How's your day?

I too was using FB but ditched it because it was too invasive. The young ones use it continually . The girls are placing recent photos of themselves fishing for compliments and of course other girls comment on how beautiful they are . Pathetic, their reactions but some of the girls around here are really beautiful. The real beauty is that they dont spoil their looks with lashings of makeup.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Replies 18.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

It's not a secret that these companies use your data to target ads and no doubt in other ways.  The question is.. What Data?  As I understand it they mostly just use your search behaviour and 'key words' to target advertising at you.

That bothers me not one bit because I'm not easily susceptible to advertising. 

It is up to you how much truly 'personal' data you put out there.  I do not do any internet banking for example, as I'm not convinced of the security systems.  Others seem quite happy about it.

Kids putting images of themselves online is an area where education is needed.

Mrs Col is paranoid about shredding stuff that comes from the bank through the post.  I get fed up of telling her that our addrewss is not a secret and if it was we wouldn't get anything through the post from anyone.  Including banks.

This is an interesting read.

http://theconversation.com/if-its-free-online-you-are-the-product-95182

• Upvote 1

eBay becomes irritating too. Especially if I've looked at an item, and then get bombarded with excessive emails of other things 'they' assume I'd like. I buy many CD's, and they also tell me that other people who bought this certain CD also bought bla, bla, bla !

So what, I don't give a toss what others bought . Leave me in peace to enjoy the CD I've just purchased !

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Errrrrm interesting .... Yesterday I searched & purchased a new military type work belt on my iPad, last night the said belt I had looked at & purchased popped up on Mrs Reds iPad, now her iPad is the all new fan-dangled one that only works with her thumb print, so it must pick up your searches via your internet provider?  

I got sick & tired of receiving emails from Amazon UK after I had searched on Google. did another search & Amazon tracking from Google can easily be switched off, which I've now done. Next thing is to ditch Google for a less intrusive web browser.

• Like 1

Funnily enough, I've just ditched Yahoo due to endless questionnaires. I also NEVER keep anything I've browsed. I clean out at least once a day.

• Like 3

I'm happy with Firefox.  So long as you don't get involved with 'add ons' etc, it's a simple and uncluttered browser.

Much of what search engines do can be switched off etc., so I'm not too bothered about using Google.  I don't post critical personal info such as passwords or PIN nos etc.  In fact the way that Google automatically saves all my phone pics to 'Google Photos' has saved my bacon recently.. but it can also be switched off.

Most unsolicited emails can be stopped by looking for the 'Unsubscribe' info at the bottom.

Search Engines such as: 'Duck Duck Go'  https://duckduckgo.com/

And Startpage https://www.startpage.com/

can improve  your privacy.

Col

• Like 1

I've recently started using:  Epic Privacy Browser

Too early to say if it's worth the effort but the dinosaur in me will try anything.

• Like 1

Also worth using Malwarebytes( free) to prevent/check for assorted nasties which can come from anywhere.. I also use Avast Anti Virus and Glary utilities, to  prevent attacks and clear out the rubbish/cookies/temporary internet files which will otherwise acumulate.

It's surprising where stuff can catch you.  A year or so back I googled the number of a steam loco seen on a TV prog.  This led to an enthusiast site with lots of info about said loco. An innocent looking link on the site led to some very nasty 'ransomeware', which took a bit of getting rid of, by my friend who knows more about computers.  Most probably the site owner was quite innocent and unaware his site had been hi-jacked.

Col

• Like 1

I also use Glary and Malwarebytes plus Spybot and occaisionally HiJackthis. Hijackthis is brutal and needs care with the results but will find everything that third parties place on a PC.

• Like 1

I've reached the point where apart from NS and a couple of news sites I am using the Internet less and less.  It gives me more time and I don't need most of the drivel anyway.  Apart from interaction with you folks I am developing more and more of an attitude of just leave me alone!  Must be summat to do with owd age, and orneriness.   (Spelling? )

• Like 2

Owd age,  Yes  Loppy, leave me alone, said that to the wife this morning............she reckons she could hear me in the Bathroom  ''Brushing my Tooth''..........lol

• Like 2
3 hours ago, benjamin1945 said:

Owd age,  Yes  Loppy, leave me alone, said that to the wife this morning............she reckons she could hear me in the Bathroom  ''Brushing my Tooth''..........lol

Brushing my TOOTH???.  You mean you've only got one!  :Shock:

• Like 3
18 minutes ago, loppylugs said:

Nah!  Bens not a hillbilly, Martyn.  He's a toff!  Liberty bodice and all that.  Whoever saw a hillbilly in a liberty bodice?  :biggrin:

Sometimes maybe to add a little spice to their inter family relationships. You know how lonely it gets up in them there mountains 

• Like 1
Just now, loppylugs said:

I've driven by a few of those places.  I was hoping I didn't get a flat tire.  If I had I think I'd just have kept driving.  Lol.

So have I. They don’t call em the “Blue” Ridge Mountains for nothing 

• Like 1

My son just copied me a picture of his truck. If I knew how to use the attachment feature I would show you how small you can get a GMC Sierra 1500 Denali and still walk away.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, loppylugs said:

Brushing my TOOTH???.  You mean you've only got one!  :Shock:

LOL  I Exaggerated slightly Loppy.........but reckon i'd enjoy the ''blue ridge mountains of Virginia''.....bit of a Dance in me Liberty Bodice drinking some ''gud ole Moonshine''...........:)

• Like 4

That moonshine will rot your tonsils.  What the moonshine doesn't get those hillbilly ladies will.  They make Bulwell seem tame.  ;)

wait 'til Ms Sparrow reads your post. She'll have something to say about it.  Lol.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, catfan said:

Upload your picture to say PostImage & then copy link from there to your post.

Downloaded it but still having problems - get with my boy tomorrow 

• Like 1