How's your day?

Prior to the Berridge visit on Thursday, Lizzie, I visited the old Manning site. I hadn't seen it in the flesh, as it were, since it was demolished.  Certainly looks different.  No sign of Pickleface, Mutt, The All-Seeing Eye, Robespierre, Eccles, et al. If there had been, I'd have run like hell because...they're all dead!

• Like 3
  • Replies 18.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

Hi Beekay/Tina   nice photo but just looking at the chap who's giving his love to the table? If thats what fish n' Chips do to you. Count me out.

He's publicity shy and didn't want his probation officer to see him.

Poor bugger was played out after the journey, dinner and warm weather. They were nearly all asleep on the way back except me and the driver.

edit. Tell you what Noddy, I'll send you the little video slideshow. Via WhatsApp. 

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Beekay said:

They were nearly all asleep on the way back except me and the driver.

I want to die in my sleep, not like the rest of the passengers in my car, yelling and screaming.

• Like 3

Now there's a cheery thought for a Sunday afternoon. Thanks Oz.

What else do you do for a laff ?

• Like 1

Fab morning! Went to the Lowry at Salford Quays again

To see my oldest Granddaughter  Gracie performing.

This time she was in Alice in Wonderland.

When I asked my daughter what she was playing I was told not to ask...

She first appeared among others, as various 'props'.. being  a leaf, or a flower etc.. but then..

As the Queen of Hearts!

Hilarious because she's only 8 and was half the size of Alice, but made up for it with the the power of her performance.

To Alice.."Speak up child!!..And curtsey while you're thinking..it saves time!". Plenty of "Off with their heads!" too.

All the kids were brilliant.. but of course Gracie is more brilliant, 'cos she's ours.

:rolleyes:

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

Up and awake at stupid o clock this morning, breakfast and coffee sorted and pots washed and put away by 05.45, got the Raleigh Activator 2 out and had a ride around the local lanes for half an hour, back home and made a cuppa for Mrs P, a quick shower and got ready for the coffee morning at the Hammond hall down the next village, my turn to serve tea and coffee this morning, good turnout of locals and the worlds problems were all sorted, back home and got the latest bike project out of the shed to do a bit more work on it, new gear changer fitted and cables set up all working good now, waiting on a new eight speed cassette to arrive and get fitted then I'll have a good ride around on it, pictures will be posted in another thread,hope you've all had a great day

Rog

Lizzie was reading about your electric gates. It’s happened to us a few times but fortunately our keys do work. The last time it happened was when my remote control wouldn’t work. The gates are opened and closed at least 20 times a day probably more. In the end we had to unlock them and keep them pulled to . There are often herds of cows being shooed up the road also sheep being led to graze so leaving them open wasn’t a good idea , I didn’t want to go out the door and be confronted by any animals.

@nonnaByou’ve reminded me of when we had a small flock of sheep and needed to move them to a field in the next village. This meant walking them right through our village, across a main road and into the new field, about a mile away, so we decided that 6am on a Sunday was the best time.  It was all hands on deck, our kids plus family visiting from Canada.  The lanes were quiet but the sheep didn’t behave at all, they ran into peoples gardens, trampling and eating their flowers, our Jack Russell tried to help by nipping at the sheeps ankles and barking, all us humans were shouting and urging the animals to go in the right direction, it was a pretty memorable day. Then when they’d munched that field they were brought back in a lorry!  

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

Interesting couple of days..

After being recently put onto Spironolactone and Empagliflozin,( as well as the other four drugs), to supposedly improve my ticker symptoms and make me live longer... I developed some unwanted side effects.  Called my nominated Heart Failure Nurse who immediately decided it was the 'Spiro' and prescribed Eplerenone instead, which was ready at the pharmacy within about 2 hours.  Impressive!!. Took the first dose yesterday after a Cardio Rehab exercise session in the morning and a light lunch.

Then decided I was up for a swim in the afternoon and did about 20 lengths with a careful warm up/warm down.

By yesterday evening I was in pain with stomach cramps, headache, lowerback pain etc., and my heart monitor showing irregular heart beats every time.  So..called the HF Nurse again and now waiting for a call back.

