DJ360

How's your day?

All:  I have an excuse for not doing the grass.  It's just started raining here. Drat... :rolleyes:

Col

Still at a loose end this morning, so seeing as how Jill dint want me to fix her 'Boiler' or 'Grout owt'..........thought i'd do some real mans work.....and Re-Design my 'Mans room''......'hideaway'......'den' or whatever you call it..............not into anything physical or to do with being out in the cold,

So moved and Polished all my bookcases inc the books.......got my music system re-sited sounds much better....'Rhinestone cowboy'' playing as i type this,............sorted drinks cabinet out.........not much in it, bottle of ''Laphroaig' single malt and a bottle of 'Dalwhinnie' single malt, had em both 2 or 3 years, never touch Whisky now days........2 bottles of 'Sangria' in fancy bottles,only enjoy that in the Sun.........and 2 bottles of ''Messerschmitt'' schnapps...that will be gone in the next couple of weeks,.......its been hard work .....hoovered as well,..........be awhile before i do it again.........think ive broke a finger nail........lol

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Don't know what she's burning,the back garden is covereed in old chopped up tree stumps and branches ,with us living in a bungalow the smoke doesn't seem to rise into the atmosphere like it does from a house,it just lingers in the surrounding area,at first she didn't have the chimney lined,she told the council she had,then she told them she had an air brick in the living room wall which she didn't,she has now had that work done after the council got in touch with her,when all this lot started a lot of people in the close (mainly elderly or with medical problems) were complaining but only among themselves because she is not a very nice person,I said I would ask her about the smoke which sort of let them off having to ask her, I was told "talk to the f- - - - g council by her, not much you can say about is there,in the meantime the sore chest,coughing and breathing problems will just carry on

Rog

Bloody heck Ben are you entering for husband of the year or sommat?

Rog

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, benjamin1945 said:

its been hard work .....hoovered as well,..........be awhile before i do it again.........think ive broke a finger nail........lol

Oh well, if it's moving furniture, cleaning, polishing and hoovering you're offering, our Ben, you can get yourself round here! I can find you plenty to do. I've got more bottles than you an all! smile2

• Like 1

You little 'Temptress' Jill...............i'm nicely settled now......keep eyeing the ''Schnapps' could give it an early one....while listening to some Barrie White 'Don't go changing''.........:rolleyes:

• Like 1

Cos........'i love you just the way you are''.........lizzie..............:rolleyes:

• Like 1

Carnie, where are you?........i'm being unfaithful Gel...........i'm so 'Fickle'.........lol

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Rog... Re the chimney smoke.  As far as I'm concerned that's fighting talk from her.  Apart from being very unladylike.  I'd go after her by every lawful means available to me.  There seems to be lot of elf and safety rules over there.  She must be breaking several of 'em.  I would not quit until they change or leave.  

Like I said this smoke problem has been going on for five years now, a few years ago the guy who lived across the road decided to open up his fire place and burn coal, she complained to the council and he had to stop using it and go back to his storage heaters, the guy next to him asked the council about an open fire,they refused him as they did with the couple in the next bungalow yet she goes ahead without asking anyone, sommat funny there if you ask me,she even had the fire brigade earlier this year because the bloody chimney was on fire,the council didn't know about that until today when I told them, I suppose we all have someone living near us who is not a very nice person,wouldn't do for us all to be the same would it,be a boring world if it was

Rog

I have a Clearview multifuel stove. I use kiln dried logs and smokeless solid fuel. There are still some areas close to me where burning ordinary housecoal is permitted but this isn't one of them. Coal merchants can be heavily fined if they deliver ordinary coal to a customer in a designated smokeless zone, even if the customer requests it, and it is illegal to burn ordinary coal in such an area, so I don't.

However, you can buy pre packed bags of  housecoal at garages, garden centres and supermarkets, although it's an expensive way to purchase. How they police who buys it and where they live, I don't know. I suppose the onus falls on the person burning the fuel.

I don't think we'll ever beat ignorance Jill, I did think about going round next door to sit in front of the fire, well she's sharing the smoke so she might as well share the heat  :jumping:

Rog

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

It's amazing how folk who won't observe the rules seem to get away with it! When I was little, there was a chap down the road...a miner...who used to set his chimney on fire deliberately rather than have it swept. It was not an uncommon practice, I believe.

Sweep calls here in August every year. If my house caught fire and I couldn't prove I'd had the chimney swept, the house insurers wouldn't want to know. They probably wouldn't anyway!

Even so, I'm not taking any chances with the roof over my head!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, benjamin1945 said:

Cos........'i love you just the way you are''.........lizzie..

'I just want someone that I can talk to........... I love you just the way you are'. 

benj, I'm sure we can forgive you. Fickel, nah not you Miduck. smile2

• Like 1

New Coffee machine in Wethers''............used to pay 1.30 for espresso,.........now they give you a cup for 1.20.........and refill it ya'sen as many times as you like..............had 4 this morning        weh ey weh ey........still up on it..............Grandson (4) just came in my man room..........wow grandad ,this is great can i have all your books when you die ?.................;)

• Like 3

Just been reading about your smoky neighbour Rog. Have you tried Environmental Health? They will turn up as and when someone complains, to monitor the situation. I have first hand experience of this when a neighbour of mine complained regarding our muck heap which went up one bonfire night (well every bonfire night we used to burn it off). It was sad really, she was miffed because she hadn't been invited to the event - due to a difference of opinion...but then that's another story!!! Anyway the upshot was said neighbour complained that it was smoking profusely and had been for several days, EH turned up at my property unannounced to "catch" the situation which had actually been hugely exaggerated, to find just a tiny spiral of smoke rising, (and the wind was blowing it in the opposite direction to neighbours house), as we had kept it controlled. The point being that they will turn out pronto if there is a health risk. So this could be worth a try if the situation continues.

Environmental Health are very quick off the mark. I had a letter from them sometime ago re a missing toilet door lock. The letter (I still have it) threathend a £2000 fine for causing the tenant 'psycological strees' unless remedied within seven days. The fact that the tenant broke the lock (aren't kids cute when they're dropping their parents in it) or that the letter from EH was the first we had heard about it was irrelevant.

Eighth one down under pest pollution & food hygiene 

https://www.nottinghamcity.gov.uk/reportit#59327fbc06692

• Like 1

Been in touch with the environmental department at North Kesteven council, the man said he sat in the close on a couple of occasions and didn't see any smoke so couldn't see a problem, not much good sitting in our close on a summers day when the weathers bloody warm and no one need a fire

Rog

Have finally finished  30 liberty bodices for the York Dolls House Fair ,all in white and cream. My only problem is I can't get tiny rubber bullets, would be nice and make then more like the original.  Have had a lot of sales since they were first mentioned on here, should say thank you Ben.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Rog it seems to me its time to start letter writing, no more phone calls.

Start with one to the chief environmental health officer, copying your local councillor and your MP. Explain everything in minute detail, include they chimney fire as this proves lack off care and probably unsuitable fuel and don't forget to mention about the man who could not see a problem on a summers day.

Sounds to me as if this woman has been a problem in the past and because she is loud and nasty they are taking the easy way out.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, NewBasfordlad said:

Have had a lot of sales since they were first mentioned on here, should say thank you Ben.

He'll be putting in an order, Gem! ;)

• Like 2