How's your day?

12 hours ago, benjamin1945 said:

Thanks Lizzie,, not been posting much,, only time ive been out is to Hospital appointments,, don't want to come on here talking about them just get on everyones tits,,..........still logging in to see what's gooing off though,,not much it seems at the moment ?.......aiming for trip into Bulwell monday i hope,,wife as to drive not up to it yet,,can't twist me neck far enough yet,,be nice just to have a coffee in 'Wetherspoons' and see me old mates............

Paul, I know you are being missed in Boowul Wethies.  I was in there a week last Monday before 9:00 a.m. and a few of the early 'Coffee Club' crew seemed to know you.  They wished you well.

• Like 1
  • Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

Completely relaxing day today. Canadians are on an independent sightseeing tour before their flight back this afternoon.

Have a busy few days next week when I'm being visited by lawyers from Canada and my IP attorney from the UK to negotiate the finer points of my business interests being bought out.

If everything goes according to plan, I will forfeit all of my rights to the intellectual property I currently own in exchange for a quite nice cash lump sum.

• Like 2

That's good news jonab, I hope it goes well.

Whilst on the subject of lawyers I think you should now consider adopting me.

I'm reasonably clean, house trained, kind to old ladies plus small furry creatures and although I cannot speak French I can shout really loud!      thumbsup

• Like 1

A sad day here in Bulwell. visited the Oasis cafe in the town for the last time, today is the last day of opening. Free drinks & snap laid on, well worth the effort it was. Typically no one from the Salvation Army bothered to turn up. Great staff tho, real nice genuine Christian people.

Just another one of life's chapters comes to an end.

• Like 1

Lease up for renewal. I'll bet some money grabbing property owner wants more money. I hope the shop stays empty & then the part of the rates are still payable !

Just like the money grabbing buy to let scum landlords.

• Like 2

Two sides to every story I believe. There was a car left in the Setting Down area outside Tesco's the other week. It had been clamped ! The following day, it passed my house on a recovery truck, hopefully to be crushed. 

The amount of cars parked illegally at Top Valley Tescos is ludicrous. The owners must think they're above the law. I've complained in the past, but the only answer I get is that Tesco doesn't supervise the car park. Well in my mind, they're paying someone else for nothing most of the time.

• Like 1

I am rapidly coming to the conclusion that it is no good complaining to anyone any more because whoever they are they are not interested in you, your complaint is filed away never to see light of day again

Rog

Get the gun Rog !

Landlords ! What's wrong with it ? Surely as an advocate of freedom of choice, you should allow people to do what they like with they're own money. 

I always think there's an element of jealousy re this subject. I'm occasionally envious of someone with a better lifestyle than myself, but never jealous to the point of bitterness. If people buy a derelict property and renovate it and make a profit, then good luck to them.

• Upvote 2

Tongue in cheek Rog. Tongue in cheek....... Oh ! JFK. 

• Like 1

I’ve got to confess I’m a fairly regular chainsaw user as are some of my neighbours. With five acres of land and a lot of trees there’s always some pruning and felling to be done. I keep my chainsawing to working hours during the week though. I don’t disturb the peace at weekends. I don’t have a wood burner so neighbours who do burn my logs. 

I have never envied anyone in my life & never will either FLY. What you never have you never miss.

Regarding supermarket car parks they should get rid of Parent & Toddler parking, let the kids walk from the normal car park like anyone else. The Snowflake culture strikes again !

Scum landlords are leeches, only interest is more money. Nothing else matters.

• Like 1

Agreed on car park facilities, but I see no reason to denigrate landlords. Without them, there'd be even more derelict property.

I agree with you about ‘scum landlords’ Catfan but not all landlords can be so described.  We bought a house in Loughborough when our sons were studying at the University.  It was a no-brainer, a very easy decision to make when our eldest son started looking around the town for something to rent with his group of friends.  We could afford to buy a decent house so why would we pay rent to a landlord, better for us to get rent from our son’s housemates.   We did everything necessary, nicely furnished, hard-wired smoke alarms, fire doors throughout.  The property did us well and we made a nice profit when we sold it a few years later.  The tax man made a tidy sum too I hasten to add. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I've known many builders who tried not to do landlord work due to greedy landlords not wanting to pay for the bare minimum for repairs or alterations to make their rat traps safe for habitation, never mind the poor sods who had to live there.

• Like 1

Bolt cutters, angle grinder. ..... Mmmm

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
22 minutes ago, jonab said:

Brew, hopefully, all my dealings with lawyers and their ilk will end very soon when the money's in the bank!

Jolly good, excellent in fact. I'm already practising how to say cock in a van and cashulay stew....

• Like 1
2 hours ago, catfan said:

Sickening.

Clampers are the lowest form of human life.

In the mid 1980s we were asked by Metropolitan Police to cost a wheel-clamping operation.  We were subsequently awarded the contract, bought 12 new Transit vans, 2 tow-away trucks and set on many extra employees.  Every clamping van had to have a policeman in it.  It was a lucrative contract but obviously stressful as it was something that nobody liked to happen, there was a lot of aggravation from clamp haters.  Our guys couldn’t make a decision on which cars to clamp, that was the police’s decision.   

I remember one amusing incident. A car was parked in an obstructive place and a clamp was fixed on it.  After several hours the de-clamping fee had not been paid so the tow-away truck was summoned.  When it arrived the clamp was removed just as a little old lady toddled along the road, got in the car and drove off, completely unaware that she had just avoided a very expensive afternoon. 

No, our employees were not leeches, they were doing an honest job and earning a good wage.  

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Exactly Lizzie. Everyone should be wary, and read any relevant notices. Without such rules and regulations, there'll be utter chaos.