• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

7 hours ago, philmayfield said:

As long as it stops the midges from biting you.

I use Autan. They love me so much, yesterday they kissed me 11 times:angry:

300 yards of hedge to start cutting. That should finish me off. The nurse this morning said I should pay someone to cut it but I hate paying other people. I’m installing a new kitchen sink next week. That will involve some bending and stretching!

• Like 1

Don't blame you, Phil. While you can do it, good for you. I'm still decorating. I could pay someone to do it for me but I like things done my way, even though my ways are quirky. Decorators are apt to say, "Well. I wouldn't do it like that!"  Red rag to a bull, so I'll do it my way, myself.

• Like 1

Not quite 'cracking the flags' here as the much anticipated 'One Day Summer' was billed.. but it's warm enough. I suppose I ought to cut the grass...

Just had a phone call from the local Physio lot, who I self referred to a while ago.  While recovering from my knee op and pushing myself up out of a chair, I 'went over' on my thumb and strained it. However.. it has not recovered and causes me a lot of pain, plus making it difficult to use hand tools, get the lids off of jars etc.. So they are sending me some exercises to try, and have asked me to make a face to face appointment, for examination, possible injections etc...

The joys of ageing... :wacko:

As for Wilkos, I used to use the one in St Helens Town Centre, but it's awkwardly positioned, making parking difficult. I used to get all of my deodorant from there at good prices, plus assorted hardware and gardening stuff, but I made a special trip there for 'Tomorite' Tomato Feed last week and they had none of that.. or much else.. Soon to be another 'property to let', I imagine.. along with the old St Helens Co-op Dept store, 'Tyrer's' (St Helen's answer to Grace Bros'), Woolies, M&S, Clarke's, Dolcis, Dawson's TV/electricals and many, many others.

2 hours ago, philmayfield said:

I’ve had a medical examination this morning. I’ve had to come home and gently break the news to my wife. There’s nothing wrong with me!

My sincere sympathies to your dear wife. She has to put up with you a bit longer.

• Like 2

Mrs P's cataracts sorted yesterday at Louth hospital, not a very good night for her but much easier today after I put the drops in her eye, that seem to ease a lot of the discomfort, things still a bit blurred she said but getting better, four weeks of eye drops four times a day then an appointment at the opticians in four weeks time followed by a check up back at Louth hospital. really pleased she got the  cataracts sorted, the only downside if that's what you could call it is she can now see how many cycles I've got in my sheds (joking)

Made a phone call today to the NK council to come and pick up an old sofa for disposal "no problem that will be ÂŁ37.00, our workers start at 06.00 in the morning so have the sofa outside your property ready to be picked up, we don't enter properties so you'll have to get it outside yourself, we can't say for sure it will be picked up tomorrow it could be upto a fortnight" so it looks like I could have this thing stuck outside my place for up to two weeks at most or at 06.00 in the morning, I'd have thought for ÂŁ37.00 I would be allowed to pick a time, ah well never mind

Rog

Very best wishes to Mrs.P. Rog., hope all goes well for a speedy recovery. Tell her the owd reprobate down South sends his regards.

Now you two have got me worried, I think while she's in Lincoln tomorrow I'll have to sort a lot of stuff out and hide it away in the sheds, plus the new walking shoes and cycling shoes, hopefully the postman will arrive early tomorrow with my new chainwheel, oh heck I can see me not getting much sleep tonight now

Rog

Just now, Beekay said:

Very best wishes to Mrs.P. Rog., hope all goes well for a speedy recovery. Tell her the owd reprobate down South sends his regards.

I certainly will pass on everyones wishes and thankyou all, very thoughtful and kind of you 

Rog

17 minutes ago, Jill Sparrow said:

Wait til she starts asking when you had the new carpets put down and where you've got all your new jumpers from, Rog!

That reminded me  of an incident a few years ago, my wife use to visit an elderly neighbour every day and had to take her for her eyes to be done, after taking her home she was settled down in her house and was told any problems phone us. At 6oclock next morning she was on the phone in a state, so straight around to her house , she was in a panic over what the op had done to her skin. She was adamant she never had any wrinkles before the op and look at them now. 

It took my wife several hours convincing her they were there before only now she could see them

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Well I hope when Mrs P's eyes are back to how they should be she will be able to see what a catch I am thumbsup

Rog

• Upvote 1

Speaking of council collections, a property in Marpool reported their (recycle) wheelie bin had a broken lid. Rang Amber Valley who will happily replace IF, it's in 'plain view,' IF it's empty and it will be at any time in the next six to eight weeks.

Err, the property is a terrace with access straight on to the pavement, bins are at the rear down a communal entry, are they really expected to leave an empty bin on the pavement, four doors down from a pub and two doors from a Chinese chippy? Guess what will happen to it.. Sorry she said but it's the householder's responsibility to ensure it's kept in good order. Why not knock on the door, or ring the bell? Sorry we don't do that, please leave it where the men can see it and yes we know the online facility to report these doesn't work........ Cross I am...

• Like 1