How's your day?

Every day we are converting between imperial and metric especially when ordering anything from the USA also when converting money exchange beween Canada and the USA as we usually go to Florida in the winter. What part of Georgia do you live in?

• Replies 14.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• DJ360

• philmayfield

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

Last time I looked, a US gallon was different to a UK gallon.. so even that comparison is a bit awkward.  I still think of fuel in gallons though I buy it in litres.  Pretty much 4.55 litres per (UK) gallon I think. And my middle aged car (Which is definitely NOT a banger or jalopy..) shows fuel consumption in MPG.

https://www.metric-conversions.org/volume/us-liquid-gallons-to-uk-gallons.htm

Ian... out in the country about 60 miles east of Atlanta.  That's close enough to Atlanta for me.

Phil....Not bad gas mileage for it's size.  A US gallon is around $2.75, but as DJ says it is a fraction smaller than an imperial gallon.

To convert Miles per U.S gallon to Miles per U.K (Imperial) Gallon multiply the miles (or km) by 1.2

That'l mean the 35km per U.S gallon comes out at 26 miles per U.K gallon.

How do I know,, because I own a LHD U.S car with the fuel computer calibrated for U.S gallons, so check mine occassionally.

I get 28miles per U.K gallon on journeys of 50 to 60 miles each way in my 2014 car so 26mpg (u.k) is good in a 1998 Crown Vic.

I don't use mine for short journeys.

• Like 1
23 hours ago, PeverilPeril said:

Having mentioned the silliness of buying posh new cars - I did buy a fishing rod which I rarely use for £700. I like using the one that cost £52 better :rolleyes: ...suppose I'm just a cheapjack....

As for cider - it is just not possible to purchase proper cider from a shop or supermarket. The stuff is an alcopop with a trace of apple juice plus preservatives. Tastes awful. Mine is 100% juice with no additives.

Yes PP youre right about juice from supermarkets and that includes cider. I love drinking juice in the mornings and dont like supermarket brands so I juice my own. I know what goes into it and I can select what I put into it. Much better and healthier. 

Around £2 a gallon, even if it is smaller than ours is a bargain. The average price here at the moment is heading towards £6...

• Like 1

I was awoken by Mrs C yesterday morning with breakfast in bed.

Asking her what she had broken or what she was after she said nothing apart giving me a kiss on the cheek.

After breakfast she kissed me again & whispered in my Tab.

Happy birthday Catfan. !

Women. Don't you just love em !

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Happy birthday CF.... not gonna kiss you though....  ;)

• Like 1

I see that its your Birthday CF   

"Belated Brithday Wishers"

ps still waiting for my invite to your party.

• Like 1

Have a nice (belated) one catfan 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, carni said:

Happy Belated Birthday Catfan. I bet Mrs Catfan did her best to spoil you Miduck.x:biggrin:

She certainly did Carni. Like she always does !

It's the training y'know !.

• Like 1

Here's to your next one Catfan. Have an even better one. Cheers mate!

• Like 1

Watching the Olympics …. They certainly produce strong lasses from Bulwell!  

• Like 2

Bulwell lasses take some beating.......they rule the 'Roost' at home as well...........my Bulwell mother and all her sisters were the Boss of their households......and me Grandma''

Courted many Bulwell Gels...but never came close to Marrying one..........they took no Prisoners...bless em...:ohmy:

And now, a slight deviation.

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed the amount of commentators we've got out in Tokyo. It would appear to be 2 or 3  different ones at every event, and that's not including the pundits back in the studio, who dissect and have a post mortem each time. It seems to me that we've got as many commentators as we have competitors. Just been watching a bit of gymnastics, watching the parallel bars and there's four commentators, including Matt Baker, the Countryfile bloke, (didn't know he was an expert on gymnastics). Who pays for 'em all,that's wot I'd like to know?

Yours, Disgruntled of Tunbridge Wells.