How's your day?

Think you’re right Margie. My husbands just been looking on ( painfully thinking what the hells it called)? Something or other and it’s about growing up Italian. He said it’s perfect and how he remembers it. Getting late for school and they closed him out so he climbed up onto a high roof and lowered himself down through a window. Making things from nothing, scrumping fruit and getting the fright of his life when the farmer shot at him and many more. I keep telling him to write a book. Working from the age of 11 has taught him a lot that books don’t cover. In the tiny village in Sicily where he was born children had no choice especially from large families.Most had a little tiny allotment and had to work the land or look after the sheep and goats. But when it came to summer and enjoyment they made the most of it. They danced with the minimum of music. One had a guitar another an accordion yet another with the metal thing you put in your mouth and twanged it to make music. Everyone got together and brought something to eat and of course the wine was never missing because they had no water. I remember when he took me to Sicily before we were married. Everyone had buckets and bowls of water in their bathrooms because the taps were dry. Still can’t thing of what it was called. Think I’m starting with dementia :Shock:Sorry Margie got off the track a bit. It is lovely to outside and enjoy the coolness of the evening and I’m sure the dog enjoyed it too . Our dogs dash outside and stretch out then realize the ground is hot so go back in and stretch belly down on the tiles or under the bed in the shade.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3
  • Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

That’s a terrible sight BK.  Sometimes, fields catch fire near our village but nothing like the fires that have been out of control in other countries

We went blackberrying this morning down our village  paths.  Collected an ice cream tub full, so we .  We some with apples in a crumble for lunch and froze the rest.  Love the country life.

We are looking after a friend’s puppy while they are on holiday this week so are being kept busy as she craves attention for much of the time!!  She is lovely, although our two cats disagree with that…..

• Upvote 1

Yes Rog., and thats when they're not having to cope with bears or wolves. To me, it looks like looking into the gates of Hell.

• Like 1

BK sorry for your cousin it must be terrible seeing your surroundings like that. I hope he’s safe as all those who are experiencing these fires , floods and tropical storms.

Margie used to love blackberry picking when I was younger. Then my dad bought us some thornless blackberry canes. It was pleasurable not to get ripped to pieces

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, nonnaB said:

BK sorry for your cousin it must be terrible seeing your surroundings like that. I hope he’s safe as all those who are experiencing these fires , floods and tropical storms.

Thank you Nonna, yes, they are all safe now, although it was very scary. The picture shows them moving machinery from the back of her husbands works.

My cousin, incidentally, is a she. An ex pupil of JillSparrows favourite school...Manning !

8 hours ago, Beekay said:

Hows your day? Well this is the view from my cousins back yard, in Canada...

Just been reading about the Canadian fires. One report said that 15 million hectares have been burnt, that is 58,000 square miles. Equivalent to the size of Bangladesh or twice the size of Ireland. That is hard to imagine.

And on top of the direct human losses, is the vast quantity of CO2 released into the atmosphere and just making things worse still...

What a lovely surprise this morning on my husbands 80 th birthday. Had just finished hoovering my kitchen floor (one dog is moulting so plenty fur) Knock on the kitchen door and my niece and family were there carrying a tray full of pastìccini all lit with blue candles. Seeing as we as a family are celebrating tonight they thought they would be the first of my in-laws to give him best wishes. But come Sunday it will be a bigger celebration with his sisters and brothers and families. So the day began on a happy note.

First time I’ve had cream cakes for breakfast. !!

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, West Bridgfordian said:

Well, there would be!

Oops oops oops Sorry I didn’t check but She’s a long haired chihuahua so you can imagine.:wub:

Thank for pointing it out. Have corrected it.

• Like 1

Back to a hospital today with Mrs P again, this time badly bruised foot, doing some stepping exercisers and fell off the step, resulting in black and blue bruise across her right foot, so went to Newark hospital to get it checked out, no fractures so back home, she said she has to elevate her leg and put ice cubes on the bruise, well I put a cushion under her foot on a small chair and that raised it enough, didn't have any ice cubes so I handed her a "frozen Birdseye battered cod fillet" not impressed she just called me stupid, no helping some people is there? anyway next lot of eye drops ready to be administered so must go, by the way I put a bag of frozen veg wrapped in a teatowel on her foot before any of you think I'm completely heartless slywink

Rog

• Like 1

Was it Birds Eye Rog.? Only the best for Mrs.P. you could allus splint it with a couple of fish fingers.  :Shock:

• Like 1

Birdseye crispy battered cod fillet, didn't offer the fish fingers after the fuss she made over the cod fillet

Rog

We’ve just had a visit from the Red Arrows at RAF Syerston. A Typhoon this morning followed by a Spitfire and a Hurricane. The Arrows arrived at 4.30. It was a spectacular close up display. It’s an annual event for the air cadets’ camp on the airfield. Being just over the river from Syerston we get an uninterrupted view and a ringside seat.

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, IAN FINN said:

Happy 80th nonna's husband there's always a first time for everything hope you enjoyed the cream cakes.

Talking of 80ths, it will be mine in a couple of months. Mine in November and 'er indoors one month earlier, October.

Also our 58th anniversatry in two weeks.

• Like 4