How's your day?

32 minutes ago, philmayfield said:

I’ve just had a 12 inch rear window wiper delivered. It came in three foot long box!

And they grumble we make too much rubbish

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

Doing a bit of work in the shed this morning and switched on the telly and DVD to listen to a bit of music while I work, oh no, the sound has packed up on me telly so can't listen to music, a quick trawl on facebook market place and I managed to get another telly for twenty quid so tomorrows job will be to clean it down and set it up to run "Freeview", DVD/CD and VHS,

Can't do any work in the shed without music

Rog

I don’t have an en suite in my shed at the allotment but I do have a bucket. Just as good. When I was down there yesterday having a break by my shed a rat walked within 6 inches of me and scuttled under the shed.  Needless to say I wasn’t down there for much longer and bait went down last night and has gone this morning. Haven’t seen it today so hopefully it’s done the trick. I know they have to live somewhere but I still don’t like them.

Quick trip to Notts today , first time for a long time but sadly for my nephews funeral.

Until the funeral was arranged had never heard mention of the Gedling Crematorium on Catfoot Lane , Lambley but all went smoothly .

We actually got there an hour too early so had a coffee in the nearby Floralands garden centre , which was surprisingly busy.

Then after the service down to the Ferry Boat at Stoke Bardolph for late lunch/wake.

On our way out of town , through Netherfield and Colwick to Meadow Lane amazed at all the new house building going on.

Some parts I barely recognised.

Gedling Crematorium has been in existence for a few years now. I haven't been there, although I was expecting to go earlier this year when my 93 year old aunt died. However, there was a long wait for that particular crematorium and the funeral was held instead at Sherwood Forest Crematorium near Ollerton. That was a new one on me. They're springing up all over the place.

Sorry it was such a sad occasion that brought you back for a Nottingham visit, David.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, DAVIDW said:

Then after the service down to the Ferry Boat at Stoke Bardolph for late lunch/wake.

Sorry you had to visit in such sad circumstances David, but I have very fond memories of the Ferry at Stoke Bardolph from the 1960s.

One evening we went down there and I had THE most memorable pint of bitter ever..  I don't recall the brewer, but it was hoppy, clean, fresh and delicious. Still recalled with affection almost 60 years later...

There was also a poster on a side wall of the pub advertising 'Ruddles Family Ale'.  I'd never heard of Ruddles and didn't again until it became a 'name' in supermarket beers in the 70s/80s

More recent research shows that the Ferry was never one of the Ruddles Brewery's 'tied houses', so I remain mystified.

• Like 1

Monday evening the cooker joined bonfire night display.

The cooker on Monday evening decided to just go bang and cock the hob up , well not sure what to do ask the expert master, It;s just blown a fuse.  Now the cooker is only 2 months old, well master checked all fuse's and they all seem to be working. Now only being a baby it was under 1 year grantee so finding the phone num of customer service gave them a call. Half an hour later still on the phone   it was one of those silly people that kept repeating themselves. Then after all the rubbish questions it says "The customer Services closes at 

5 00pm so we  had to wait till next day,  Tuesday came and as the C/S said that they were open from 8 00am once again went into everything at  end of message sorry don'i open till 

9 00am 

Getting ready to go into a dark room then on my computer message  ""Can we Help You""  started live chat "(well i was live) then it appered a live adroy ask Q what is you problem A sorry can you change the words as i don't under stand, by this time I was pulling my hair out, I typed go back to bed!! sorry I don't understand  Just finish chat i said again same answer, then he put me in touch with a real person, Gave all details from my receite just a moment i will just speak with my supervisor. Sorry but as you did not buy on line all i can tell you to do is contact the shop and tell them about the said cooker, So cooker under granrtee,  I ask if he would contact the shop he said yes madam. WOW PROGRESS!!! Don't be silly he said give the store 5 mins and they will phone.  1-2 hours later still waiting,  Master then phoned Hotpoint and he spoke  to a real human being who passed him on to the part of the company who sign's you up for service  agreement, Well master being master signed up for it  

Now let me get this straight ?

cooker only 2 months old

When you buy a new cooker they also want you to have a service agreement

Is not the cooker under grantee

Why do we have to contact Hotpoint

If the engineer comes out to your cooker and no fault is found or it is you that has caused the fault straight away you have have to pay £100 .  Well signed up paid £3 which it will cost each month, 

The engineer was booked  only free time he had got was Friday.

