How's your day?

We’ve spent a great afternoon at a cancer charity event at the Laguna this afternoon, organised by a neighbour of ours who has raised in excess of £160,000 in the past 20 years with every penny going to various local charities.  We were with many well known Nottingham faces and had a lovely time, spent time chatting to a very well known influential Nottingham businessman who, apart from having the same political views as me, is despairing about the way the City is in such a decline but until the electorate wakes up nothing will ever change.  
Then when we arrived home there was 15kg of wild bird food on the front door step that I’d expected to arrived NEXt weekend!  Got to give Amazon their due, they know how to run a business. 

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, plantfit said:

Spent a lot of my early years just up Farnborough road from there from 1959 til about 1972

Rog

Don’t know how old you are Rog but my cousins Mick and Tony Cleminson were born in 1956 and 1961.  

11 hours ago, LizzieM said:

Don’t know how old you are Rog but my cousins Mick and Tony Cleminson were born in 1956 and 1961.  

I'm just a few years older but the name does ring a bell from the very distant past, was they further down the avenue towards Summerwood lane/Highbank drive area?

Rog

17 minutes ago, Beekay said:

Was it Bembridge or Yarmouth CF? Last time I went to Norton Grange I got severe food poisoning.

After thirteen years of marriage to the previous Mrs C my guts will tolerate anything you throw at them.

How’s your day? Well started off saving a swan which bizarrely decided to sit in the road grooming itself at quite a busy junction round the corner. Managed to coax it onto the pavement and it didn’t appear injured. We rang the local RSPCA, the RSPB, the Wildlife Trust and the police, none of whom were interested in coming out. We then rang our vet who called HQ of the RSPCA who attended really quickly and caught it. Apparently flying swans landing by houses get confused by changes in air turbulence and then find it difficult to get airborne again. Well chuffed that we helped it. 

• Like 8

Happy Birthday cat lady, hope you have lots of feline cuddles.

• Like 1

A bit late Jill but have a great day/night :jumping:

• Like 2