How's your day?

Ian, my dear friend,  it wouldn't matter if it were diamond crystal clear. I still wouldn't know what I were looking for.

• Replies 18.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

I could see the moon with Jupiter and Venus directly underneath,  I am in the Philippines and it was a beautiful sight to look at the sky was clear too,

I also am interested in orions belt, the three stars always in a line .

• Upvote 1
7 hours ago, philmayfield said:

I’m well equipped for stargazing. I’ve got an astronomical telescope on a tripod 

We had one a few years ago but it was badly damaged when stored in our underground garage in S of France which was then flooded during a particularly bad storm.  I now rely on a free app called Skyview Lite, it was that app that told me which planets I was seeing last week.  On the second pic that CT posted for me it showed Jupiter, Venus and Moon from top to bottom.  It was all change the next night (left hand pic) 

If I point the phone to the floor it shows the stars in Oz! 

• Like 1

Greetings all.

It's been an interesting couple of weeks.

Set off down to brother's place in Nottm on 9th Feb and we all flew out to Tenerife for our cruise on 10th. So far so good.  

I found the amount of walking on the ship a bit of a trial and often exceeded my daily target just getting about, but no bad thing I suppose.  I did have to skip a couple of more strenuous excursions though and spent the time sunbathing instead.. which you all know I hate...;)

Woke up on day 6 with a cough and runny nose, which quickly developed into  'flu-like' symptoms for a few days. I kept going, noting that half the ship also seemed to be coughing, but found that I needed to sleep for a couple of hours each afternoon. Next up, a couple of days of unfortunate digestive symptoms, but no nausea or vomiting.

Most notably, my appetite disappeared almost completely, so that I ate almost nothing for the rest of the cruise.

Finally got back to my place Sat evening. Exhausted and still coughing, but at least with some appetite. Scoffed a 10" pizza then slept for 13 hours.

This morning I weighed in at 9lbs below my pre- cruise average.

Finally occurred to me to do a Covid test, which went positive in seconds.

Explains a lot but I'm surprised it's still strongly positive 12 days after first symptoms. And I've had 6 jabs.

Nice cruise though...:)

• Like 1
18 hours ago, LizzieM said:

We had one a few years ago but it was badly damaged when stored in our underground garage in S of France which was then flooded during a particularly bad storm.  I now rely on a free app called Skyview Lite, it was that app that told me which planets I was seeing last week.  On the second pic that CT posted for me it showed Jupiter, Venus and Moon from top to bottom.  It was all change the next night (left hand pic) 

If I point the phone to the floor it shows the stars in Oz! 

Thanks Lizzie I will check out that app for looking at stars !

Just been outside with me little Samsung tablet and, if you read this Phil and Willow Wilson. Is this what I'm looking for?

20230226-181447.jpg

• Like 1

Yes that's them BK. 

The moon is moving away now and won't be back for about a month. 

Another website which you may find helpful is "Night Sky Map and Planets  visible Tonight". Lots of info, compatible with android and you can make the location local to you if you want.

I keep it as a bookmark in my browser. 

• Like 2
3 hours ago, DJ360 said:

Finally occurred to me to do a Covid test, which went positive in seconds.

Explains a lot but I'm surprised it's still strongly positive 12 days after first symptoms. And I've had 6 jabs.

Nice cruise though...:)

Is that the first time you've had it ?  .......now that everyone has stopped thinking about it.

55 minutes ago, Cliff Ton said:

Is that the first time you've had it ?  .......now that everyone has stopped thinking about it.

First time I know of. Was feeling a bit better for a few days but feeling pretty crappy again now. Seems that is quite common. 

I wouldn't say everybody's stopped thinking about it. It's on the rise again and so are hospital admissions, but I do think we are learning to live with it.

Glad you are feeling better i have had a head cold for the last week dont seem to be able to get rid of it. We went on a cruise from Miami to the Bahamas long before covid lots of people were vomiting and completely covered in towels it was the worst trip we have ever been on no more cruises for us.

Yesterday I reported a positive test result via the Covid 19 App, but it would not allow me to correctly record symptom onset date because it's apparently 'out of range'.
Add in that the app keeps pointing to the NHS app, that I keep getting conflicting messages saying, for e.g. that I need to isolate until midnight LAST NIGHT etc., and I can only conclude that the whole system is in disarray, and that's the polite description.
I won't be reporting any more test results. Unsurprisingly I tested positive again this morning, though less strongly. I'll leave it a few days and see what happens.

20 hours ago, Beekay said:

Just been outside with me little Samsung tablet and, if you read this Phil and Willow Wilson. Is this what I'm looking for?

20230226-181447.jpg

I took similar pic with crescent moon in line with two planets and just missed an aeroplane passing through the middle but the file is till too big to put on  

• Like 1

Eggs Benedict in Bulwell very nice with a double Espresso..........then spent a bit of money on some 'Self Assembly'' stuff for displaying plants etc on the Garden..........just need somebody to ''ASSEMBLE'' them now......:crazy:

• Like 1

Ooh eggs Benedict love them. Now I want some!

2 hours ago, benjamin1945 said:

Eggs Benedict in Bulwell very nice with a double Espresso..........then spent a bit of money on some 'Self Assembly'' stuff for displaying plants etc on the Garden..........just need somebody to ''ASSEMBLE'' them now......:crazy:

Assembled. Who needs any help....lol........done it....

Mind you took me 2 hours and much ''Cussing''

Wife won't believe it..when she gets home...:ohmy:

About 4 30. /  5 00 pm on Thursday 2.3,2023   master an myself  heard a very loud noise looking out the french door

2 fighter jet planes went flying past. Well !!!! thats what they looked like,. 

Is there any member who saw these planes?   if so what planes were they? 

Was (Land of Hope and Glory) ? being invaded by the Russian

Mary I am sure I heard Russian jackboots down the road last night.

Wont be long before a different set of mad screwballs take the helm.

Today murky and cold here. 

Big garage job sorting out a 1919 rear axle for an Irishman. They do explode after a century of use or mis-use.

@mary1947 we had some ?fighter planes pass over us at about the same time!  I presumed they were heading towards Mildenhall  base ……  also there was an army type helicopter heading the same way.  
No harm in being prepared I suppose

Training exercises with different air forces, Operation Cobra Warrior, RAF Waddington and Coningsby

Rog

Been thinking about yellow fields.

When I was a lad... as far as I know, the only yellow fields contained mustard, which I think was just ploughed in as a 'green manure'.

The much more gaudy fields these days tend to be Rape Seed, which is really not a pleasant Crop to have close to you...especially if you are asthmatic.

But is it that binary?

When did farmers start planting Rape Seed in quantity? Was it earlier than I thought?