So suming up 

no paper  which tells you about your grantee just info on web site

No instructions to speak off all non web site

After speaking with customer service  No real human jusy a machine.

We have to contact Hotpoint 

Well what choice do you have about the service agreement?? 

So decided to have my say sent message /e-mail and just put 

NEXT TIME YOU HAVE A STAFF MEETING WHY DO'T YOU CHANGE YOUR SLOGAN?

FROM CURRYS NO WORRIES TO BUY FROM CURRYS ALL WORRIES.

As any body got a rope?

• Like 1
4 hours ago, DJ360 said:

There was also a poster on a side wall of the pub advertising 'Ruddles Family Ale'.  I'd never heard of Ruddles and didn't again until it became a 'name' in supermarket beers in the 70s/80s

More recent research shows that the Ferry was never one of the Ruddles Brewery's 'tied houses', so I remain mystified.

Ruddles brought back memories......did a few deals with them back in the 80s......they were a brewery based in a village just outside Oakham...and their main line was 'Ruddles county'' a lovely beer sold in cans....

• Like 1

Mary, though very poor service technically they are correct, your contract is with Currys not Hotpoint. Go to the shop, not just phone them and tell them it's not fit for purpose, Under the new law you have a right to repair, It's up to them to sort this out. They can't just say contact Hotpoint...

To be fair to Currys I've found them to be quite good at rectifying problem.

• Like 1

Sign ot the times I'm afraid Mary, no one (or very few) are customer focussed anymore you just get the impression you are in the way, keep at them and don't get fobbed off, remember you and countless others pay their wages so in effect they are your employees, for the time you are dealing with them anyway

Rog

My experience with the efficiency of Currys is not something for them to be proud of. 

A couple of years ago I paid the extra to Currys to have a washing machine installed and the old one taken away, on the basis that it's easier than trying to mess around with it myself.

However, they screwed up on the installation of the new model. Trying to ring them to get it sorted was a going-round-in-circles nightmare. Eventually, I sorted the problem out myself (an on/off valve had been left in the wrong position by their 'fitters') but I'll never use Currys again for anything like that.

• Like 1

I watched Utube  early this afternoon it was a link to see my granddaughters graduation from Coventry Uni, she had a 1st in Business Management and Marketing.  I was a proud old man. I already have one finished Uni and two other still there. I dont know where they received their brains from.

• Like 5

Our eldest son and his 10 year old daughter came to visit us in Lilliput for a couple days, it’s been so good to see them as we’ve not seen the little un since last Christmas although Nick popped in to see us in April.  They’re only 100 miles away but we’ve all got hectic lives, yes even us two oldies!  Today we went on Sandbanks beach and it was breezy although sunny.  That tough kid was in the sea up to her waist but no way was I going to join her, nor was her Daddy!  Calm has been restored now so hoping we can enjoy a relaxing few days to do our own thing, might have a little trip to Brownsea Island if the weather stays reasonable.  

• Like 1

CF    re Currys via Hopoint

Electric cooker message came to day from Hopoint, we have a service engineer free can he come to -day?  

Yes please lets get that cooker working again, Adam came at 1 30 and after getting all details checking the  cooker told me that he was going to order bearing in mind it's an induction cooker orde would be for  4 new heat rings and the touch switcher's. As master had been a service engineer he ask Adam don't you have any equipment in your van. They don't let us have any we have to order everything. If Hopoint have not let you know if we had any equiptment in stock by dinner time tomorrow then phone them,  but it could take about 2/3 weeks to get the cooker mended. With that Adam le  ft.

