• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

You little beggar, Benjamin! You never said!

Rumour has it that all his exes have sent him a birthday card and there's none left in the whole of the east Midlands!

A big hug from me, Ben. Liberty bodice wearers live to a ripe old age!

• Like 3

Pleased you've enjoyed your birthday, Ben.  I think everyone loves you...

It's my birthday on Friday and one of our sons asked what I wanted for a present so I spent half an hour last night racking my brains... could only come up with a new eyebrow pencil, a couple of new sandwich cake tins and chocolates.   I really don't need anything else!   His wife usually makes a birthday cake and we'll be going round there for supper anyway, then playing games with the kids.   I just love the simple things in life..

• Like 4
  • Upvote 3
57 minutes ago, benjamin1945 said:

Today is my birthday and its been great,

You've missed an excuse for a daytime meet-up.  You could've had a mass breakfast at Wetherspoons. Belated congratulations anyway.

• Like 1

Glad you've had a great day Ben, and hopefully many more to come.

• Like 1

Bit late Ben but glad you had a lovely birthday.  

We've just got home from a lovely afternoon/evening celebrating the 88th birthday of a great friend of ours.  There were 16 of us around a table at The Bay Tree in Melbourne. Fantastic food, really recommend the place, we’ve eaten there many times before and it’s always been excellent. 

The friend who is now 88 is in great shape in mind and body, just hope I will be as fit when and if I reach that ‘two fat ladies’ age. 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Happy Birthday Ben!!

Funny old day here.  Not been out at all except into the garage to get my electrical 'multimeter'.. on which more later.  It is pretty obvious that at least one mouse has taken up residence in the garage.  Not much I can do to stop them getting in and they don't get any further these days.  Time was when they could get into the main house via the garage but I put a stop to that. I'll set a couple of traps tomorrow.  Can't have the little buggers thinking they own the place.

Multimeter needed to check out a couple of things on my beloved hi-fi amplifier.  Sadly it has gone faulty.  I've been buying quality UK built audio kit for 30 years and this is the first time anything has ever developed a fault.  It's as if the volume control is no longer working. so any music is LOUD even with the volume control right down.  Also one channel down completely.  This is very odd, and very surprising.  This amplifier is hand built in England by a very highly respected company called LFD.  It cost me over £3k.  However.. apart from the inconvenience I'm not worried.  Most British hi-fi companies will fix anything they made and there is often a minimum 5 year warranty.  It just so happens I'll be in Warrington tomorrow for a medical and I'll be close to the hi fi dealer, so I can drop the amp in for them to have a look.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR84uH5GDL4aUgBJGGKKfe

Youngest has just gone to Istanbul for the week. Working. She's just arrived there.  Not much warmer than here..

Col

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Cliff Ton said:

You've missed an excuse for a daytime meet-up.  You could've had a mass breakfast at Wetherspoons. Belated congratulations anyway.

No snap on at Bulwell 'spoons due to a water leak affecting the fuse box in the kitchen, went in on Saturday & says no food until further notice.

Happy Birthday Ben BTW/

• Like 1

Thanks for that Catfan i was just thinking about..going in.................might try Hucknall for a change...............

And thanks for everyones birthday greetings...............

• Like 1

Took a chance still went Bulwell,,,,,,,,,did't fancy Hucknall just not the same,.......anyway food was being served it was just Saturday they had the problem.............

• Like 1

Wonderful, had a good walk this morning, and then pottering in the garden. Cleared muck from the stream, ice melting in the pond, and tried the pump for the first time in a couple of weeks. Brilliant, nothing frozen. and the birds are pleased to see the stream flowing again.

Spring must surely be on its way, as I've had magpies snapping tiny twigs off a couple of trees in order to construct their nests. 

Currently sitting in the sun on the patio, with the chiminea blazing away merrily. It doesn't get much better than this !

• Like 1

I got up early this morning for a Doc's appointment than I had an appointment for another medical issue in Warrington.. close to the hi fi dealers.. so it was all making sense.  The I realised that both appntments were tomorrow.... Doh!

Still took my amplifier to the dealers though..  Their diagnosis is a failed selector switch but they're sending it back to Dr Bews who built it.  He'll sort it out.  Meanwhile, they've loaned me the next amp up in the range...  They know I'm interested in it so they'll probably encourage me to buy it.  It sounds amazing, but it's about £5k.  In the words of somebody or other.  'Sod that for a game of soldiers..'  I can't justify spending that.

Otherwise.. all pretty boring here.  Still at least it's warmer.  :)

Col

Col, I know, the dealer knows and so do you that the seed is planted. The liitle imp sitting on your shoilder is whispering "go on, you know you want it"

I think I'll nip down BetFreds and see what odds they're offering....;)

• Like 2

Ha!! It does go deeper and it has more 'heft' and it throws a bigger soundstage and it's more transparent . and.. and...:(

But I keep trying to convince myself that it can get a bit 'shouty' with my speakers.  I'm trying to hold that thought...

But then I've had those speakers for a very long time.... :rolleyes:....

• Like 1

Didnt ,feel like doing much yesterday but woke up with wanting to do everything. First , the other day sorting out the freezer noticed I had a lot of bolognese sauce so decided to make some pasta al forno this morning. Then I had 2 kg of lamb so made up marinade for a tagine, and left it til tomorrow to cook, made some biscuits with some very fine polenta ( they ARE nice )and then to remember my aunt I made some nutty flip. Just waiting for last of biscuits to finish cooking then I'll eat my lunch.

Its a pleasure to see the sun today after about 10 days of snow then fog and rain, temperatures well below freezing. Its the extreme now the temperature has shot up suddenly , I'm not complaining but its no wonder theres so much flu, colds and sore throats around. 

Sorry Ben missed your birthday ( havent been online lately) but hope it went well  with many more to come.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, DJ360 said:

Ha!! It does go deeper and it has more 'heft' and it throws a bigger soundstage and it's more transparent . and.. and...:(

But I keep trying to convince myself that it can get a bit 'shouty' with my speakers.  I'm trying to hold that thought...

But then I've had those speakers for a very long time.... :rolleyes:....

At my stage of life, Col I probably couldn't hear the difference anyway.  :(

I remember a line from an old Flanders and Swan album called 'a song of reproduction.'  It went something like.   "It's like having a philharmonic orchestra playing in your living room.       But who wants a philharmonic orchestra playing in their living room?" 

• Like 2