How's your day?

Will try the spray, don’t want to end up with a vaping habit instead of a cigarette habit. Thanks for all your support, will battle on. I have noticed the house smells better now, but have noticed some of my coats smell, can’t believe I smelt like that. Sorted out with PIV unit, it will be fitted in 2 weeks, got a money back guarantee if it doesn’t work. No smoking for 4 months will cover the cost with some left over to treat myself.

• Like 1
  • Replies 18.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

I never smoked very much (despite there being a picture on here showing me smoking) but what I found to be a great help in stopping was to collect the contents of ashtrays in a large (shop-type) sweet jar and keep it in a prominent position at home so that any time I was tempted, I could look at the jar and remind myself of the disgusting nature of the habit. If that didn't work (when having a particularly strong craving) I would take the lid of the jar and have a deep sniff.

I don't know if it was that which actually worked in stopping my smoking, but something did and I have no desire whatever to have a fag now.

I stopped in 1983.

• Like 1

SG.  I can't exlain this easily, and I don't want to sound smug, but once I really made my mind up to stop smoking that was it and I got very few cravings, especially after a couple of days.  That was ten years ago, after smoking cigs, roll ups cigars, a pipe and the odd spliff for 40+ years.  And before I made my mind up, I'd had numerous failed attempts using nicotine substitutes, gum, etc.  I once went for five years and then started again.  Stupid of me.

I walked past a 'doorway smoker' yesterday on my way into a Liverpool pub.  I'll admit the smell was still pleasant to me, but I had no desire to join him.  Forgot about it till I read this thread.

Most of the people I know who 'just gave up' seem to have been the same.  Most of it is in your head. If you can find that state of mind, willpower isn't needed.

I would recommend the Allen Carr books.  They really do help you to see the whole thing for what it is.

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=stop+smoking+books+amazon&t=ffnt&ia=products

Good luck!

Col

• Like 2

Funny you just said that Col,,I'm in city hospital waiting for treatment,, and at the door as i entered were two older ladies,,both having a good "chuff" cant speak proper but stood between them taking in the aroma,,still managed a laugh with em,,with my Beeper,, think they were from Bulwell,, expecially when one told me to,,,,,,, off, with a smile,,  lol

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Back from Wales...... Bleddy brilliant englandflag

I meant being back in Blighty is bleddy brilliant, not wet, windy Wales and sickly, incoherent demanding relatives !

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

We had 3 weeks in Wales this past summer. Knowing the country's reputation for wet and  windy, we took raingear, umbrella and warm clothing. Never used any of it.We had the most wonderful weather imaginable. What a fluke. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Main memory of Wales dates back to the fitfties.  Near where we stayed was a large field with a horse in it.

Thinking we were  going to feed him he wandered over to the gate.  I don't know what he'd been eating but he had the worst case of the wind I've ever seen.  Talk about musical.  It was hilarious to a ten year old boy.

Hope he survived it.  Lol.

• Like 1

South Wales around Swansea and Cardiff often seems to get the warmest dryest weather in Summer.  I suspect it may be because there are no mountains to the south west to lift clouds and cause rain, and the mountains to the north and west will form a 'rain shadow', much like the one which Nottm enjoys from being east of the Pennines.... or summat...:blink:

26 minutes ago, loppylugs said:

Near where we stayed was a large field with a horse in it.

That narrows it down a bit Loppy...  ;)

Sorry.. couldn't resist..

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Relief..been sat at home last 2 hours worrying,, Wife took my lovely old Cat Lilly'' to the Vets,,,she is 15 and beautiful,,but last year or so has gone all skinny,,thought it was her end.........but she's had an injection and a trim and Vet reckons she's ok for a bit longer.........wife said she bit the Vet and was ''swearing'' all thru her trim,,thats one of the things i love about her,,she's always been Nasty.

You may be wondering why i didn't go with them ?  truth is i'm a Pussy mesen and couldn't put myself thru it,,thought they would put her down,,and just couldn't face it,,

I'm hard really ya know...........lol

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

I'm so pleased Lily is sorted. Good for her, biting the vet! Got to get your money's worth, haven't you? Especially when they've stuck the thermometer where the sun don't shine.

I love character cats. We have a ginger one, Molly Whack It...if it moves, she whacks it! She hates me, even though I've saved her life twice. She lives with my partner and even he's wary of her but, as she's aged, she's become more approachable...like many of us.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2