How's your day?

Today I am mostly in the doghouse. Decided the shower headed a clean, despite it being of the self clean variety, so took off and tried to dismantle it. Didn't succeed, but did manage to bugger up the seal, and reap the wroth of SWMBO.

I'm being as quiet as I can in my office at the moment and dare not mention how hungry I am...    :(

• Replies 18.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

33 minutes ago, IAN FINN said:

Happy Margie hope you had a great day take care.

Thank you Ian.  I did have a very pleasant day :) 

Brew hope you got fed eventually. I love to dismantle things especially if they need cleaning. If it looks a bit complicated I put the parts in order and take photos of them as I'm dismantling. Its annoying ( as I've found) to have something left over that you dont know where or how it belongs, screws are a niusance for that. 

Things I take to pieces usually contain self-losing parts. This time it was easy, nothing got lost, and the replacement from Screwfix took less than 10 mins to install. It's bigger better and has the seal of approval - Friday Steak n Chips night is again restored, and peace reigns once more at chez Brew.     :P

• Like 1

I went for a second swim yesterday. 24 lengths.  Plus a sesh on the weights.  Today (Saturday) was a 'rest day'

'Back on 'yer Eds' tomorrow.

To quote some TV detective..  'It's All Gone Pear Shaped....'

I was happilly back into swimming and weight training..but... felt a bit 'iffy last Monday.  Still..did the weights.. had a spot of Lunch then went for a swim..  All normal...

Tuesday..feeling crap. No swim or weights.

Pretty obvious I had a sinus infection.

By Weds it was horrible.. feeling dreadful..pain in face, and the most smelly objectionable sinuses you could wish for.

I sometimes get this after a cold.. though never this bad. but I've had no cold, so it looks like 'Swimmer's Sinusitis'.  Tried saline washes using a 'Neti Pot', but no real relief.

Obviously I've tested for Covid. All negative...

So.. today feeling equally shit.. but maybe it is just 'goingover' a bit.

From what I've heard.. I'd sooner have the Omicron...

Well today is the day?   why!!  well due to every thing going off in this world of our's  we have decided to have a family meet-up. 

The  older ones of the family are fine because we all used to go out/meet up/big family weddings/Parties and more

The younger members are quite nervous because they don't relly know each other.

It's sad  because since the older members of the family are no longer with us, eg Mum's dad's grand parents, aunts & uncles we don't seem to have that family conection any more.

• Like 1

@DJ360  sorry you’re not feeling too good.  At least the weather is sunny and warm (well, it is here!) so you can sit outside and soak up the spring sunshine.

• Like 1

Although not today, but my day on Thursday...We attended our neighbours funeral service at Wealden Crematorium. It was only opened 3 years ago and it's a beautiful, peaceful place.

Anyway, it were a lovely simple service and we were able to say our goodbyes. The day was lovely and sunny, with cloudless skies.

When we came out and while walking back to the cars, mingling with relatives and friends, 'Er indoors suddenly stopped and declared..."I can smell toast "! Quite oblivious to where she was.

I kid you not.

• Like 1

Thanks Margie. To add to the fun I have now developed what feels like a pulled muscle below left shoulder. Excruciating and something else preventing sleep..but..Hey Ho as they say....

BK. I know I shouldn’t , but that did make me chuckle.

Col, you really are in the wars, aren’t you!  Even more reason for a bit of R & R outside in the sun x

Margie, it made us all chuckle. No doubt, if Betty was looking down on us, she would have thought it amusing too. When I reminded Tina where she was, she said she never gave it a thought.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, DJ360 said:

.Hey Ho as they say....

Col, it seems to me due to  the lack of physicals, and being isolated for so long you've lost your immunity to the crap in swimming pools, and having a heart problem, and knee a problem, and a shoulder problem, you are mostly broke!

It's time to start thinking of the Zen lifestyle and contemplate your navel more!  

thumbsup

• Like 1

Wife has done the same thing DJ had it one week already trying to get her to dance to Playtime On Pluto by Ron Goodwin,just listening to some oldies on CD with Jack Jackson and Carole Carr while i am cleaning the car.

Lovely sunny morning in Bulwell.........Smartly dressed man with 'Mike and speaker' singing one of my favourite songs...

''Its knowing that your door is always open'' really good voice........as i approached between ''Wilko's'' and the market place a smiley lady about my age put her arms out towards me...and yes...we had a little dance...magic moment...made my day............'''only in Bulwell''

• Like 5
1 hour ago, benjamin1945 said:

....as i approached between ''Wilko's'' and the market place a smiley lady about my age put her arms out towards me...and yes...we had a little dance...magic moment...made my day............'''only in Bulwell''

For some reason that made me think of this painting by Jack Vettriano.

BUL4cLq.jpg

• Like 1

I only remember the Conway Twitty version of ‘it’s only make believe’

i’ve just listenEd to it and it took me right back to when I was 16 and ‘in love’ with a lad who never noticed me….

• Like 1