How's your day?

18 minutes ago, MRS B said:

Now got another job tidying up the onions and garlic to hang and dry. I won’t be buying any for some time that’s for sure.

Yummy, home grown garlic. I love garlic and my favourite is an entire roasted head of garlic with crusty french bread.  The vampires stay well away from me!

• Like 1
  • Replies 18.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

Well I’ve been out with the Sheen gun in 29 degrees of heat and the flames were throwing out 1000 degrees so I’m feeling a bit dehydrated. A bit too early to start on the beer. It certainly does a good job but it’s better left to a cooler day!

Phil.,re your wife's wedding ring. A tried and tested method is to wind thin string around the offending finger (fairly tightly) and thread the end under the ring. Then start to unwind the string by pulling towards the coil string WHILE STILL UNDER THE RING, this should move the ring towards the end of the finger. I've tried it and it works.

Just don't leave a tight string on her finger for too long.

Your servant sir.

• Like 1

Sounds like you’re having the weather we had last year. Enjoy it while you can. Here we see the sun for a day then it rains. Today we are outside in the sun and enjoying the occasional dip. It’s taken me exactly 2 weeks to get the pool clear enough to swim in . The rain has caused havoc with it, and caused so much algae. So here’s hoping it stays clear and we can enjoy it ( if it doesn’t rain)

21 minutes ago, philmayfield said:

Thanks, that should avoid bloodshed and gangrene. We'll give it a whirl.

If she gets it off does it mean I'm single again?

Wait until your neighbours call the fire brigade to deal with the result of your weed burning and then the firemen can remove the ring.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

That makes good sense. Problem is the first batch of weeds has been killed and the burner put in a safe place to cool off. I think they’d want a generous contribution to the Fire Brigades Charity for a ring removal. I can just imagine this big red truck coming up the drive with the blue flashing lights and men in helmets hanging off the sides!

My husband had the same problem years ago after a hand op with his wedding ring. He went to the local walk in centre and they got it off quite quickly. Clearly they’ve had the problem before.

IMG-0142.jpg

Here is the result of my garlic and onion harvesting all tidied and strung up to dry. Am wafting the smell over to you Jill. Harvesting white onions tomorrow.

• Like 5

Ring saga cont. I got my ring finger trapped in a ratchet buckle luggage strap while securing stuff in back of my estate car. Next morning said finger was painful, purple and swelled up nearly like a barbecue sausage and growing. I had the ring cut off medical professionally with a tiny hand-driven circular saw and forceps which left it U shaped. It took 10 min, it is a quarter inch wide ring. Took it to a jewellery repairer who had it repaired, restoring the assay marks etc inside, plus polish and it was shiny and as good as me wedding day. Cost me 80 quid though. 

And I never got to recover the gold dust left on the table.

• Like 1

Mrs.Bubblegum, shall I send my address so you can send Uber with some of those lovely red onions, (I love red onions)? That's assuming you do online deliveries.  :hungr:

4 hours ago, philmayfield said:

. I think they’d want a generous contribution to the Fire Brigades Charity for a ring removal. I can just imagine this big red truck coming up the drive with the blue flashing lights and men in helmets hanging off the sides!

Phil the Fire Brigade will get the ring off your wifes finger go to a Fire Station, there never used to be a charge or donation required , its what you pay your rates for.

As for the delusion if you take the ring off her finger you will be single again, no it doesn't happen. I know I tried it and still have the scars to prove it, I have been married 56 years in a few days. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, philmayfield said:

Thanks. I’ve shown her the YouTube remedies. The ball’s in her court now! :biggrin:

If you recall, that is exactly what I suggested. Things could be a bit different though, if the finger is swollen due to injury etc.

• Like 1

No apology needed Para., was only passing on what was demonstrated on me many years ago and this is the first time I've needed to relate it.

Nice bit of video though. My coil was rather closer though and if you didn't remove it pronto then you could cut of the blood supply which would lead to further complications. 

Mind you, if the thread was left on and your finger fell off, you wouldn't have to worry about a tight wedding ring.  :rolleyes:

• Like 1