DJ360

How's your day?

All:  I have an excuse for not doing the grass.  It's just started raining here. Drat... :rolleyes:

Col

Feeling really fed up and miserable, been almost housebound for last seven days, due to tooth extraction, warfarin complications and a heavily stitched sore gob. Hah, can't stand it any longer, so we are risking a gentle cycle ride. Hope we don't  bump in to any friends (not literally) or small children, might frighten em.lol. Right......Better Move it Move It, Hubs is waiting. Soz for the moan.:)

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, carni said:

.... and a heavily stitched sore gob. 

OK, you've proved you're from Nottingham !   

I wonder where else on the internet you'd find language like that, and yet everyone reading it knows what you're talking about ;)

• Like 2

Yo ey a bleddy good moan Carni miduck.  Yo've urned it!!

Col

• Like 1

Mrs Commo and I used to enjoy the Richard Briers sitcom "Ever Decreasing Circles" with two characters a married couple Howard and Hilda. If Mrs C and I found that we were wearing similar tops we would always say we were having a Howard and Hilda day!

For those of you who don't know the prog, they ALWAYS wore matching cardis or tops.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Back now. Scared a few people  along the way with mi wonky smile. Chris says I am like a ventriloquist, he hears my voice, but mi face dunt move? Had a very pleasant 10miler, down the lanes and towpaths. Moaning with a wonky smile now instead of a grimace. Cheers Miducks.smile2

• Like 7

Bought my Mun and Aunt a tablet each, daughter said i was crazy as they wouldn't have a clue.  I loaded newspapers that they read and a news channel, all the rest are bingo,crossword and assorted games sites, all are free and have given them hours of pleasure. They get out and about during the day but their evening were spent in front of tv, now they have other things to do which keep their brain active which is good.   So the saying you can't teach an old dog new tricks is rubbish.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 4

My 87 year old auntie has an iPad. She emails me all the time! She's currently sunning herself in Madeira! Lucky for some! ;)

• Like 3

Have some Madeira ma dear.  Remember that old Flanders and Swan song?   Bit of the old Madeira and an IPad.  What more could she want.  ;)

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, loppylugs said:

They'll be on Nottstalgia next.  :)

With a combined age 196 think we will give Nostalgia miss, mum often asks me if I still chat on here talks about all the lovely messages Nostalgians  sent her on her birthday.

• Like 1

Think of the all the memories of Nottingham they could tell us.  Assuming they grew up there.  :)  Not trying to push.  Just thinking out loud. ;)

• Like 2

13 hours ago, loppylugs said:

Think of the all the memories of Nottingham they could tell us.  Assuming they grew up there.  :)  Not trying to push.  Just thinking out loud. ;)

Quite a few miles away they were born in Gateshead and have lived here all their lives, were both land girls in yorkshire during the war. Holidays abroad till in their late 80s now its the Lake District or Torquay.

• Like 1

Another good day in Liverpool yesterday.  Despite the big refurbishment happening at Liverpool Lime St, the service from St Helens to Liverpool is running.  Sort of.  Every 30 minutes and stoppng at all stations.  A bit tedious but everybody gets a service.  Poor old Picko had to get off the train from Nottm at Liverpool South Parkway (John Lennon Airport) and negotiate the Merseyrail system from there to Liverpool Moorfields.  He managed it, but I made sure I saw him back to it after a few 'scoops'. ....  :)  It was actually very interesting because while they're working, a lot of the long downhill tunnel from Edge Hill to Lime St is floodlit.  A chance to see the tunnel in something other than complete darkness.

Also yesterday I got a message on Stuart Frew's site.  A lady from New Zealand who it turns out shares a Great Great Grandfather with me...  She too is descended from old Samuel.. who is resting in St Marks churchyard, Bestwood Village. Looking forward to finding out more..

Bloke coming today to look at fitting us a new kitchen..  And not before time.. the present one is a disgrace to civilisation...  Still.. I'm now looking forward to the 'discussions' with Mrs Col.. about what we get, how it's laid out etc.  Also what needs throwing away..  she doesn't like to get rid of anything...

Fun times ahead!!!  girlvboy

Col

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Got approached by a good looking lady today. in wethers'.........who seemed to know me..........so me and the wife invited her and her friend to have Coffee with us.........recognised her friend 'Linda'.............half hour of pleasant chat ensued...........Welcome home KATY it was a pleasure,...........glad you met Donna too,...........lovely to see Linda (mrs Chulla) as well,......enjoy your time here Gel.....and hopefully see you again next week...........

• Like 6

Saw the Doc this morning, go & get yersen a blood test he said. Went to reception, can't do it for nearly 3 weeks. Sometimes I really do despair.

• Like 1

Just before meeting up with Katy and Linda.........had a funny and sad 'bump into moment'..........girl/lady i worked with at Marsdens, Andover road,more than 50 years ago....was with her friend and i as normal gave her the greeting of ''ey-up,when do you want me to move in with you (name).........?......she smiled and only moved her mouth,no sound,......i said 'whats up Gel''?.......her friend spoke for her saying she'd had her voice box removed''.........i put my arm round her and told her sorry me-duck''...........then said ''you can't swear at me any more now then''................she raised two fingers and silently mouthed ...f,,, off Paul.........and started laughing,...............lovely and also sad...............

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Well done Ben for lightening the situation up for her.  Poor lady.  How lovely for you to meet Katy and Linda.  Looking forward to catching up with everyone next week.  

• Like 2

Thanks Lizzie........was a really nice surprise this morning...............hope you getting back on track......be nice to see you..............

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, LizzieM said:

Well done Ben for lightening the situation up for her.  Poor lady.  How lovely for you to meet Katy and Linda.  Looking forward to catching up with everyone next week.  

You may wonder about my lovely Donna who is often with me when i have these lovely encounters,.......don't think she looks at what i say on the 'forum' and she's mostly never met the other 'bump into's''...........all i can say is she takes it all in her stride.......and justs laughs............i really do have a 'good un'

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Forgot to mention that on the train back from Liverpool to St Helens Thurs night.. I nodded off for a moment.  ( I must have been 'tired' ... ahem)

I woke up from the boozy mist and through slightly hazy eyes saw a not unnattractive woman had sat opposite me . I'd guess her age at about 50.  She was dressed up to the 'nines', in a smart dress and expensive looking knee length boots.  She flashed a huge smile at me and then set about 'checking' her make up.  In a 30 minute trip she must have used about four thousand different sticks, brushes, tissues, bottles, boxes etc..  She kept rummaging into her capacious handbag for another little bag or purse with another few hundred powders, potions etc., in it, while I drifted in and out of consciousness.

I was desperately trying to 1. Stay awake and 2. Not stare in amazement.  Thing is for all this lady's work, I saw no appreciable change in her appearance.  I woke up from another 'nod' just as we pulled in to St Helens and staggered to my feet whereupon she said.. " I was just going to give you a makeover".  At this point I focused enough to realise that the 'Lady', was a man...

" You'd need a lot more time than I've got"..,I replied in a cheery fashion..  Then.... suddenly very awake.. I exited the train a bit smartish...

Takes all sorts I suppose..  :laugh:

Col

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Looking @ the online list, theres some early rises on here? Whats up sh*t the bed? 

Saturday shoes on should be done for one.