How's your day?

Thanks for the advice Margie,,duly noted,,getting back fit ain't easy nowadays,,bit by bit will have to do,,frustrating though,,

• Like 3
  • Replies 18.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, PeverilPeril said:

went up to Ogston Reservoir today for a spot of trout fishing. What a lovely place! 

It is indeed, PP. Know it well. Virtually on my doorstep.

I was part of the retrieve team for a hot air balloon. The pilot asked on the radio for me to ask permission to land. From the commodores reaction you'd have thought I had said b*lls to the Queen and told me to get out before he called his crew and had me forcibly ejected. Charming twa  err chappie.

• Like 3

Day not started well. Put CH on last night for a couple of hours to take the chill away. Reset the timer. This morning it went into over heating but the radiators were cold. We have a pellet stove and I think that as it also went into too high a temperature last night  ( because the immersion heater was also on) that was the cause this morning. Now waiting for the stove to cool down and see what the problem is. Its already been serviced so its probably something stupid.

Also come to put my slippers on as I got out of bed and found only one. ( could it be the sock stealer) The dogs are good at taking things into their beds but I've looked evertwhere and the missing slipper is nowhere to be found.

• Like 3

I've also been having boiler problems. I know what the problem is and, if I  were still mobile, it would be possible to fix it myself. As it is, I can't persuade anyone in the house to replace the pilot light controller thermocouple. It's an awkward job, I'll admit (very poor design of the control unit not allowing easy access for maintenance) but I used to be able to do it so others should be likewise - it doesn't require any exposure to gas or mains electricity and the gas is propane (and easily shut off at the cylinder).

I'm thinking that it might be time to get a modern CH system but I'm far from impressed with these newfangled computerised systems which appear to need replacing every couple of years or so. My current boiler was here when I moved in and must be thirty or so years old. It still works, though, apart from needing an annual clean and an occasional thermocouple replacement.

It's good there is an almost infinite supply of logs available. Nothing quite like sitting by a log fire on a cool evening.

• Upvote 1

NBL is a good source of advice for heating problems but seems to be AWOL still.  I appreciated his advice last year when I had a new boiler installed.

Pouring with rain here this morning and a bit chilly. Think I'll put the multi fuel on as friends coming for lunch. Cheers things up a bit and the cats love it!

Hope both nonna and jonab get their problems sorted quickly.

• Like 1

Just been thinking that it's not long since the boiler was serviced/cleaned so the thermocouple shouldn't have failed that quickly. That led me on to think that it wasn't properly fitted after the service (it is a bit of a finicky thing and has to be done up really tightly to be reliable - hand tight and half a turn is how the fitting is described). So, I managed to persuade Thierry to get the spanners out and tighten the nut holding the thermocouple in place. He announced that the whole thing was loose and could easily be tightened further - even without a spanner.

So duly tightened and the pilot relighted we're back in business.

Hope yours is as easy, nonnaB.

N.B Thierry is my carer/'chauffeur'/'manservant'.

• Like 1

Not my day today . Am at my daughters while the decorators are finishing off. Can't get on Internet with iPad or laptop but I can with my phone. I have vodafone at home and have connected but can't get anything at my daughters. She has Telecom Italia so that may be down like vodafone the other day. The whole of Piemonte was down with vodafone.

Not really important but I'm bored. Oh to have my house back again They should finish today

Just found out why. The Ethernet cable was loose. Should have checked before

fullsizeoutput_25d.jpg

just browsing google earth. this is a birds eye view of my area. We are where the pools are the one nearer the road is us. its an old view though as things have changed quite a bit.

All strips are vineyards, the others are corn / grain or grazing land and hazelnuts.

• Like 11
  • Upvote 1

Whilst out in Bulwell yesterday,,had a look in the 'Charity shops'  hoping to find a nice 'Cravat' or two,,did'nt find any,,Bulwell not exactly the Cravat wearing centre of the Earth,,

However did come across some great unusual Shoes,,Black lace up Suede with silver trimmings,,great for Dancing on Holiday,,sadly only size 8,, and i'm a 10,, then spotted a nice 'Trilby' Frank Sinatra style,,but too small,,as me Mam would say ''like a pimple on a haystack''......so if i had a smaller head and feet yesterday would have been a better day. ;)

• Like 5
3 minutes ago, katyjay said:

Nonna, it looks lovely where you live.

It is a lovely area but when we went to see them it was snowy, wet and slushy!  Next time we’ll go in the summer and take us bathers!! 

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Jill Sparrow said:

Wot? No liberty bodices?

No Jill,,but was nearly tempted by a nice ''Cumberbund''........i know they should be worn with a Dress suit and black tie,,but think they would look nice with a black jacket and blue jeans.........?

• Like 3
20 minutes ago, benjamin1945 said:

.so if i had a smaller head and feet yesterday would have been a better day.

But you would only be half the man you are today  slywink

Rog

• Like 3

Kath it is lovely really. Its a bit hilly with some lovely views. Mountains in the background. Very quiet when the dogs aren't barking.

• Like 1

If its still there on Monday ,going to buy it,,........just looked it up Jill,,youre spelling is more correct than mine,,interesting read started with the Military out east,,as did the Cravat,military in Croatia,,love to know that sort of thing,,     Difficult to bring into ordinary conversation in Bulwell though..........lol