DJ360

How's your day?

All:  I have an excuse for not doing the grass.  It's just started raining here. Drat... :rolleyes:

Col

5 hours ago, Gem said:

Looking though wetherspoons magazine yesterday i didn't know that Eastwood also has one.  Does anyone go there, everyone seems to go to Bulwell possibly because of its sparkling cliente.

I didn't know it had one either, Gem, and looking at the photos on its website, I can't work out where The Lady Chatterley is on Nottingham Road although I must have driven past it. The building looks vaguely familiar though. Anyone know what it used to be?

Got a meeting in an hour with the "new management company" to see if they are doing away with my services,

Want to carry on,but won't be heartbroken if they say "hasta la vista"

Wish me luck, 

• Upvote 2

Nah!  Wot 'appended to that last avatar Jill?   That cat's got Bailey all upset.  :biggrin:

I've put Crystal, the mutton Jeff, odd eyed pussycat with the foghorn miaaw on my avatar. Can't be masquerading as a famous person...like some! :blink:

Bailey would like Crystal. She's a one off cat and she spent her early months with dogs...before someone dumped her at cat rescue with a very lame excuse, so I think she deserves a bit of fame! Or as Crystal herself would say MIAAW!

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Famous person?  I've no idea who you could mean.  :biggrin:. Unless it could be the king of Bulwell.  Lol.  Woof!!

• Like 3

Knock em bandy Ben,They know it makes sense

Rog

• Like 1

Thanks for the kind words, all went well, they have offered me very good money, plus more work at their other locations, so all in all as Rog said in the words of Del boy, i must have knocked em bandy,,,life in us old uns yet,  will celebrate with Raquel tonight, could be two months in espana this winter, 

• Like 6
  • Upvote 3

Ay up, our Ben! You could end up being the next Alan Sugar but I hope not because he's a scruffy looking bu99er and doesn't wear a liberty bodice ;)

Well done and congratulations!

• Like 2

Congratulations, Ben

• Like 1

Well done Ben

• Like 1

Jill - just as a matter of interest how do you know Alan Sugar doesn't wear a liberty bodice.  If you don't want to answer we will respect your privacy  !!!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Good going Ben.  Just shows it pays not to let the suits push you around. ;)   Hope it all goes well for you.  Life in us old dogs yet.  ;)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Gem said:

how do you know Alan Sugar doesn't wear a liberty bodice. 

He just isn't the sort, Gem! ;)

• Like 2

Up at 06.30 made the coffee & at least it's not raining :)

At least I will be able to do my morning's walk without getting wet. :)

Having to do some plant removal in readiness for the conservatory people making a start on the 18th :):):)

Been up since 07:30.  That's early for me, but was asleep in my chair from about 8:00pm yesterday afew a few 'scoops' in Liverpool.. ;) Lousy night's sleep, but off to Ness Gardens on the Wirral today for a spot of photography.  Never been there before.

Col

Bit of excitement in Bulwell this morning,......car being chased by Police smashed into front of shops just passed the 'Monkey'......think driver who looked about 15 was ok.....but its a wonder he didn't kill anyone..........

The driver is ok...... That's a blooming pity !

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Keep us in mind here.  Hurricane Irma is aiming at Florida.  The most powerful Atlantic hurricane in memory.  Looks like Miami could take a direct hit by Sunday.  I know Mudgie lives down that way.  I'm not sure about any other members.  

The question then becomes, where does it go after Florida.  There are various projections, but it looks almost certain that Ga.  Will take a hit.  The Ga state government has just declared a state of emergency.  Mrs. L tells me that in the past they just result in bands of rain and wind by the time they reach here, but this is a bigun.  I did not plan on having seafront property when I moved here. ;). The weather is beautiful here today, sunny and cool. it will not hit here, assuming it does until Monday.

It doesn't scare me.  Not much does at my age, but I hope we can avoid major damage.  I feel for the folks in Florida, apparently many are now on the highways heading North.  I would too!

Better see if I've still got a Mac' and a brolly. I will update y'all as things develop.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

Pity Irma can't do a U Turn, and head for North Korea ! Hopefully dampen their hotheads !

• Upvote 1

Spent a nice few hours in Loughborough this morning,walking around the market and sitting outside womens clothes shops,(while Mrs P was in them) nice lunch in the Griffin and a steady drive back home,car park in the Rushes a tad expensive I thought at £6.00 for just over three hours

Rog