How's your day?

Fantastic sight Phil. Used to work in Bulwell at a site that backed onto Hucknall airfield. It was great when the Spitfire or Hurricane turned up and did mock attacks on the runway. As a foreman I was not restricted in where I was at any given time but it was not by chance I was outside at the time these two beauties turned up. It also helped getting inside information from a cooperative contact at RR. No official secrets you understand.

• Like 1
  • Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

33 minutes ago, Beekay said:

Talking of 80ths, it will be mine in a couple of months. Mine in November and 'er indoors one month earlier, October.

Also our 58th anniversatry in two weeks.

Only our 25th this Christmas although Mrs P says it feels like a lot more for some reason

P1050975.jpg

Rog

• Upvote 2
6 hours ago, plantfit said:

I handed her a "frozen Birdseye battered cod fillet"

Rog you are heartless, you should have used a bag of frozen Petit Pois, they mould better to the injury thus healing quicker.

• Like 3

Got to admit it Rog., a nice picture and it shows you scrub up well.

Wishing you an early HAPPY SILVER ANNIVERSAY, to you both.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, IAN FINN said:

Happy 80th nonna's husband there's always a first time for everything hope you enjoyed the cream cakes.

Oh we did and tonight family get together. Thankyou.

Hi nonnaB wish your hubby belated birthday greetings I hope you both had a good day.

Congratulations Rog for 25 years even the train robbers didn;t serve that sentence

Sorry Rog you and your wife enjoy your day.

Hi to my friend Big ears  Happy 80th Birthday ,

Oct 1965 was a very good year  Forest won their match at home.

3-0 o clock kick off that also was the time master and I married . 

just look back at them there photos didn't we look young? 

Have a great 58th wedding Anniversery Barrie n' Tina.

• Like 1

Thankyou to all the lovely people who wished my husband happy birthday. He was very touched by the thoughts of those he didn’t know. We had a lovely evening all together.  Thankyou once again

https://postimg.cc/YvsnS4VF

• Like 4

Thankyou Barrie my daughter took the photo and she’s going to edit it and take background out so I may do that. 
Sorry about the adverts sometimes this happens when I post Direct. It’s a nuisance .

Three of my Grand-kids 10-4 and 7 stayed with us last night.....and are off for a week-end in Kent later today........gave em a £ each...and told em to buy me Sumat nice....they said OK Grandad...but looked slightly confused......told my 7 year old i was 9 ''when i was his age''.............which added to his confusion...:biggrin:

• Like 2

Did'nt folks refer to them as, 'Dolly Blues'?

Hey Rog., your picture looks like the fags I smoked as a kid.  :crazy:

• Like 1

I tried Craven "A", Black Cat and finished on Marlboro until I saw sense about twenty years ago, instead of smoking now I just smoulder in me shed

Rog

• Like 1

Notte bianco tonight. Festivities in main  square everywhere is open all night. Tables everywhere restaurants and bars are serving food for takeaway or sitting down. It’s early yet but lots of people around . Music groups are walking through everywhere. Lovely atmosphere and what makes it even better is that there’s a lovely breeze perhaps every now and again a little stronger but it’s FANTASTIC. Hope it rains tomorrow.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, nonnaB said:

Hope it rains tomorrow.

The weather map does look very wet in your part of the World tomorrow Nonna, hope tonight’s festivities go really well and you enjoy yourselves 

• Like 1

Ian, just been reminded that it's bank holiday weekend and I'm working up at Sheffield park. Our neighbour, the Bluebell Railway has a famous star visiting over the weekend, The Flying Scotsman, 4472 steam locomotive. So it's odds on we'll be extra busy with their overflow cars added to our own capacity crowd.

Happy Days !!

• Like 3