• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

I see that its your Birthday CF   

"Belated Brithday Wishers"

ps still waiting for my invite to your party.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, carni said:

Happy Belated Birthday Catfan. I bet Mrs Catfan did her best to spoil you Miduck.x:biggrin:

She certainly did Carni. Like she always does !

It's the training y'know !.

• Like 1

Bulwell lasses take some beating.......they rule the 'Roost' at home as well...........my Bulwell mother and all her sisters were the Boss of their households......and me Grandma''

Courted many Bulwell Gels...but never came close to Marrying one..........they took no Prisoners...bless em...:ohmy:

And now, a slight deviation.

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed the amount of commentators we've got out in Tokyo. It would appear to be 2 or 3  different ones at every event, and that's not including the pundits back in the studio, who dissect and have a post mortem each time. It seems to me that we've got as many commentators as we have competitors. Just been watching a bit of gymnastics, watching the parallel bars and there's four commentators, including Matt Baker, the Countryfile bloke, (didn't know he was an expert on gymnastics). Who pays for 'em all,that's wot I'd like to know?

Yours, Disgruntled of Tunbridge Wells.

Jobs for the boys and girls and anyone who can muscle in to get into the act. Far too much mouth from so many for so few competitors.

Who's the (BBC) male commentator who screams down the microphone. Totally unnecessary.  

Not disputing that Matt is a fit bloke, just using him as an example.

There just seems to be a whole army of folks on jollies, all spouting off the same stuff while they're on the gravy train. It were the same during Euro 2020 football, loads of talkers and a Jury of coroners back in the studio, analysing the aftermatch. 

The BBC WOKE fest. Too many unqualified "experts" but the numbers need to be increased for the sake of PC. 

Experience doesn't count anymore it's just making the face fit.

Catfan, please can explain to me what is meant by WOKE? And I don’t mean what time you get out of bed. I'm afraid I don't understand when folks refer to Luvvies,  lefties and Box tickers !

Am I getting old?

• Like 1

Definition for Beekay:

The Merriam-Webster dictionary defined "woke" as meaning a state of being "aware of and actively attentive to important facts and issues (especially issues of racial and social justice)."

Which is what I said earlier...kitties of all colours, genders, ages and abilities, drawing attention of their human to important issues....MY DISH IS EMPTY! IT IS YOUR SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY AND OBLIGATION TO GET OUT OF YOUR NICE WARM BED AND FEED ME. NOT TO DO SO IS UNJUST AND MORALLY WRONG!    :P

• Like 1

Broadly speaking, all people should be treated fairly regardless of their race, religion, colour of skin, gender, ability or anything else which seems to put people into various categories.

Sometimes this may be difficult to do especially if you have been brought up in a society where people who look, act or speak differently from you  are not treated fairly.

Being WOKE means that you are - or have become - aware that all people SHOULD be treated fairly, and you  want to be part of this change in attitude and outlook.

I am WOKE ….

As I see it. The UK is 10% BAME but the BBC demand much more than 10% BAME faces on TV etc. 

Portion & top jobs should be down to the best person qualified for the job NOT skin colour which decides.