How's your day?

According to Mme it is not specifically the honey which is effective but the 'antibiotiques' it contains which originate from both the lavender flowers and the bees themselves. Bigarade honey has different 'antibiotiques' which should work if the lavender doesn't.

Note that this is what she says, it may or may not be true.

Another, very widely used remedy for respiratory problems is Cuivre Or Argent (copper, gold silver) in colloidal form. It is available in pharmacies so it seems it does have some conventional validity.

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

Nonna, I hope you and your husband get better soon.

On Nottstalgia,  you're in the presence of a number of people who are experts at dealing with medical conditions, and they all seem to come out the other side in pretty good shape, so there's no reason why you shouldn't join them.

• Like 1

Just read post of Notts S  members  being unwell, I hope you all get better soon, theirs nothing like feeling unwell when you wake up in the mornings,  so I wish you all a speedy recovery

Margie H

from what I know cats are very independent and will set the score like, only when they want you, will you see them, had a cat myself years ago, show's how long ago it was, as I named him after the song  "Bimbo"

• Like 1

All the best to Nonna and Hubby and anyone else feeling under the weather.

Oddly enough, though I'm sure it's nothing.. I woke up aching all over my upper body this morning. Chest, ribs, shoulders and back.  The only thing I can put it down to is weight training, though I've done nothing more than the usual and it's never got me like this before.  Mrs Col says I should stop training because I'm too old.  I'll give today's scheduled weights a miss, but I believe it's very much a case of 'use it or lose it'.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Thank you DJ360 , Mary and CT for good wishes. Jonab I'm a great believer in lavender. Mostly in essential oil form. It does really work.

Been trying to lose weight. Basically keeping 'white carbs' such as bread, pasta rice and spuds to a minimum.  Some things I use as replacements include Celeriac, Butternut Squash, White Turnips etc. If I have spuds or chips it's much less than before.  2-3 chips, couple of small bits of spud etc.  Also trying to do weights, or a long walk, or a power walk, or a swim, on successive days.

Started a couple of weeks ago at 14st 5lb.  Have been hovering around 14st for a week or so, with odd dips to 13St 13 3/4lb followed by rises to 14St 1.lb.

Today I'm a clear 13 St 13.lb.  I'd say that points to a definite downward trend.  Hooray!!  Only 2 St 13 lb to go... ;)

• Like 5

ooI've just had an e-mail telling me the bank has declined the direct debit for my TV licence. It's a scam but I have to say it's one of the best I've seen. Tracing it back , it bounces all round the world and originates in Uttar Pradesh India. Most of us are aware a 'you are due a refund' mail is a scam but this is a new approach and very believable.

On day 4 of being a non-smoker. Still getting cravings, especially after a meal, using my vape thingy but only occasionally as don’t want to end up stopping one habit for another. I have seen some who are puffing in them continually, don’t want to have to give up cigarettes and then have to give up vaping as well. I was in the front garden and someone walked down the road smoking, I could smell it from a distance away. Ignored the urge to wrestle them to the ground and get the ciggie! Been told after 2 weeks the cravings get less and less, seems like an age away. 

• Like 1

Take it from me, you'll get cravings for many years!!! They do wear off after a few seconds or so and the craving dies after  many years. It's much easier to resist the cravings after several years, helps if nobody else smokes in the house too.

My ex smoked, and it would have been easier for me to give into the cravings, BUT, I said I'd quit for life.

Only thing now is tobacco smoke makes it hard to breathe, I cannot stand being around it, like an asthma attack and I don't suffer from asthma.

46 minutes ago, Stavertongirl said:

. I was in the front garden and someone walked down the road smoking, I could smell it from a distance away. Ignored the urge to wrestle them to the ground and get the ciggie! Been told after 2 weeks the cravings get less and less, seems like an age away. 

Should have given me a shout ''staverton girl'' i'd have wrestled him,,   could still bleddy kill for one..........lol

• Upvote 1
10 hours ago, LizzieM said:

Well done DJ, can you start bottling it and sending it over to me please.  I'm a stone too light and try as I will I just cannot gain any weight.  

Oh dear Lizzie...  You looked fine to me last time I saw you.  But seriously, if you need to gain weight.. have you tried those protein powders wot the body builders use? Not exactly 'Haute Cuisine'.. but I think they do the job.

LizzieM  my wife has the same problem with weight, due to other health problems she regularly gets called to the doctors to receive her lecture from the GP and nurse to put on weight. They don't believe what she eats chocolate, cream cakes biscuits etc but no weight again. After the evening meal all you can hear is the rustle of wrappings being taking off treats. We have a draw that has always been called Grans doddoo draw by the grandkids since they were babies , now they are in their teens and early 20s and still go to the draw and laugh as its always has a plentiful supply in there. Don't worry about your weight, you look fine, if you were like the majority of us we only have to look at the food and the weight goes on.

• Like 1

Until I hit my late 40s, I was exactly the same, Trogg. In fact, if I ate a lot of high calorie foods, I lost weight! I've never had a large appetite and come from a family of very slim, wiry people. My mum loved chocolate and would often eat treats after her meal but never weighed more than 7 stone or slightly over. My father never weighed more than 9.

I was between sizes 6 and 8 all my adult life until in my late 40s, then it all changed. I'm now a size 12 but feel, for me, overweight. It's probably due to my underactive thyroid which has slowed down my metabolism and caused my cholesterol to rise, even though I eat healthily. I cannot lose weight. I only wish I could. I hate it!

• Like 1

Jill size 12 just think of the millions of people who would love to be that size, myself I want to lose weight but with being banned from the kitchen and the wife preferring food that tends to be high in calories, no chance.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Wish I could put on weight, I lost 2 stone with this thyroid thing that has flared up. All my clothes hang on me but I am loath to buy anything new in case I start putting weight back in when I get medication sorted out. I never was fat but hate how I look at moment, just skin and bone.

Stav Girl, I lost loads of weight a couple of years ago through illness and surgery, then I needed another op and the surgeon told me I MUST put weight on beforehand.  I ate marshmallows and Jelly Babies by the ton every day for weeks, they did help a little with weight gain at the time, but then after the second op my weight dropped off again,  however now I am trying to eat a more balanced diet with plenty of exercise. I’ve never had a massive appetite though. 

• Like 2