How's your day?

Falling in Love again''..........cliff,,............why coud'nt i ,why should'nt i,,,fall in love again........:rolleyes:  Choir please.........

• Like 1
  • Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

How about. ' I'm in the mood for love'. Don't know who wrote it but it sounds like our Ben.  :biggrin:

Mine's . 'How much is that Doggy in the Window'. Of course I like Hound Dog as well.  :rolleyes:

• Like 3

Nine pairs of socks £5,,,from 'Huggables''' in main st Bulwell,,good quality british made,,Bargain,,.....Market not very busy this morning,,but walking round it got lots of 'ey-ups as usual,,couple of old mates from my football days,, who both told the wife i was crap''......lol......also 2 old school friends,,just love Bulwell...........

• Like 2

I tried to answer you on that Angela Jones song, Ben.  That thread will not play nice with my IPad.  Probably too many pictures on it or something.  Anyway, I remember the song, but I don't remember any more of it than you do.  Must have been really memorable!  I didn't want to cheat by googling it.   Now if you'd tried something like 'I'm  'enery the eighth I am'. I could probably help out.  :biggrin:

• Like 1

Well .....dont know if you remember me saying ( probably not) a while ago that outside my kitchen window practically every morning there was a consideral amount of mouse droppings. Where they lay didnt add up as the overhang of the roof was way over where they were. We put traps and glue down ( i know its cruel but we had to do something) we didnt find any other trace of them . We asked a builder to go up into the roof.....nothing but cobwebs. Then they disappeared ....until the other day. Seeing that the painter and decorater was coming I cleaned the droppings up and he put the plastic sheets everywhere. He taped around the windows and took the shutters down and one of them gave him such a fright, there were about 8 bats all hanging from the back of the shutter. Some flew away while the others lay lifeless on the ground until i moved them with a brush and then they flew away. The day after a couple of them came back. One of them clung to one of the shutters that were still left outside. I took a photo of it just in time before it flew away.

Today as I was going to get some plants to put outside a couple of roe deer passed in front of my car. This is quite common around here but its still beautiful to see them.

Last week  I bought a Kumquat tree and a Lemon tree to put out side the front door. Its been so hot lately and with the painters being here I forgot to water the Lemon until I saw how shrivelled it looked. Brought it inside gave it a good watering and all the leaves dropped off. Left it on the kitchen window sill and now its got 15 buds about to flower. Phew thank goodness. I have repotted it and given it some fertiliser and put it outside again. Wish me luck with it.

• Like 4

Sad isn't it, but it did have a lemon. I added it to my salad dressing.smile2

If you can see there are about 14/15 lemons growing hope they don't drop off.:(

Before my visit to QMC...........Had breakfast in Wethers as usual.......great bunch of ladies aged between 30 and 70,  12 of em all going to Benidorm for 5 nights.........had great banter with em as they downed their Lagers and Vodka's,,,this was 10am and their flight was'nt while 4pm,,all dressed in Benidorm tea shirts and Pink Bunny ears........glad i won't be on their Plane........lol

American professor has found that men don't ignore their wives when they talk and talk about nothing they are suffering from SCT. Will try and find article again.

We don't need to, after some years our autoresponder kicks in and we nod, smile and grunt in all the right places....     :shout:

• Like 1

Arrived home from France at one this morning. Now have to unload the car and trailer. Trailer contains 3 oak barrels garden tools and 10 gall of cidre + all sorts of kit. Car contains bureau, ironing board, tools. pot and pans and loads of cloths and bedding. Also two belly boards stitched together and tied to the back window - which had exploded the day before packing up :Shock:

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

That made me smile Ian reminded me so much of my time in Ireland, when we went to refurb an old country house that a mate was turning into an hotel. He had spent a lot of time at sales buying furnishings in the country and they all needed transporting over there.

We hired a furniture van filled it to the gunnels and of we went. On the first trip we stopped at the boarder post between Londonderry and Letterkenny one night and the man had us back in the shed and lift the roller shutter to inspect the load. Just like you I thought he would have an heart attack when he saw it was filled from floor to ceiling, just like you he shook his head and waved us through, though he did make arrangements for us to be met at the house by a customs officer for the next three loads.

Turns out he was a bird watcher and as we were at the side of lough Swilly he bought his bino's a camping table and a chair, spent all his time twitching and drinking tea.smile2

Did I tell you about the time I got arrested for rape whilst over there........

• Like 1

Sitting outside my house very bored as i am locked out and waiting for someone to come home and let me in........on the upside i logged onto NS and have spent the last hour hour reading the giggle pages from the first post. Lots of good ones but a special thank you to Compo, just as well not many people pass they may have thought i was "under the influence". 

• Like 1

Know how you feel Gem its happened to me too. But we've just had our doors and windows changed and I'm terrified of it happening again. The door hasn't a latch or knob or handle that we can use. (security) We have to keep a key with us at all times if we go out and close the door. At the moment the weather is very warm so we lodge it open and keep the other doors closed. We are in the middle of nowhere almost so the door being open is no problem and with 4 dogs no fear of anyone creeping in through the gate and across the courtyard.

• Like 2