• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

SG. Good warm home grant . Lucky you, I think we get £10 allowance sent once a year. Nice but not much use. I'm dreading our electric bill coming in as this year my daughter and I have made over 70 gingerbread houses. We've said " no more" 3 times but today people are asking for more so lets see how we feel. My daughter apart from her restaurant is producing hampers with all sorts of things , fancy biscuits, jars of savoury and sweet contents ( salted caramel) mmmmm and decorated chocolate bark. I think she'll be glad when its all over. I know I will, i havent even thought about us for Christmas. I did my preserves earlier this year so at least we will have starters and see what delights we have in the freezer. Christmas day we are with our son and his inlaws, daughter is working but closes then until middle of January, son is working New Years Eve then he closes , both for well earned rests.

• Like 3

I'm really looking forward to Christmas day when we can have a proper dinner, you know, corned beef, egg, chips and mushy peas !!

Real meals.

• Like 1

Oooohh. Corned Beef!!  Love it!. Almost tempted to open a can right now..., but maybe 00:51 a.m. isn't the right time...

How's my day 

Not bad so far    but it is only 05-40  in the morning.

Merry Christmas &

A Happy New Year to All.

Feeling very relieved tonight after hearing about the tornadoes in Kentucky. I have a dear friend who lives in Owingsville. Fortunately the tornadoes missed there but they had severe storms. Anyway had an email from her that she’s ok so imyvery relieved. 

• Upvote 1

I’d heard nothing at all about this until I read your post Nonna, I’ve mostly given up listening to and watching the news on TV.  I feel I must be living in my own little bubble!  So pleased you’ve heard from your friend.  

Nice to see the pear tree we planted back in 2015, is still thriving. 

Did it for our Golden wedding. Thoresby hall, Notts.

IMG-20211212-131010.jpg

• Like 5

The Good Lord Bless you Ian. Wishing you all the very best from this humble couple. Have a great Anniversary and wishing you a...

Very Merry and Peaceful Christmas. Cheers mate, thanks for your thoughts.  thumbsup

• Like 1

Been to Doddington Hall today. What a lovely day out. Came back having spent a fortune in the farm shop and in the bauble barn! Stopped at Riverside Farm for a carvery. Absolutely packed! Just finished putting the Christmas decorations up with a glass of mulled wine and now sitting down on the sofa to relax before my last week of work. Did someone mention a meet up on Tuesday?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, MelissaJKelly said:

Did someone mention a meet up on Tuesday?

Yes MJK at the Wheelhouse Wollaton 11:30/12:00ish ... on the 14th which is a Tuesday. RR your calender needs a new battery...

1 hour ago, philmayfield said:

Good to see you in your country tweeds in the garden of your stately pile BK. I suppose you'll be going to stay at Sandringham for the rest of the festive season. I'll think of you when I'm queueing at the Netherfield food bank for our annual tin of spam.

You know what it's like Phil., one has to show appearances, it's good for the locals to know one  is still in contact with ones roots. I'll have a word with my Aunt Elizabeth and cousin Charles next time I'm up in London or Sandringham. 

• Like 1

Well, that's it ! Done me stint at Thoresby Hall this year. Just got to prepare meself for a meetup tomorra! 

Enjoyable break in Notts, so as not to offend NS purists.

But I know me place. I'll bugger off home after meetup. Don't want to outstay me welcome.

Whatever day it is.. I hope you all have a fab meet up.  You can pretend I'm there too...

Or maybe don't..., I wouldn't want to turn it into a Political Meeting..;)

Please don't be offended, but I'm doing my best to avoid getting even a minor Covid dose, so as not to spoil my chances of getting my knees sorted ASAP.

Enjoy... I expect pictures... :)

Have a good meetup. Keep safe everyone and enjoy yourselves. DJ hope your op goes well without any hiccups.

• Like 1