So, we now have another celebrity as a member. Joining the Dalai Lama/Errol Flynn, Meryl Streep, George Clooney, Kojak, Alf Garnet we have Clark Gable.

• Like 1
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No jill  ts not me,..........and i can't be doing with people who look nothing like their avatar         lol.........

And I look exactly like my Avatar.  As the old saying goes, "On the Internet, nobody knows you're a dog"

Sounds good to me! I'm not having one this year because the numbers include a 0 and a 6....not necessarily in that order!  

Mary 1947,..........you must get rid of that big M...............You are too nice to be just a big letter...........;)

Bleddy 'ell, carnie - who are the Bluebells? This is the version of Young at heart

My avatar is a bit out of focus but that suits me!  I drastically cropped one of the photos from a meet  up ....thank you to Chulla who took the photo

Pianoman, you did look like the photo of CG on Facebook - I was going to find out which famous person I looked like but the site wanted too many of my personal details.

What !!!  So RR can extract the wee wee !  No way ! smile2

1 hour ago, benjamin1945 said:

Mary 1947,..........you must get rid of that big M...............You are too nice to be just a big letter...........;)

Sorry Benjamin 

can't cope with out big M

and he doe's not wear a liberty bodice.

• Like 1

What exactly is the difference between a 'like' and an 'upvote'?

I gave a like to a post this a.m. Along with several other members.  There are now two hearts mine was listed as an upvote.  I don't get it.  What's wrong with just a good old 'like.'?

• Upvote 1

Exactly Loppy, I'm baffled. I assume (Wrongly no doubt) that one is for a 'like' and the other is for......... Oh sod it, I don't know.

Its a totally facility anyway. We've lost the useful one whereby a green dot denoted who was online. 

• Like 1

It should read 'totally useless facility '..... Sorry folks !

The button also says like.  Then when I hit it it says, "You reacted to this."  No!!!  I flippin' liked it!

Like you, I also miss the green dot for who is online.  It sometimes helped because you could get an immediate response.

It wasn't broke.

• 2 weeks later...

I STILL don't know the difference between "Like" and "Upvote". Should I like a post if I like it or should I upvote it?  What the heck is an upvote anyway?!  Can someone please spell this out in simple terms for me?

1 hour ago, Compo said:

I STILL don't know the difference between "Like" and "Upvote". Should I like a post if I like it or should I upvote it?  What the heck is an upvote anyway?!  Can someone please spell this out in simple terms for me?

As far as I know, nobody has worked out the difference. The updates happen automatically, and don't come with any instructions.

1 hour ago, Commo said:

Me anall Compo, and why do I keep getting this quote box every time I try to post?

When you have clicked on "Quote" in a post, it automatically appears in the reply box (as you've obviously noticed).    If you then reply to  another post in the same thread the quote you previously used will automatically re-appear.  Maybe someone thought it would be a useful feature; but it's just a pain.  Hover your cursor over the offending quote and you should see a black cross in the top left corner; hit Delete.

• Upvote 1