How's your day?

Glad it all worked out in the end Phil. Before we left Nottingham in 1987, I'd heard rumours of that car park that there were gangs in there who demand a payment for "looking after" your car while you were away. Another ruse was to charge you before you couldĀ take your car out of the car park. Don't know how true this was but I would never use it.

• Like 1
  • Replies 18.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

The girls bought us RHS membershipĀ  for Christmas, so today we had our first look at the new-ish RHS Bridgewater in the posh bit of Salford where the kids live. It's only a half hour run from the Grand Duchy.
For those who don't know it's on the site of Worsley New Hall, which was demolished about 1949 and was just over the road from Worsley Old Hall, which wasn't...and still exists..as a pub- restaurant.
Anyway, well worth a visit even though most plants only just emerging.
Think I'll be going regularly to watch the seasons change.
Ā 
Ā 

Ya can allus help out this exile, if ya want, thah knows. All donations gratefully accepted.Ā Ā :rolleyes:

• Like 1

We used to wait until they cooled down and then put them in the freezer, provided there is no sauce or gravy etc on them. When you want them, bang 'em in the oven, they taste just as good as when bought.

Really enjoyed getting out this morning..(1st time in two weeks)...heard this on smooth radio nice to drive along to........obviously went into Bulwell....lots of ''WHERE YO BINS DUCK?''.....also saw 3 chaps and one lady i was at school with..all those years ago...nice to know they were still about...all had kept their Bestwood sense of humour....'''are you playing saturday?'' Fancy Palais tonight?.''..ya goo down last night?''. and more lol.........all finished off with a lovely ''Eggs Benedict'' in Jerome's'''

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

• Like 1

Bike cleaning this morning in the shed, reggae music on the CD player, the sun is shining the birds are whistling what a beautiful day, the simplest things in life give the most pleasure, enjoy your day however you chose to spend it

Ā 

Rog

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Jill Sparrow said:

Vera Lynn appreciation society?

She lived in Ditchling. I used to attend meetings with her when I worked at the League of Friends coffee shop, Princess Royal Hospital, Haywards Heath. Lovely lady to talk to. R.I.P.

Not too soon I hope. I'm not quite ready for joining Bluebirds over Dover white cliffs, or Severn sisters either. I'm too young.Ā :rolleyes: