How's your day?

img-1588067204221.jpg

Work in progress. Don't  half make yer arms ache. Bloody great thing! I'll  kill my sister in law, (when I've finished).

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

Hi Margie, thanks for your comment. A vicar once said to me, many years ago, " it's not talent, it is a gift. Knowing how to utilise that gift takes talent".

The usual bit of indoor rowing, shower, breakfast and then "Your first job today is on the toilet seat" said Mrs PP. I just had to laugh and asked her to rephrase that :rolleyes:

She bought a posh toilet seat about a year ago and it is crap. Looks nice but the fittings are really cheapo and have broken. So I took it into the workshop and did an engineering job on it - it is now solid and is guaranteed to withstand a gorilla on steroids with his arse on fire.

• Upvote 2

Today I is mostly hanging my head in shame. The cooker failed and using my skills, knowledge and experience decided it needed a new element. The damn thing has three but only one is visible. Of course reading the manual is against a proper chaps religion and I assumed there was only one as that was all I could see.

By now you will have realised I ordered the wrong element. Hey ho, after reading said manual found the faulty element behind a panel. To make sure  decided to take it out, test to prove I had found the fault, and order a new one.

Top Tip:

DO NOT EVER TOUCH THE CONNECTORS WITHOUT ISOLATING !!!

What a tw*t!! all my years of messing with electrics and I forget the most sacred rule - prove dead before touching a cable.

Fortunately the RCD tripped as it should and all I got was a jolt and a red face. Herself gave me the biggest  bo****ing ever in all our years together. Her language was quite inventive and colourful to say the least, a sailor would have been proud.    yada

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

Well done Brew! Keep up the good work. You have to maintain the good name of all Male kingdom. Us muppets  should stick together. :wacko:

• Like 2

Just drove for first time in 5 weeks,,only one junction of M1,,,Had good reason,,,very strange,, Motorway like 30 years ago and on roads leading to it just seemed surreal,,,like being in a strange movie,,,and everyone seemed to be staring at me,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

The toilet seat has proven to be bum proof. I had intended using the old seat and lid as the door for the chicken coop but decided that the opening mechanism would have been to complicated. The chicks are a week old now so another month before I can collect them. They are Green Legged Peasants - a Polish breed reputed to work longer and harder than native breeds :happy:

On 4/28/2020 at 4:43 PM, Brew said:

prove dead before touching a cable.

Or 'end up dead after touching a cable.'

I'm shocked Jim.. but not as much as you.... ;)

• Like 1

Meanwhile..

My day is just winding down from doing very little to doing bugger all. I've been a bit below par with an ear problem.. but I'll survive.  In the background I'm listening to a Smokey Robinson Hyde Park Concert from... I think 2014 on BBC4.

Even with someone of his stature it's easy to forget how many great songs he has written.. not just for himself and the Miracles. but for practically every Motown artist in the book.

Mrs Col said she thought his voice wasn't quite as good...  He's been recording since the late 1950s and is now 80 years old... I think he's entitled...

I tend to like most artists' early stuff best. but Smokey caught me with this one in the 1980s when I was drowning in 'synth based' pop pap.

No.2 daughter came over today with some nice Veggies.  Lovely to see her.. even from a 'safe' distance.  I gave her some plants. Echinacea, Aquilegia, Penstemon and others.

I was trying to source compost last night on Amazon.  Prices are through the roof at typically the same price for 10 litres that you'd normally pay for 60 or 70 litres.  Sod that as they say.  Eventually discovered that two local garden centres are now back into delivery. Fair prices plus 5 or 6 quid for delivery.  I'll have some of that. Good for all concerned.

Meanwhile. on the 'hi-fi' front.. I had a rather strange argument with myself.  My Innuos Server which now carries all my digital music in one convenient and easily accessed place.. comes with its own built in power supply and DAC.  I've already found that my own 'external' DAC works better.. and so it should as it cost much more than the whole server..  Next up.. I've been wondering whether the 'optional' add on 'Linear Power Supply' for the server really would make much difference  sound quality wise..  I was pretty sure it would. but couldn't get to hear one. Then someone on a hi-f site confirmed that the improvement was 'immediate and significant' in his opinion.

This is where it gets strange..  I thought.. "Well it's a few hundred quid and what if I got Coronavirus and it killed me?  Wouldn't that be such a waste of money?"

That's when I told myself .. " You can't be ruled by fear Col!!"  "Buy the thing and enjoy it!!"

Well.. that's my excuse when Mrs Col asks..... :rolleyes:

• Like 1

It never ceases to surprise me the way we come up with obscure reasons to persuade ourselves buying something is a good idea... As a leading exponent of really weird excuses for stuff I've bought, Col I salute you...    :bravo:

• Like 1

You know talent when you see it Brew!

(Except in Hairdressing.. obviously)

• Like 1
5 hours ago, DJ360 said:

You know talent when you see it Brew!

(Except in Hairdressing.. obviously)

you won't let it go to bed will you. I wish I was as clever as you. 

DHHHH!

4 hours ago, mary1947 said:

you won't let it go to bed will you. I wish I was as clever as you. 

Mary. Please lighten up.  My comment was to Brew, and concerned the way he ( jokingly ) 'dissed' my efforts at cutting my own hair.  It was not in any way aimed at you.

Just because you were a Hairdresser does not mean that every use of the word is aimed at you.

Today I'm going to check the tyres on the cars and then take each for a little spin to clean up the brake discs and boost the batteries.  I ordered a new battery charger last night because the last one died some years ago. This lock down is thrilling.  :)

In other news.. on Facebook.. my son in law posted this brilliant quote from my ten year old Grandson...

"It's not up to us whether we can go out.. It's up to Boris Johnson.. And he's not that smart.."

:laugh:

• Like 1
6 hours ago, DJ360 said:

Today I'm going to check the tyres on the cars and then take each for a little spin to clean up the brake discs and boost the batteries. 

I've taken mine for a run of 6-7 miles on a few occasions since everything came to a stop. Mainly a straight line on dual carriage way, to give the battery a kick, get the engine up to working temperature, and lubricate the moving bits.

In the last 6 weeks I've driven less than 50 miles; the least amount of driving I've done in over 40 years.

• Like 2

Someone said their car  is doing 3 weeks to the gallon. I take one out once a week and go 'the long way round' to the supermarket for just the same reasons, boost the batteries clear brakes etc. I just wish I could get them washed..