• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

Awe Phil ! That's unfortunate.

• Like 2
37 minutes ago, philmayfield said:

That reminds me. My line got caught round the propellor of the fishing boat on Loch Awe. Must order a new one!

Phil take a look at Barrio fly lines on line. Can't get them in shops. Absolutely top quality at half the price of the big names. No advertising or fancy packaging costs. Prices range £26/36 inc 24 hr delivery.

1 hour ago, PeverilPeril said:

"have you caught any"? usual reply - "just a couple of dogs" :rolleyes:

One day, back in the dark days of the early 1970s, I was fishing on the shore at Canvey Island; yes I know....What the f*** were you doing fishing there! :) Anyway, I was winding my line in to check my bait and a silly little Yorkshire terrier ran and grabbed the hook and fish bait.  It then tried to run off with it and impaled itself on the hook.  IT then started charing around the shore tying itself in knowts with my line. The owner, who didn't have the sense to keep the thing on a lead in the presence of fishing people, shouted and swore at me for  "Mutilating her little pet"! 

• Like 1

Hola Amigos, arrived here sunday night, def not shorts weather yet, wifes forgot her glasses, so will probably fall in the pool anytime, just hope theres someone who can swim at hand or I'll be coming home alone, 

Got to go its happy hour, hasta manyana amigos, 

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, benjamin1945 said:

Hola Amigos, arrived here sunday night, def not shorts weather yet, wifes forgot her glasses, so will probably fall in the pool anytime, just hope theres someone who can swim at hand or I'll be coming home alone, 

Got to go its happy hour, hasta manyana amigos, 

No habla Espaniol. Or whatever.  :biggrin:

I only speak Doghese! 

• Like 1

That's not bad for a Bestwoodian / Bulwellian Ben !

• Like 1
8 hours ago, AfferGorritt said:

I’d seen references to Chulla’s robes before, but it only struck me today what they meant! He really is a dead ringer isn’t he. 

He certainly is! Our very own saffron-robed sage! Of course, he likes the scantily clad ladies and the old Tibetan tipple but then he's only human and has a few more incarnations to endure before he attains nirvana! 

• Like 1
20 hours ago, philmayfield said:

The easiest fishing is for mackerel off the pier in Tarbert.

There's a 'load of pollocks' off these rocks (North coast of Caithness) :rolleyes:  Just a short cast with a shiny lure is all you need for a bag full of fry-up sized fish or sometimes a five pounder.

36763629162_94eb7e7f90_b.jpg

36764055822_2325eb7870_c.jpg

• Like 2

Don't want to worry you, but there's been loads of aircraft passing over our village today, presumably towards the East Anglia airbases.    Seems like we're getting ready for something...

Our boys have, just this week, finished a big contract on the runway at RAF Marham which is the operating base for the new stealth fighter jets.   Makes you think ......

• Upvote 1

617 squadron (Dambusters) F35, built by the Americans to replace the ageing Tornado that was built by European consortium

Rog

We regularly have 2 spitfires pass low over here. If you dont see them from a distance they frighten the life out of you they are so low and loud.

Nothing to worry about though as when they are "out and about"  one of them says hello to his mum who lives nearby.

After two beautiful days of temperatures  about 21 c its raining AGAIN  and 8 c then we've got a FEW  days of cold then it SHOULD start the spring !!!

mmmmmmm I wonder

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Was out for a walk up the hill yesterday and spotted this.  Not a great pic I'm afraid.  It is a fungus called 'Scarlet Elf Cup', (Sarcoscypha Coccinea)  Though most common in Autumn, it apparently appears occasionally in Spring, though it's the first time I've seen it at this time.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/W9l6AUZuuvOpPwEk2

Col

• Like 2

We h ave F35's come over us every day, Luke AFB is nearby, the training school for these jets (previously F16's) Air Forces from all over the world send their pilots here to be trained. If you buy a house in this area and you come from another state etc, the estate agent has to declare the jet noise to prospective buyers. Doesn't seem to put folks off. Personally, I look up every time they go over, I love 'em. 

• Like 2
7 hours ago, plantfit said:

617 squadron (Dambusters) F35, built by the Americans to replace the ageing Tornado that was built by European consortium

Rog

I believe one version  (Short take off vertical landing) is also supposed to be a replacement for the Hawker Harrier VTOL machine, though it seems a poor and very expensive substitute to me.

Think there might be a version of F35 to be based on the new generation aircraft carriers for the Royal Navy

Rog

Hola amigos, Had a great day today and the last 4, a swedish football team staying at hotel, FK beskas  talking to em they are a Swedish div two team,nice bunch,once i told them from Nottingham, they didnt stop talking about forest,and in spite of their tender years Brian Clough,

Weather been Crap, but seen lots of old friends who make me jealous cos they here throughout the winter,

Must go several ladies calling me to dance,  lol

• Like 8
  • Upvote 1