Cliff Ton

A few random photos - 6

Bridlesmith Gate , 1970.66947.1.640.640.UNPAD.jpgDog & Bear is on the right..i'd say the Dray is delivering there.Image Boutique is just out of sight.Like The Peach Tree..( 'til some drongo smashed them)..The Dog & Bear had fine decorative glass windows.

• Like 2

I think that is a CMP (Canadian Military Pattern) truck, most likely built by General Motors (Chevrolet) in Canada to British army specifications.

Ford also built them too and with variants over 500,000 were produced between 1940 and 1945.

I have several pictures of my dad with these in North Africa, Sicily and Italy during WWII

• Like 1

Speaks for themselves, the first one was on a nice walk along the Beeston/Nottingham canal,the second one was a nice day alongside the river Trent and a walk around the meadows (some memories of my younger childhood there) and finally a river craft in front of Trevethics boat yard on the canal near to Lenton

P1050653.jpg

P1050632.jpg

P1050659.jpg

Rog

• Like 3

Smashing Rog..never think of taking a few snaps when i'm up at Dawsons Table...gave me a few ideas..ta.

• Like 2

How about the OLD Trent bridge

Nottingham_006.jpg

Or the City ground

Nottingham_007.jpg

Not forgetting Meadow lane

Nottingham_010.jpg

I try to take pictures of all my travels,even if it's a short trike ride around the local villages, always of some interest to someone

Rog

• Like 4