How's your day?

For the last 4 days, or is it 5 and for the next few days , my daughter and I are making gingerbread  houses. So far we've made 18 largish ones, 8 small ones and 13 tiny cup ones. My house smells of ginger bread and is so christmassey. Haven't got much time for anything else. 5 are finished apart from the last touches of shimmer. We've been panicking in case the decorations we ordered didn't arrive in time but the last ones arrived yesterday. So when they are finally finished they will be given to their future owners. 

• Like 2
  • Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

Yesterday (Tuesday_) was a bit busy..

Our neighbourhood WhatsApp group has decided that we will have a 'Mass Christmas Lights Switch On'' tomorrow at 5:30.  That is much earlier than I usually put the lights on. I usually go for about 5 or 6 days prior to Christmas.  But.. the only two young kids in the street are doing the count down.. so I can't let them down.  They are a bit out of time really.. most of us moved in at the same time and had kids who played together but are now grown up.  Those two are basically alone.  No friends of the same age in the street.

I feel for them.

So.. I put lights up and..... since I also put lights inside the windows.. had to clean windows inside and out too. 

We don't presently have a window cleaner.. I sacked the last one.  Windows were worse after he'd been..

I'm levelling paving slabs on the 'patio' tomorrow.

Life is just so rich and fulfilling....:laugh:

• Like 1
18 hours ago, nonnaB said:

my daughter and I are making gingerbread  houses.

A snack food company in Adelaide claimed it was the states largest builder as it made hundreds of gingerbread houses at Christmas.

Here is an Aussie Bush Shack complete with kangaroo, koala and cockatoo (photo from SBS)

Gingerbread bush shack recipe | Gingerbread house template | SBS Food

• Like 1

Lovely Oz .Very characteristic it doesn't have to be elaborate to be effective . It tells you what it is.Unfortunately here we have only cows, foxes, hares, cats and dogs and vineyards. A bit difficult to incorporate.  I was going to post some of ours but I have to wait until they appear on my laptop (Mac) take photos with my phone (galaxy) and its a bit complicated to transfer them to laptop unless I send them to myself and they go into images.There must be an easier way but I cant find one. Just going through them again. This morning I put the roofs on 2 and put together another 2 ready for decorating. II turned round and must have touched one of them and it collapsed. Soon got it together again though.

Is that the view from your gates  Nonna? If that's  the case I  will have to repaint the my little planter.

no BK its the road in and out of the village. This is the old part , we are right out in the "sticks". Will post a view from the gates this morning.

3 hours ago, nonnaB said:

And now the baby ones

Looks like a village! Great stuff nonnaB and the grandchildren

3 hours ago, nonnaB said:

Our village at night 

A picture postcard photo, but how dumb am I looking at it and wondering why it is snowing, of course it is winter there.

Lovely pics Nonna. You have an eye for composition.  The shot with the sheep reminded me of  an Italian chap I worked with 40 years ago. He always liked bright frosty weather and said it reminded him of autumn in the mountains in Italy.

• Like 1

As for my day today. I'm struggliing with a recurrent ear problem. Makes me a bit dizzy, gives me slight earache, slight headache, slight visual issues and slight nausea. So.. overall not serious.. no temperature or fever etc.. But it is a right royal PITA and can make me feel pretty deathly.. so I've got a telephone consult booked with the Doc for next week.

On a brighter note, our mass Christmas lights switch on went well. Almost all of the street was out and young Sam and Daisy did a fab countdown.  We even attracted a few folks from neighbouring streets!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
8 hours ago, annswabey said:

Lovely to see where you live, Nonna and I must say you're a wizard with the piping bag! The houses are beautiful

I agree.  The trouble is that they look too good to eat!

• Like 2

DJ thanks but the photo isnt mine . Someone in the village put loads of photos on FB of the village in various stages of the year and some of the festivities for us to remember what we missed this year. A lovely thought and it brightened many people up im sure.

Good morning, just got up and what do I see? Snowing again, worse than yesterday.

Yesterday we had a lovely surprise, the Lord Mayor of the village where my husband was born sent us 3 boxes of locally produced tomato based products. 

Snowing here in the fens as well - about an inch overnight and still snowing.  One of our cats has been a bit poorly for a few days, didn’t eat at all yesterday and hasn’t come home this morning.... he’s 12.  Doesn’t sound like good news does it