• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• DJ360

• philmayfield

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

IMG-3924.jpgThe jacuzzi says everyone should live a life with a sea view.

• Like 2

https://postimg.cc/gallery3wNYRM3

Just part of the family eating lunch at 4.30pm. We were late because of the slowness of carhire firm, so the others had eaten.

The other two pics are the views from the apartment we stayed in.

We should have gone to the village of Valledolmo but covid stopped that. A friend of Alexs cousin lent us this apartment. Thought that was a beautiful gesture. So peaceful on the waters edge.

• Like 1

Looks fabulous Nonna, so pleased you had a catch-up with family and a change of scenery.

We’ve been by the sea in Dorset for the past 18 days and it’s been great.  
Got back this evening but we hadn’t planned staying down there this long, we packed the car up on Saturday and got a couple of miles down the road and a warning light pinged up on the dashboard.  As we had 200 miles ahead of us we diverted to the local Audi garage where they were only doing MOTs on a Saturday.  A service engineer checked the engine and did a pressure test and said it was the thermostat causing the issue but they couldn’t fit us in until this Thursday. He commented  “the thermostat always fails on these”,  great, that’s good to know then!!  We went back to our place and then got a local garage to fix the problem this morning, a lot of money but no doubt cheaper than Audi main dealer prices.   At least the weather has been lovely for our enforced extended stay.

• Like 1

My dad went to Sicily in July 1943 in a tour group led by General Sir Bernard Montgomery

In September 1943 he toured Italy, again led by Montgomery, the tour started around Salerno.

• Like 1

Today, for some reason I have got a mega craving for a ciggie. Haven’t had a proper one for months and haven’t had a craving for a long while. My vape just isn’t hitting the spot at all today. Good job you can’t buy them singly (I can remember getting them from Jacks on staverton, they were Park Drive he used to split the packs of 5) or I might have been tempted. 
I did enjoy smoking (not very politically correct I know but then I never am) and the problem with vaping, for me, is that the vape pipe doesn’t feel like a cigarette at all. Yes I get the nicotine hit to feed my habit but it just isn’t the same somehow. Oh well will keep busy and probably raid the fridge as well, could be a chocolate day I think. Hopefully it will have passed by tomorrow.

• Like 2

Treat yerself to some Old Hoborn chewing tobacca SG. But make sure you have yer spittoon ready!  :rolleyes:

Ive been almost 3 years 'Fagless'' SG.........and still get the craving everyday 3 or 4 times..........sometimes pretend to smoke with one of the Wifes...not lit..flick it up into me gob give it a good suck and pretend to blow the smoke out.(which makes her laugh cos since my OP i cant blow)...while at the same time asking her ''If she comes here often and would you like a dance Duck''

Makes me feel better and lessens the craving....also for some reason watching 'Talking Pictures where they all smoke helps as well.........lol

I don’t see any snuff taking these days. There was an old chap in my local who used to take it and hand the box around. I could never bring myself to try as I’ve never indulged in tobacco products. He was the church organist and I saw him taking snuff during our wedding service many years ago. Not just that but eating a bar of chocolate and swigging from his hip flask. I took him a bottle of Scotch as a ‘thank you’.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, benjamin1945 said:

Makes me feel better and lessens the craving....also for some reason watching 'Talking Pictures where they all smoke helps as well.........lol

In Talking Pictures, when they all smoke (all the time) they also drink all the time. 

Does watching the telly do anything for your alcohol intake ?

Strangely enough i dont miss Alcohol......loved a drink most nights....in my time ive had periods of drinking Beer..Whisky..Rum..Gin..Vodka...in fact most concoctions...keep saying i'll try a 'Baileys' one night...but not really fussed.........

Now if i ever get back to Spain it could be a different story..............

Ben, have you considered trying Baileys with your daily coffee?

It's a little bit like an Irish coffee (but cheaper). It's quite nice.

Or try a Baileys over ice, that's lovely. As they say,"Don't knock it 'till you've tried it".

I'll be interested in your opinion.  Bottoms Up !

BK I Love a  Baileys and over the years have had it several ways...always nice with Coffee.....but only in the evening....

Have it with ''Ice'' in Spain...and usually say ''LO MISMA'' after..........

Sorry Ben, I misunderstood. I thought you meant that you'd yet to try a Baileys. I didn't realise you were an oficianado of the nectar.

My apologies sir !

Today has started well. I just read that an American politician L Gohmert (Texas republican) has come up with a solution to global warming. Hooray!!

He has suggested, quite seriously, that the American Forestry Service or the BLM (Bureau of Land Management) change either the orbit of the Earth or the moon as it would "obviously have a profound effect on our climate".

He's the same guy who swears he caught Covid because he wore a mask

And we thought Trump was barking!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Does the US actually have an education system?

I am pleased to say my ciggie craving has abated today finally. It has been a tough couple of days fighting the inclination “if I buy a pack and just have one ...“ rather like when I first went onto the vapey thingy. I was cutting the strength of the liquid down so perhaps this triggered it, have gone back to mixing 2 strengths together again and will take it from there a bit slower until I hopefully quit altogether. 
I was thinking about when I first started smoking in the 60’s, everyone seemed to smoke then or at least it seemed like it. I can remember Keith Richards on stage with the Stones smoking, it just seemed so “cool” at the time and a bit rebellious. Dread to think how much money I spent on them over the years but I did enjoy it. Just wish stopping was as easy as starting.

• Like 1

I'm now two years smoke free, still have the occasional craving, and one product that really, instantly kills the craving is the spray from the chemist. It's not pleasant and is really horrible spayed directly into the throat but against the inside of the cheek it's tolerable. The problem is it doesn't last long before you're  wall walking again and you're still ingesting nicotine into your system.

The most effective I've found were the course of tablets on prescription, try you GP.   

Good luck SG...

I got up to smoking 60 a day, (when I could afford it). Started smoking properly when I was 11yrs. Decided to stop about 1974ish.

But that was the clue, I  DECIDED to stop, not cut down. It wasn't easy at first but I'd made me mind up. No tablets, sprays and vapes hadn't been invented. Kept a couple in me pocket, just in case but was able to throw them away after a couple of months. Consider myself a smoker who doesn't touch fags.

I quit the fags 7 years ago after a heart attack. Like BK said just quit full stop & now don't even think about smoking anymore.

• Upvote 1

My husband told my son, who was always complaining about him smoking, that he would stop when he became a grandfather. Came that day when the news came and he threw the pack away,which he'd just bought and hasn't touched one since. This was when my daughter in law became pregnant 18 yrs ago.