How's your day?

You'd think so Jill, considering we're in sheltered accomodation and all pensioners. Not even had a word from any of the trustees.

Edit: 21.00hrs and it's just come back on (hopefully).

• Replies 18.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

In the waiting room at the dentist’s this morning, at any time there were around 5-6 other people.

During their waiting time, all of them were permanently looking at their phones. 

I deliberately didn’t look at mine - just to be different. I must've stood out like a weirdo.

• Like 3

It’s better than looking at out of date magazines. I regularly look at my ‘phone whilst I’m waiting for something. I like to have information to hand. It was much worse when I had to carry the Encyclopaedia Brittanica with me everywhere!

• Like 1

As I don't possess a 'Smartphone', I take my E-reader and read a bit more of whatever book I'm on at the time, anywhere that I know there'll be a wait. E.G=Medical apps etc., and especially when I take 'er indoors to the hairdressers. Avoid read and guaranteed a lovely cuppa ! So don't mind waiting there.

The joys of greenhouse ownership Phil. 

My brother has similar problems, except that what few friends he has all tend to ignore him, or even hide, when he comes into the pub with bags of Cucumbers, Beans, Tomatoes or whatever glut he is trying to get rid of.

I don't have a greenhouse and my outdoor cucumbers were only put into final pots a couple of days ago and the outdoor tomatoes a few days before that.  Even so, I've had difficulty in 'offloading' all of my surplus crops to neighbours in recent years.

This year I've got too many cucumber seedlings....

My mother's favourite sandwich was tomato and cucumber.  Apparently, during her first pregnancy with my older sister, in the winter of 1949/50, in the 'craving' stages, she craved cucumber sandwiches! Of course, in those days at that time of year, cucumbers were just about impossible to find.

I prefer the Dickensian term. Cowcumbers. 

Oddly enough, it's one of the few things my sister can't eat. They upset her stomach.

Got to admit it.......ive joined the ''Old Men in Shorts brigade..''

So even at 9am...it was just too hot for 'Jeans' and shirt''....usually just wear shorts when i'm on the Garden or me 'Bike'

So off i set to Bulwell in Shorts and 'T' Shirt'''....,,,nice black 'Trainers' and short grey sports socks.....all nice and clean....even smelt good (so i was told) with a splash of ''Old Spice''.......

First stop 'Tesco'.....got in the lift with 3 mature Ladies....did my impression of the ''Big Coop'' lift man....'''3RD FLOOR LADIES UNDERWEAR'''....Got a Chuckle from the Ladies........but i think they wanted the 4TH Floor to collect their 'Divi''.........anyway had to think why i'm in Tesco?.....oh yes...to buy some new shorts and have Breakfast.....

Then had a nice hour in Bulwell with lots of ''EY-UPS........Bought a couple of ''Petunia's' for potting......altogether a very nice morning...love me new ''Shorts'':)

• Like 2

Men in shorts? Hmm. It's a bit like women in leggings. Most haven't looked in the mirror or they'd never leave the house in them.  I spotted a woman emerging from the post office earlier this week. She was wearing leggings. Her backside would put a Clydesdale to shame. 

• Like 4

I was in mucky ucknall today having a bacon cob, black coffee and a fag afterwards watching the world go by ,with trousers, shirt no tie but proper shoes on. After a short while I lost count of the water  buffalos , that word describes them perfectly, go past, dont they realise what they look like or are they not bothered. Thats male and female buffalos.

• Like 1

I can’t believe all those  negative comments about the way people choose to dress!  Why should it matter?  Surely people shouldn’t 

be defined by their particular body shape …..

Those  people may actually be good, kind and compassionate human beings and all some people seem to see is the size of their bottom……

• Like 1
38 minutes ago, Jill Sparrow said:

With the express permission of Mrs Trogg, I take it?

Every thing I do has to have permission given or else its the spare bedroom for me.  

• Upvote 1

Yes @MargieHthose people may well be the nicest people imaginable but that doesn’t mean we need to see them dressed inappropriately to their body size/shape.  I like to see men in shorts (in warm weather) so long as they have good legs, I’m a ‘leg’ person.  I think too many females leave the house without looking in the mirror, bare flabby mid-riffs, big bottoms, short skirts with awful fat legs.   Myself, I am happy to wear shorts because my legs are still good, but the shorts are just above the knee, not up the crotch.  But I’ve got scraggy arms and won’t leave the house in sleeveless gear.  It’s all about pride in your appearance isn’t it?

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1