How's your day?

1 hour ago, Oztalgian said:

WTF. Are you joking? Charging you for the rain that falls on your roof???? How did that get adopted. Can you bill them

Sadly not, and the good news is I missed one!

There is a highway drainage charge for rainwater falling on the roads and streets...

New  2022 charges - 10.2% increase, not including 10.7% for water plus 9.7% for waste. All based on the rateable value of the property.

Metered charges for the same supply - 8.1% - 6.6% and 9.6% plus 143.31p / 123.9p per cubic meter.

and all plus 5% vat,,

Bet you're glad you asked now...   :P

• Replies 18.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

After a short hiatus, I'm back online. Virgin connection is down again so I'm using my phone, 'tethered' to the P.C. via  a USB lead, to get an internet connection.  Sometimes I feel almost competent..

I think I detailed last year, how the wonderful North West Water having yet another leak on the supply to my property..which just might possibly be down to them placing the streetside stop valve exactly where I drive over it daily... dug up the end of my drive with no advance warning and then left it for days.  They incurred my extreme wrath and unbounded ire!!

On a brighter note, I'm enjoying listening to nice old vinyl while the Boss is away. Never a big fan of Elton John's later stuff, but his second, eponymous album 'Elton John' is a classic.  Also rediscovering Linda Ronstadt's early 70's compilation 'Different Drum'.

Vinyl definitely sounds best in my system.

20 hours ago, Brew said:

There is a highway drainage charge for rainwater falling on the roads and streets...

What??? You did not put the roads in, the developer of the suburb or the council did that and they costed the drainage in the price of the land development costs. Why is water measured in cubic metres and not gallons of litres, I know that it is a thousand litres or 220 gallons why not just say so. Also don't get me started on using the rateable value of houses to calculate fees and charges, the most stupid and inequitable method possible. As house prices are increasing out of sight so are rateable values so councils are getting a fat increase in rates but still cannot offer decent services.

• Like 1

Cubic metres? Oz you're missing the trick here. A cubic metre is not 220 gallons, it's fractionally smaller, and over the millions used that small difference starts to add up. Every little helps, as the old lady said.

There is now a fresh patch of tarmac covering a new meter outside every house on the road now  :angry:

I forgot to add one of them buggered a joint up and caused a leak for an hours or so, he found it without using a meter as well...  :rolleyes:

Interesting day today setting up my exhibition stall at the County Showground.

Sat and Sun - all about fly fishing. I should really be too old for this sort of thing but I have always enjoyed exhibition work. The exciting thing is that the unexpected always happens and some interesting people are met. :biggrin: Life is good.

• Like 2
36 minutes ago, PeverilPeril said:

Interesting day today setting up my exhibition stall at the County Showground.

Hope you have lots of visitors PP though the showground website is very poor on details i.e. there are none!

• Like 1

Good news this morning.....one of my sons was due in Kiev tomorrow...but glad to say its just been cancelled..........

• Like 6

I got an email yesterday from a friend in Cheshire saying our Christmas card arrived that day. I mailed it Dec 12 so it took 60 days. We don't have surface mail here, but that seems to be how it travelled. He said it should have been a Valentine card! If it did go airmail it must have been by pigeon.

OK. The postgirl brings mail to my mailbox. I suppose you could call that surface mail!  No international surface mail I should have said. Picky lot! Ha ha.

Got in my car earlier on: put in drive, released hand brake, pressed accelerator & nothing happened = I had not started the engine.. Hour or so ago: got in bath, soaped myself up, then realised I'd still got my glasses on.. It's happening isn't it? I going round the bend...   

• Like 1

Many thanks for your response Trogg. I did download 11 and started using it, but couldn't get on with the way it's moved things around and some apps wouldn't respond so I found the way to 'revert' back to 10. Think I'll stay with that for a while. Cheers !

Thanks Kev., like I said, forgive me if I'm wrong. I thought it was either Trogg or Brew, but couldn't recall where I'd read it.

The end result was reached though.

Lovely morning :biggrin: I'll be leading a working party on a local river this morning. I won't be 'getting stuck in' as I used to do. The most energetic thing I will do is to shout instructions. Right - must load tools in car. Oh! where's that whip?

12 hours ago, colly0410 said:

Got in my car earlier on: put in drive, released hand brake, pressed accelerator & nothing happened = I had not started the engine.. Hour or so ago: got in bath, soaped myself up, then realised I'd still got my glasses on.. It's happening isn't it? I going round the bend...   

Still, at least you didn't get into the car ready for a bath.....

• Like 3