A few random photos - 6

I have lots of sheet music with the Nequest stamp on it. I keep all my sheet music in a large, oak blanket box, filed in folders in alphabetical order. The blanket box, I believe, came from Baker & Plumb many decades ago.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think this is the first I've done since Photobucket made a mess of things (although I've since repaired some of them).   Bus on Long Row outside Pearsons.   Victoria Statio

Just a random photo.. my wife was at the physio’s in Woodborough yesterday and for once I didn’t fancy waiting in the pub (must be sickening for something!)   Found a bench in the churchyard

Another random picture from yours truly...In the cab is my dad, standing on right is my Uncle Ken (dad's brother). The other fellow is Frank Fisher. They're in the gates of Grove Garage, on Greasley S

Sad to say all my sheet music is no more. It was the popular music of the day and I never continued my ‘musical career’. I still have a selection of instruments I’ve collected over time. A bugle, a violin, a Hofner guitar, a Spanish guitar, a Yamaha 12 string guitar, a Fender Stratocaster, a banjo, a ukulele, an electronic keyboard, a trumpet and a mouth organ. I always fancied a drum kit in my dreams!

Funny you should say that Jill. I forgot about the bagpipes. I bought them in an old music shop in Newark many years ago. They came with a jar of brown gunge to apply to the inside of the bag to prevent leakage. I never blew them in anger.

Phil ,

Might you be persuaded to sell your violin?

I am always on the look out for fiddles to renovate and play.

Nequests were a great shop, they could always find a score or an arrangement before there were computers.

4 hours ago, philmayfield said:

I forgot about the bagpipes. 

I thought we were talking about MUSICAL instruments here?  :sickly:

• Upvote 1

Thanks CT.  These photos were taken around 1977 to 1980. I can't remember what the display was in aid of but Spitfires and possibly other Battle of Britain aircraft on display in the market square.  The backdrop has probably changed a bit since then.

1 hour ago, Jill Sparrow said:

The backdrop has probably changed a bit since then.

The backdrop on the top photo hasn't really changed...although there's no through traffic these days.

https://goo.gl/maps/CsC5b2mH3WR81CpY8

And the lower photo is still the same, but without green buses.

https://goo.gl/maps/RCz7zNuZHRf7mAyb9

• Upvote 1