DJ360

How's your day?

All:  I have an excuse for not doing the grass.  It's just started raining here. Drat... :rolleyes:

Col

Come on it's Friday who's got that Friday feeling? Boom Boom Boom let me hear ya say Way Oh ..... Way Oh!

Remember when most days were special for something, back in the 60s,

Monday. Mams washing day,

Thursday.half day closing

Friday. Pay day,out on the town

Saturday. Out on the pull,

Sunday.in town again with a girl if you'd pulled on Saturday, 

Anyone recall what we did Tuesday and Wednesday?  Lol.

Speaking from experience Red ?  smile2

• Like 1

Ben.....  Tuesday night a date if you'd managed over the weekend.   Wednesday night, Palais with said date or looking for a new one.  :biggrin:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, benjamin1945 said:

Remember when most days were special for something, back in the 60s,

Monday. Mams washing day,

Thursday.half day closing

Friday. Pay day,out on the town

Saturday. Out on the pull,

Sunday.in town again with a girl if you'd pulled on Saturday, 

Anyone recall what we did Tuesday and Wednesday?  Lol.

• Like 1

Just back from a great week in Edinburgh,saw the new Forth road bridge,over the old one and under the rail bridge,Went up to the Wallace monument in Sterling,saw plent of live entertainment at the Fringe festival,and had a brilliant walk through the Botanical gardens Edinburgh,too much stuff to mention but had a great time,hope you,ve all had a great day

Rog

• Like 3

Bubble both songs were crap, but they did make me laugh,

A Marti Caine line was " It were Tuesday cos we had liver". Saw her live quite a few times at the Batley Variety Club. Roy Orbison was a regular there too and they were on the same show a few times. Wish I could hear Roy again. Talking about 'Roys' I was thinking about Roy Castle today following the sad news of Brucies demise.  Roy was a brilliant entertainer on a par with Brucie in his day. Different styles but so appealing to a live audience.

My mate turned up today and cut the top of the 'signal blocking' tree off.  So the new dish that I fitted now receives a good signal. We now have a TV after being without for 3 1/2 weeks. Load of rubbish on so will wait till the 10 o'clock news to resume watching TV.

Put a fake electric fence up around the pond and will be out at dawn to see what Arnie the Heron thinks about it.  Mrs PP agreed to put house sale off for a few months so we will be here in late Autumn for a couple of weeks. The best time of the  year to build a fire outside and watch the stars.

• Upvote 2

Marti Caine now there's a great memory.

Back in the late 80s I got a call to Lenton TV studios to work as armourer on Wayne Dobson's A Kind of Magic. Working with Dobbo was a treat a very nice man with no side to him. Marti was on the show at her glamorous best and again no side to her what so ever she had everyone in stitches during rehearsal and her version of Honky Tonk Woman took some beating. But being a fella it was Linda Lusardi my favourite page 3 girl who got most of my attention a lovely lady she even arrange to have her photo taken with me.

All from two little words thanks PP that has made my day.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

I'm heading down to Nottingham later today (Saturday)  Will call into the William Peveril as early as possible on Monday morning partly to see my mate Picko but also any 'Stalgians who are about.  You can't say I didn't warn you!!  :)

Col

Up at 06.00 this morning & it looks a nice morning

Out for my walk a little earlier than usual this morning :):)

• Like 1

Up at dawn heron watching. He didn't turn up. Probably flew over and didn't like the look of the fake fence. It's our last day here so have to paint the end of the house before taking the scaffolding down. First job though is to take a trailer load of rubbish and about 100 empty bottles to the tip. I have a problem going to tips - I get the urge to bring more back than I take :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Just noticed that yesterday was the ninth anniversary of me walking through the doors & joining Nottstalgia !

Met quite a few smashing people during that time .

• Like 3
  • Upvote 4

Just managed to clear everything away outside and pack the car before it got dark. House painting completed today, scaffolding put away and just tapped off 7 gallons of cidre to take home. 7.30 (6.30 UK) departure in the morning. Home for 10 days then off to the US for a fortnight.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Up at 05 .30 again looks a nice morning so a walk into slab square for a coffee(mocha)

Then the tram home should be back before nine,. :) 

Don't forget your bucket & spade youth

• Like 1

Mrs Red attended a wedding yesterday, just noticed a massive glass table display in the kitchen it's still got flowers and the water in it?

You can take the girl out of Bilborough, but not the Bilborough out the girl ......... shocking!

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Bubblewrap said:

Up at 05 .30 again looks a nice morning so a walk into slab square for a coffee(mocha)

Then the tram home should be back before nine,. :) 

Don't you ever sleep BW ? Up at 5.30 that's obscene !smile2