I was not a happy bunny with this so bull by the horns went to Currys shop Mansfield, ask to speak with the  manager. Waited a few minutes and the manager came, told him my story and he just said well once we have sold a pruduct then its up to the products company eg  Hotpoint.  If you are stil;l havlng a problem with cooker 28 days from you reporting it they sould return all your money or reolace the said cooker but this is only at there disreciion. Well I have already looked at consumer issus so watch this space.,

'X

Good start to the day..........watched our 'Binmen' (who must be in their 50s) running from house to house.wearing their shorts down the Avenue laughing and waving to all the residents..do all 'Binmen' run nowadays''? or is it just ours...even a lady among them sometimes........

Anyway did my good deed when the 'Bins' were emptied...my 3 nearest neighbours are all elderly widows (and a lovely lot too) so put me shorts on and copied the 'Binmen' and ran with their Bins returning them to their Gardens........had lots of Banter with em........was offered a 'Smoke' and a cup of Tea by one of em......and another told me to shut the ''Bloody Gate''......whilst a third Shouted ''Love the Legs Ben (Paul) i'd let you in but i;m not dressed''.........they are all an absolute treasure...:)

• Like 5

This heatwave is continuing without a break. We are now wondering if we are going to have this storm that hit the area around Venice with hailstones as big as tennis balls. No joke when you see the damage to car windscreens and trees just being felled like skittles. During the day we are managing to keep cool by keeping the windows and shutters closed and fans at full blast. We venture out early morning and after 5 pm. It’s still hot at those times but much better than the middle of the day. This morning at 8.30 the temperature was already 25 c .Breakfast at bar then home before it starts to get too hot. 

Mary I can’t believe you’ve had to do all the running around. My thoughts if the appliance is virtually new and still under guarantee the shop should deal with it not you to go ahead on your own in case things get mixed up and no one at the end understands. We had a couple of appliances in uk go wrong but they were replaced no questions asked. Here we had a glass oven door explode but we shopped ourselves and got a replacement because the 2 yr guarantee they give you with purchase had run out by a few weeks.
( typical )  Hope you get it sorted as I suppose you’re fed up of cold meals.

• Like 1

We've dispensed with our main oven. It's not been used since last October, apart from one of the rings on the hob. It's not been used since we bought our first little air fryer. We've now supplemented that with a Tower pro.air fryer/oven. This has been brilliant, as it's got 3 shelves inside, so we can even roast a 1.5k chicken on a rotisserie if we wanted. I've done a lovely pork joint in it and the crackling was brilliant ! Last Sunday I did a gammon joint and able to do saute  taters above it. I've done all sorts including pies, fish, croque miseur (sp) etc. Wouldn't be without it.

Going to purchase a single induction hob for saucepans.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

We are the same Barrie. In this heat it’s unthinkable to have the oven going. We bought a large air fryer( at the time it was largest) we use it practically every day. The kitchen stays cool (ish) . We use it to roast chicken wings and other things for us and the dogs. I ran out of toastie pockets and used grease proof paper instead , still good. I will have to update the air fryer yours sounds ideal. I haven’t yet tried to bake cakes in mine as I bake them in a “Fornetto” on the gas ring. We had our niece visiting last week she told us that everyone in Scotland has one. They haven’t got the same effect here but I’m glad we got one.

• Like 1

Just seen Beekay and nonnaB post 

I'm sure you won't mind having a Sunday meet up at one of your places and by what you say i will nominate you to cook all members Sunday lunch.  

Sorry nonnaB your a little too far away fo us all to get there for Sunday

Well that just leaves you Beekay   SO IT'S NOTTS/N MEET UP AT BKs   oh!! don't forget to get some chips in for Lizzie 

XXXXXX

Up date on cooker eg myself v Currys  

The engineer came to fix it and had to order parts, The message from Hotpoint spares not in stock not sure when any will be in, will send a message when they are available.

Have taken advice from CA  so watch this space 

• Like 1