway and go for it.smile2

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

So and so, reacted to.....  The word 'reacted' almost always seems to have negative connotations to me.  Not sure which word is best.  I do not want to 'like' a post in which someone is describing their trials and troubles even though it may be well written.

Jill, re. L plates.  Thanks for the info.  I always thought it was a good idea, as most decent folks will give a learner a bit more patience.  We have no learner ID. Here so you might be driving behind someone who never sat behind the wheel before.  Only way you could tell would be if it is a driving school car, and there does not seem to be many of them.

I had a mate at the EMEB who always used to say that a 'GB' plate, stood for 'getting better'. :)

• Upvote 2

No jill  ts not me,..........and i can't be doing with people who look nothing like their avatar         lol.........

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Oh Dear!!!! 

my window's seven has just got bugged. Master trying to be clever tried to get rid of bug, guess what I'm now back to dial up connection,  so have give up on my windows seven. Missed nottstalgia friends, so thought I would use master's windows ten. Surprise, Surprise, nottstalgia has changed again!! once more!! again.

I'm sorry friends but can't cope will have to go in a  darkened room to recover.:wacko:

Hopefully not Malcolm, he's been dead nearly 50 years !

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1