How's your day?

Is anyone else like me, likes to see a number roll over? Recently I noticed my 'likes' were almost at 5000. I was hoping to see it roll over to 5000, then missed it! Next time I looked it was 5001. Darn it. Same in the car, I like to see the odometer roll over to a new thousand. Mine rolled over to 59,000 and I caught it! Little things amuse little minds

• Like 1
  • Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

Yes, that's exactly what I do if I see numbers about to change in that way.

Driving an extra time round the block to see the mileage hit a certain figure. Staring at a digital clock to wait for certain combinations of digits.

Simple things; simple minds, etc.

• Upvote 1

Trouble with that is...while your looking at the figures, you could run into a lamppost or cyclist etc.   :Shock:

you could run into a lamppost or cyclist etc.

Would that be a request or a requirement Barrie?

Rog

• Like 1
5 hours ago, katyjay said:

Same in the car, I like to see the odometer roll over to a new thousand. Mine rolled over to 59,000 and I caught it! Little things amuse little minds

I drive so few miles these days that I hardly even look at the odometer, but I do know it will be a damn good, very low mileage, car for somebody when I sell it.

But you've reminded me of one day around 1970 when I was out with a local Olympic and Commonwealth racing cyclist who @plantfitwill remember, we were driving through Wollaton Park in his ‘retired Police Car’ that had a black vinyl roof covering where the blue light using to be!  He noticed that the clock was going onto 100,000 miles and didn’t want that to happen so chose to drive backwards to delay it.  After more than 50 years I can’t remember if it made any difference but it was a laugh at the time.  

I hear that the Bulwell area was hammered by a severe thunderstorm this afternoon resulting in some of the shops in Bulwell being flooded. Hail stones of such an intensity as to cause potential injury. Out here, it went dark, the wind got up and there were a few raindrops along with distant rumbles of thunder but that was all.  There's an amber warning of thunderstorm into the early hours so not out of the woods yet.

It’s been very localised.  In Mapperley Park we had thunder, lightning and gutters overflowing with the rain.  My friend in the Lace Market said they didn’t get much rain.  

Makes me feel guilty for sitting outside with me coffee this morning and then sitting outside this afternoon to have me tea.

I’ve just seen a post on Facebook that the tram line was struck by lightning earlier and no trams are running between Wilkinson St and Hucknall.  Oooerrr!!  Bulwell did get it bad safto then! 

We’ve had no rain here in the Cambs fens although there were a couple of distant rumbles of thunder.  It’s been very hot and still and I wish it would rain a bit….

On 6/11/2023 at 7:06 PM, Beekay said:

Mrs.Bubblegum, shall I send my address so you can send Uber with some of those lovely red onions, (I love red onions)? That's assuming you do online deliveries.  :hungr:

Beekay, unfortunately online orders and deliveries not possible, sorry sir. Didn’t manage to harvest my whites today before the rain so maybe let them dry out next week.

We had just a few spots of rain here in the Trent Valley. We heard distant thunder and thought that someone must be getting it. I may not even need to cut the grass this week. Our hay is really high in the meadow and is ready to be cut. Last year it was August before it was ready.

My day so far has been great, sitting on the patio having breakfast in the sun and a very pleasant temperature and breeze. Soon its going downhill fast ,its going to be very hot and unpleasant with a trip to the dentist for a check up, only to be told there is nothing wrong with my teeth and be presented with a bill for too much of my money.

PS the wife will insist I pay for her inspection as well, how will she react when I tell her it is her wedding anniversary present . 

• Upvote 1

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY Mr Mrs Trogg 

HOW MANY YEARS?? 

and don't say  too many?

love to you both .

• Like 1

Hope you’ll both enjoy your anniversary once the dentist trip is over x

• Like 1

Trogg, please add my best wishes!

It's looking like a very sunny day again here with no showers and a bit less humidity. 

I've been too busy doing stuff in the garden etc., and neglected the walking, so I'm off for a walk in a bit before it gets too warm.

• Like 1

Happy Anniversary Mester & Missus Trogg !!

Talking of Anniversaries, when I was a Park Ranger at Holme Pierrepont, I booked a weekend fishing course for my wife and didn't tell her. It transpired it was my weekend on duty, so my 11 year old son did the course with her. I was not flavour of the month !

This year will be our 58th.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, trogg said:

56 for me beekay

Quite an achievement Mr and Mrs Trogg, congratulations from me too.  Hope your dental appointments don’t make too much of a hole in your wallet and you’ll enjoy the rest of this special day.  

• Like 1
17 hours ago, philmayfield said:

We had just a few spots of rain here in the Trent Valley. We heard distant thunder and thought that someone must be getting it. I may not even need to cut the grass this week. Our hay is really high in the meadow and is ready to be cut. Last year it was August before it was ready.

My son loves quite close in Calverton and last night had hail and rain like he had never seen in his life. Very heavy major storm.

Not rained here on the Island since May 14th.

Grass is yellow, fruit and veg need constant watering at night.

Too hot for walks with the dogs, just drive to the nearest river and let them play.

We've not got any water ! Not had any all day. Can't make a Brew, can't use the toilet etc.

Your water authority should supply you with bottled water if the supply is off for any length of time.

Severn Trent kept ringing me repeatedly a few weeks ago, updating me on how the repair was going and how long my supply would be off.  It was very nice of them but my supply was perfectly alright all day, even though I'd filled every available container after their first phone call.

• Like 1