DJ360

How's your day?

All:  I have an excuse for not doing the grass.  It's just started raining here. Drat... :rolleyes:

Col

The Lincoln to London train picks up the east coast mainline at Newark, does it cost more on the ECML than it does on the Midland line?

Rog

Seems like nothing has changed much since my day.  Beeching cut rail lines right and left because he said they were making no money.  At that time my dad took me down to London on the train for around a couple of quid return, each.

Now it sounds like even the main lines are pricing themselves out of business.  I don't know why they can't get it through their skulls that if you sell for less you will get more business and make up the difference.

Just checked, off peak day return to Skeg, £24 per adult. Shows why people use their cars instead !

• Like 1

Lincoln to Skegness on the train,  £42 anytime return for the two of us, from LINCOLN, it's not even an hour from home,if I get my timings right I could use my bus pass and get there and back for nowt,just the cost of the car park in Lincoln,we only have a few buses a day in the village and they wouldn't tie in with the connection in the city

Rog

Well I got old Bailey trimmed, washed and polished.  Nails trimmed. He looks like the perfect gentleman, but he smells like a lady of the evening.  Phew!!! might have to bath him again tomorrow just to get him to smell more doggy.  I think even Jake is keeping his distance. ;)

IMG_0315.jpg

• Like 7

He looks very dapper, Loppy! I don't know why they drench dogs in these perfumes. Most animals are very sensitive to smells. My collection of moggies absolutely refuses to use cat litter that is scented. The manufacturers might think it appeals to us humans but feline noses don't appreciate it one little bit.

• Like 1

Conservatory finished :)

Been advised not to lay the wooden floor for at least another month as I've been told that the concrete takes that long to dry out properly?

Moving back to Nottingham AND a new conservatory BW. I'm jealous miduck. I hope you have many years of enjoyment from both.:)

Back from a short trike ride,just a few miles today,no wind nice and calm,slightly damp roads, and not many people about,with me only doing a short ride today I kept the trike in a lower gear than usual so I had to pedal faster,help to keep the heartrate up and breathing a bit quicker, thats the healthy bit done now for the other,I going to do a sausage sandwich for breakfast, oh well,I didn't get this physique eating salads,

See a lot of you soon in Bulwell

Rog

• Like 2

To do that Mick I would had to have started off at 08.30 to get there for midday then I'd have to pedal back, good idea though and I would like to get over to Nottingham on it

Rog

5 hours ago, Bubblewrap said:

Conservatory finished :)

Been advised not to lay the wooden floor for at least another month as I've been told that the concrete takes that long to dry out properly?

Good going!  

I'd be inclined to give that concrete even longer than that.  Depending on temperature, humidity etc. it could take longer.  You don't need mold underneath. I think I'd just live with it open for a good while if you possibly can.

• Like 1

Thank you for the advice Loppylugs I will bear that in mind

In the mean time I intend to run a dehumidifier in the conservatory :) 

• Like 1

Jill.  Re dog perfumes.     When you think about it most dogs have such a strong sense of smell it must really bug them to be doused in perfume.

I suppose the human thinking is that it makes them smell nice.  No consideration for how the dog feels.  A dog kept clean and bathed regularly does not normally smell in my experience.  I'm sure that's true for cats although they tend to be good at washing themselves. ;).  I've been giving him quite a bit of outside time in hopes it will wear off.  If push comes to shove I'll give him another quick rinse.

• Upvote 1

Blooming awful start to the day, was going to come to the meet up got out of bed this morning, eyes running, nose running and a bloody headache. Using hanky's like there's not tomorrow, so can't come and spread this to everyone.

BW it really depends how thick the concrete is and what additives were in it, but at this time of year a month would be the shortest time.

• Like 1

^^^^^Even with the dehumidifier running I would give it as long as you can appreciating it isn't long till the festivities and you will want to be straight by then.

3 hours ago, NewBasfordlad said:

Blooming awful start to the day, was going to come to the meet up got out of bed this morning, eyes running, nose running and a bloody headache. Using hanky's like there's not tomorrow, so can't come and spread this to everyone.

Sorry you aren't too well NBL... would have been good to meet you

Hope you'll soon feel better

• Like 2

20 hours ago, NewBasfordlad said:

^^^^^Even with the dehumidifier running I would give it as long as you can appreciating it isn't long till the festivities and you will want to be straight by then.

Looks like it will be the end of November before my stepson will be able to lay the floor he's coming today to fit the loft ladder then he is of to Denmark for a month or so.