How's your day?

I'm glad when we need the Dr , he answers the phone and we go to see him. As they say simples. Don't think I could cope with all this faffing about on a computer. I know its progress but prefer the real thing.

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

On 3/24/2022 at 10:05 AM, DJ360 said:

I decided to do an 'eConsult' with the Doc's. 

I'd never previously heard of any of these systems, so I decided to try one at random......namely eConsult.

The opening page asked me to search for my GP practice. I put in its name, but the system didn't find it.

End of eConsultation.

• Like 1

It seems to me those likely to have most need of a doctor, the elderly and infirm, are least likely to have a computer, be tech-savvy, or even have a 'smart' phone.

I appreciate Covid is still a threat, (though we seem to have learned to live with it) and medics need to protect themselves. But to my mind they are more at risk from normal daily activities than they are in a surgery with strict rules on protection and PPE.

Today at an ENT clinic two receptionists, masked and behind a screen, asked for my documents to be held against the  glass. Then sat in a waiting area that could easily hold a hundred or more, but had only three waiting, no problem at all.

I'm happy  they are taking Covid seriously, and I don't mind the rigmarole if it keeps us safe, but all the pantomime with computers, texts and letters to get there is ridiculous.

Just did a bit of digging on two of the services mentioned.

eConsult Health Ltd is a company, not a part of the NHS.

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/07628675

Patient Access is run by Egton Medical Information Systems Ltd. Again, not a part of the NHS.

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/02117205

But I’m sure your personal and medical details are perfectly safe in their hands.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Jill Sparrow said:

I wouldn't say it was progress, nonna. I remember the days when you just turned up and sat there until you were seen...as we always were!

Three or four years ago a GP practice on Mapperley Road, on the edge of Mapperley Park and serving Mapperley Park and St Anns was put into ‘special measures’ (whatever that means) following inspection by the CQC.  I have friends who were patients at this surgery and they loved the care given by the one GP there.  However there wasn’t an appointment system in place, they had to turn up then sit and wait until the GP could see them.    Thankfully the surgery we’re registered with is brilliant, we’ve never ever had reason to complain, even during the past two years we’ve been able to see our GP (one of two) or a practice nurse within a couple of days if concerned about anything.   This, coupled with the best Pharmacy in the Nottingham area, we’re very fortunate.  

• Like 1

Things just get better ....

Mrs Col returned with 'a cold' Friday from a couple of days helping out at No. 2 daughter's. Daughter had a cold, but was Covid negative.
Still I suggested Mrs Col do a test today and it is very positive. She's OK. Just like a cold.
Whoopee....
Triple vaxxed Daughter now positive but her unvaccinated partner negative.
I'm still battling Sinusitis and improving in that regard but today been a bit headachy and with a very slight sore throat....
Not wasting a test unless/until I get more significant symptoms.
Timing stinks as I have yet another knee surgery pre-op on 6th April which could now easily be toast...

Why are we still testing for what is now no more than a cold? 

I’ve have observed (from a working point of view) it seems the triple jabbed are always moaning, always feeling ill, always tired, no get up & go in them? 

Boots on. 

• Like 1

Don't forget me Diabetic Candy Floss Catfan. Wouldn't object to a stick of sugar free rock either. Enjoy your break. Cheers.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Beekay said:

Don't forget me Diabetic Candy Floss Catfan. Wouldn't object to a stick of sugar free rock either. Enjoy your break. Cheers.

Sold out youth. Off to Eastbourne in a month, will try there.

Catfan, Sorry to hear your eldest sister has died, also Mrs C’s stepmum. 
Meanwhile, enjoy Your time in Skeg x

• Like 1

May I add my condolences to you Catfan and your wife. We had a funeral today, a lady who a few days ago was given 2 months to live. Sad when you hear this news.

• Like 1

My condolennces too Mike. To both of you.

• Like 1
On 3/25/2022 at 9:53 PM, Rob.L said:

Just did a bit of digging on two of the services mentioned.

eConsult Health Ltd is a company, not a part of the NHS.

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/07628675

Patient Access is run by Egton Medical Information Systems Ltd. Again, not a part of the NHS.

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/02117205

But I’m sure your personal and medical details are perfectly safe in their hands.

Rob, non of this is surprising. The point is that the NHS England has been quietly turned into a 'commissioning body', which is busily subcontracting all sorts of services. This model allows the cynical govt. to spread a lot of public money around private sector orgs while claiming that the NHS is not being privatised. But anybody half awake already knew that.

On the other hand I suppose that 'under pressure' GP surgeries...which have always been private businesses, find it financially advantageous, or at least functionally expedient to use such actors as part of their overall delivery package.

I don't have any medical secrets and I'm no more worried about these organisations than I am the many others who know lots about me.

18 hours ago, radfordred said:

Why are we still testing for what is now no more than a cold? 

I’ve have observed (from a working point of view) it seems the triple jabbed are always moaning, always feeling ill, always tired, no get up & go in them? 

Boots on. 

Why? Because it is still important  to track the bug for the benefit of the vulnerable.

Do you have anything other than your own impressions to support your second point?

Eitherway..thanks for your support..

It's a real comfort...

• Like 2