• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

13 hours ago, catfan said:

Couldn't you sleep Mary ? Didn't Master wake you up with a cup of tea ?

I WISH. 

Not being able to sleep is just one of the symptoms of "Parkinson's" so I sleep when I'm tired and when I can't sleep I go on Nottstalgia  that's why sometimes my post are "gobble d" and don't make sense. I apologize to all member's if they can't understand my post's, but I'm still here.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1
5 hours ago, IAN123. said:

Col..could you ask the Plumber to loan you the core drill...10 minute job..give him the price of a pint?..he might say:

"Been as i'm here".

Ian.

Mercifully, he called me back today and apologised.  He's injured his back and is having a week off to recover then he has hols booked, so I won't see him for about 3 weeks.  But, the job's been ongoing since last November.. so another couple of weeks won't make much difference...

• Like 2
5 hours ago, loppylugs said:

Col.   Re your comment on the previous page of your respect for me.  Thankyou. I respect you also, that is why I declined to continue the gun discussion.  Unfortunately I have found over the years that the Internet is a slippery slope when discussingcontroversial issues.  It is far too easy to just start thinking the other guy is an idiot and it quickly shows through our writing.

Probably safer to argue over the differences between transistorized ot tubed. (Valve) amps.  Not to mention which cartridge is best, and don't even mention speakers.  That's a subjective minefield.   yada. Anyway thanks again. I enjoy a chat with you.

You're welcome Dave.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, mary1947 said:

I WISH. 

Not being able to sleep is just one of the symptoms of "Parkinson's" so I sleep when I'm tired and when I can't sleep I go on Nottstalgia  that's why sometimes my post are "gobble d" and don't make sense. I apologize to all member's if they can't understand my post's, but I'm still here.

No need to apologise Mary.

7 hours ago, IAN123. said:

Mary..your posts and humour are brilliant.Your knowledge on St.Anns and the Meadows etc..is excellent.

Never mind the Master...Madam never brings me a cuppa in bed either !

Ian .

7 hours ago, IAN123. said:

Mary..your posts and humour are brilliant.Your knowledge on St.Anns and the Meadows etc..is excellent.

Never mind the Master...Madam never brings me a cuppa in bed either !

Ian .

What would we do for a cup of tea?

Hopefully it's going to stay a sunny day. We've had more than our fair share of rain so far this year.

There are a lot of sore throats around. The weather changes so drastically. The other day the temperature hit 31 c and yesterday it poured with rain and it shot down to 19 c. Thunder storms are forecast intermittently so think we can forget about a long hot summer.

We are in the middle of vineyards which are on slopes, consequently when there is too much rain we have mud slides everywhere. I always go into the village in the same direction and return in the opposite direction but now coming home I meet a cross road corner that is just mud so my poor little micro gets all splashed. Do I wash it? No I wait til it rains again and it comes up a treat.

• Like 1

19 degrees Nonna?  Luxury!! We yoosed ter dream of 'avin 19 degrees!!! ( Credit:  Monty Python. 'Yorkshiremen' sketch)

Seriously though yes.. it looks like Southern Europe and the Med has been 'copping it' a bit this year.  And conversely (though about time) we've had a long run of decent weather here in NW England.  For some years now I've been complaining ( "complaining.. DJ360?  surely not!!" ).. that we are lucky if we get more than a handful of days over 20 degrees C but much of May was like that and June is looking OK so far with minimims of 19 C and mostly 20-21C forecast for 'the forseeable'.  Which is nice.... :)

Col

• Like 1

Col 19c was cold believe me, I put a long sleeved tee shirt on. After the rain it's bitterly cold and you can feel the cold from the mountains. Anyway today so far so good.

At least the builders are clearing the rubbish for the "pool". It does look like one really , surrounded by blocks of dug out concrete and mud plus all the reinforced steel strips that were previously used.

We are really cross ( could have used a stronger word) . Digging the well for the pozzo they touched a gas pipe. ( we don't have mains out here we have a huge tank semi buried) they squashed the tube inside and now we are waiting for the gas firm to replace it. My husband told them this morning that the ones that had done most of the work were cowboys.  It seems every time they come they either leave a mess or make some sort mistake. Good job they are checked after each process or else we'll have a leaky pool.

18 hours ago, IAN123. said:

Put down a floor and painted an office/kitchen and jacks today...sore knees..asked for a rub.

Music helped...15 cd's all Northern Soul..courtesy of Nev the DJ in the Coach & Horses.

Roll on 1/1/19.

1/1/19 ? 

• Like 1

Got to the office at 7:00, got the wheels on industry going, bragged about superior water basting equipment on Nottstalgia, met with insurance people at 9:00, customer at 11:00, walked 9 holes, sun shining, birds singing (saw a huge hawk), screwed up a par 3 and a par 5, shot a 41 at 15:00, grilled some Mahi Mahi fillets while sampling a little red french number I found at Costco at the weekend at 18:00, at wife’s instance watched an episode of Cold Feet on Britbox at 21:00, went to bed at 22:30 slept like a log.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

It is only since the new year that supermarkets have been allowed to sell wine in Tennessee (see previous conversation about strange licensing laws) so browsing around Costco has developed some purpose. They have both branded and own brand stuff going for prices north of $100 down to less than $10 a bottle. They have a great selection that changes frequently and consequently when I think I’m part way through it I have to start again. 

Thats what my daughter and her husband do and use, they have a separate department that does nothing else.The web, Facebook and regular ads are nothing to them (they once put up billboards just to t off the competition). Don’t understand it myself just pixxxxes me off, but it appears to work really well for them. 

Tried facbook once, had a competition to get likes, spent a bunch on consultants, would get excited in the morning to see how many more likes I had got that day etc and sales went down!

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Martyn said:

Thats what my daughter and her husband do and use, they have a separate department that does nothing else.The web, Facebook and regular ads are nothing to them (they once put up billboards just to t off the competition). Don’t understand it myself just pixxxxes me off, but it appears to work really well for them. 

Tried facbook once, had a competition to get likes, spent a bunch on consultants, would get excited in the morning to see how many more likes I had got that day etc and sales went down!

Facebook, there is your problem !

I read somewhere yesterday that thousands of Americans have ditched FB.

• Like 2

I don’t think as many people use it these days. For some its a bit of a habit (like this site) but I don’t believe it is all powerful. I went on it for s short while for  business and it did not work and have never used it personally.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, NewBasfordlad said:

The seasons first new potato's for tea, along with fresh garden peas and a lamb shank......smile2

With lashings of mint sauce?.... droooool

• Like 1

I ditched FB years ago.  To nosy and sneaky in its security settings.  Now I'm addicted to NS.  That said I believe this site is honest in its dealings with us and I like you lot.  :)

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

As Loppy noted there's nowhere to hide, even Nottslagia feeds our details to Google analytics - quite why I don't know.

Google wouldn't bother if there wasn't a revenue stream in it somewhere. To be honest i don't know an awful lot about it - only what I've read about 'big data' and the benefits that business can gain from the huge amount of data Google collects.

Personal Data is collected for the following purposes and using the following services:  Google Analytics (from the Nottsalgia site T&Cs)