How's your day?

19 hours ago, Beekay said:

Had a very amusing and heart warming episode yesterday at Sheffield Park. When I arrived and parked my car next to a picnic area, there were three nursery nurses with 7 or 8 toddlers sitting on the grass, eating bananas or biscuit bar. I said hello and welcomed them to the park and asked if they were going into the garden on the Easter egg trail. One of the nurses said, "We were but she's forgotten the membership card". So I said don't worry I'll have a word in reception when I pick up my radio. I explained the problem and reception said it would be okay. I went back to the nursery group and told them to go in and say, "Barrie sent us", which they did. Reception staff were in hysterics as all the toddlers, who were only about 2 or 3 years old yelled as one..."Barrie sent us, we give a biscuit" !  It's not much but it set me up for the day. As PP says, 'Life is Good'.

B you mean that you did not tell these children that you were BIG EARS ??

It is a loverly story and while their are folks like you in our world Barrie life is made much better. Can you just see those children when they get home telling there mum's and dads what kind of a day they have had.

• Like 1
  • Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

@mary1947, it's just the same when they clamber aboard my shuttle buggy with their parents/grandparents, I don't simply take them from overflow parking to the entrance. I try to make a bit of an adventure en-route so when they reluctantly get off,  their parents say, "Well you've made their day".

It's not just children though. I went up to the overflow in response to a radio call to pick up four 'elderly' visitors who needed a lift to our Coach house tea rooms. After telling me why they fancied a lift because of their age, I took great delight in telling them my age, and it transpired that I was 10 years older than them !

When starting off on my golf buggy taxi, I always explain that, "once under way, I'll be coming round with the drinks trolley and duty frees". It's always a good 'ice breaker'.

• Like 4

Haydn, like G F Handel with Messiah, claimed that he didn't write it: that it came from elsewhere and he merely wrote it down.  Many musicians make this claim. Stravinsky stated that he was only 'the channel through which Le Sacre du Printemps passed. I heard it and I wrote it down.'

Le Sacre is a terrifying piece of music. It scares the wits out of me even now. Hard to imagine it came from the same place as Messiah .

More recently, Elton John has made the same claim. He looks at the lyrics and the music just appears in his head!

Hard to say. When I was studying music, I always struggled with composition and found it a chore. Obviously, I'm not blessed with the same connections they had. I often wake in the  morning listening to the most wonderful music which stops once I'm fully conscious. It's nothing I've ever heard before and I wouldn't have a clue how to commit it to paper. Lovely to listen to, though.

• Like 1

Things such as the origin of the Universe and evolution have a scientific explanation but the functioning of the human mind regarding original thought and creativity remains a mystery. In years to come an explanation will be found as to how the chemical and electrical processes in the brain combine to produce results. Everything will ultimately be explained by science, we don’t have to invent God as an explanation.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Beekay   

Just adding to your post. A few years ago (Well many moons ago) myself and master went to Disney World Florida, and it was Mickey Mouse's 60th Birthday  and trundling along on Mickys train, the voice of "Walt Disney" came over the speaker and said 

"Don't you ever forget no matter what age you are there's still that child inside you "

Need one say more!

Passed the last few days trying to find a way to get to UK. Deciding to get passport difficulties have occurred with UK ones as well as Italian ones. Fed up of being treated as a foreigner according to UK officials. Damn Brexit i don’t think you knew what you were doing when you voted. But you’ve lost a lot of travel visitors.

Nonna , sorry you are having passport problems.  I agree about the Brexit rubbish btw and hope you’ll be able to get things sorted soon x

• Upvote 1

Me too phil.  unfortunately, many people believed the misinformation .  Sorry, I’m not usually political …..

I was determined not to get a PP but wished to go to uk . Maybe to Ireland tho.

Hi nonna so sorry about the trouble you are having  It's s?? law you was born in the UK worked here some of your life NOW they are turning their backs on you. 

I wish you all the best  I will still be your friend  

From one Stylist to another .

• Like 1

Hi, Nonna,

please don't be too dismayed for being unable to visit the UK. I would say you are better off staying at home. It's too late in the day for me to think of leaving the UK, but If I were younger I would be off.

The situation here, apart from a war, cannot get any worse. This whole nation is under sentance. 

• Like 2

I know what the situation is in UK but I still consider my “home” . 
Im very happy living in a beautiful smallish village but roots cling to you. I love the sun , the food, the people that know me by name and sight and enquire how I am . Maybe it’s my age reminiscing. I don’t know if anyone feels the same but since I had my 80 th birthday I feel different but don’t know why. No doubt this will pass come the real weather.:rolleyes:

I know what you mean, Nonna.  My father developed an intense nostalgia for his childhood surroundings in Beeston where he was born and grew up, even though none of the familiar places were still in existence. I used to tease him about it but, in recent years, the same nostalgic pull back to the places of my childhood has affected me. I wouldn't want to return there to live but the memories occupy my mind a great deal. You can't go back, physically, but I think this is something that a lot of people who had happy childhoods and formative years do experience as they age.  You're not alone!

• Like 2