Also yesterday, my lovely Granddaughter Grace Poppy, star of stage and screen.. ;) went to RHS Bridgewater on a school trip, fell off a See-Saw and broke her arm just above the elbow.:Shock:

She's fine.. and no doubt loving all the attention and sympathy in school...

..and HF nurse just called. Told me to stay off both the Spiro and the Eplerenone for a while and then we'll see what's what..

'Life's Rich Tapestry' Eh?  :laugh:

Col, Perhaps it would have been better to forget about the swimming until your body had got used to the new meds?

But I know  you like pushing yourself a bit!!!  Hope the symptoms/side effects will settle down now.

Poor  Grace - has she got a full (bent) arm plaster cast on with an arm sling?

• Like 1

Hi Margie,

Yep..she's got a full plaster and sling.

A few days have been exhausting because it’s been so hot and humid. Now it’s a bit cooler and at the moment it’s raining, such a relief but next week we are in for some real heat. Temperatures in various regions up to 48c For the first time since we built the pool the water reached 32c. Swimming at midnight hoping to get rid of the heat of the day and to be refreshed was like having a hot bath.:(

• Like 4

Planned a bit of a walk and see that there is rain coming so off early and back before the rain.

Methinks a day of necessary admin, crossword solving and contemplation in store.

High winds mean I need to remove covers off the chicken run or it will sail away into some field.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, LizzieM said:

No point in suggesting you ‘keep hydrated’ Nonna  ……. ;)

Enjoy the weather, wish ours was better! 

That goes without saying but cooling off in a warm pool doesn’t do much. Don’t get me wrong I love the hot weather but this is too much it’s unbearable. Even tourists are grumbling about it and are doing their utmost to enjoy it without getting too much sunburn. Thankfully today it’s cool(ish). Hope it stays that way and doesn’t rain today or tonight. Every Friday during July the road where James’s restaurant is the road remains closed and becomes a pedestrian area. There are musical groups playing so there are a lot of locals plus tourists so plenty of business for all 3 restaurants and 2 bars. But if it rains, disaster . Last week there was a saxophone player going round to everyone. Lovely atmosphere. August we have the annual festa with big name artists , food etc. This year with Castagnole delle Lanze being one of the top most beautiful Borghi (hamlets) tourism has increased.

2 hours ago, siddha said:

High winds mean I need to remove covers off the chicken run or it will sail away into some field.

That’s what we’re afraid of , we’ve had some pretty high ones last year it blew the roof off a small shed which landed in next doors yard and it blew the roof off the Gazabo and we never did find it.We replaced it this year with an aluminum one. Our fig tree which is quite tall and wide was blown horizontally and I thought it was the last we would see of it but it soon recovered.

Away from the weather, it will be more "How's your evening?".

Tonight I'll be running my second quiz night, back by popular demand. I've got all my questions prepared with a variety of subjects, including, music intros, what's this object, name the historical figure, name the city plus a selection of general knowledge 'pub quiz' questions. All with use of a screen for visual assistance. 

As well as seeing the multiple choice questions, I will be reading them out for the benefit of the visually impaired. Last time was a roaring success and with the aid of a raffle we raised about £240.00

for our residents social fund. (I'll have to rehearse me joke book).

Will keep you posted.

PS. Some questions are about Nottingham.

• Like 4

Because it was raining today we couldn’t work in the garden so decided to make one of our regular trips to Hemswell Antiques in north Lincs. (‘Europe’s largest antique centre’). We covered two of the four main buildings. It was very disappointing as there was nothing remotely interesting and quite honestly I would have taken some of the so called ‘antiques’ to the tip. Dealers were asking aspirational prices for rubbish. We’ve been regular visitors for many years and have had some excellent buys. The highlight of the day was to call at Lincoln’s M&S and buy fish, chips, mushy peas and bread and butter pudding - comfort food for a miserable day! We’re not giving up though, we’ll be back next week to do the other buildings. I’m determined to find something interesting or aesthetically appealing.

• Like 1

I'm surprised you can't find anything, Phil. The bottom has fallen out of the antiques market. No one wants 'brown' furniture these days. IKEA seems to be the place everyone flocks to. Goodness knows why.