• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

NBL, Perhaps I'm not going crazy then!  There appears to be about half the roots still in the ground as the tree didn't break, it just keeled over.  Poor thing must be in shock!  .. (I know,  I know, it's not a sentient being)

^^^^^All sorts of plants can suffer some form of shock Margie just ask any gardener about transplant shock, where plants will go into a 'sulk' before picking up again.

I to know they don't really have emotions but the words fit what happens.

• Upvote 1

Margie, have you considered cutting the tree right back and then trying to get it upright again? If you can do that.. maybe stake it until it 'beds in' again?  It might recover.

Col

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Sat in the SA Oasis cafe this morning drinking my Cappuccino with the christian brothers & sisters as you do & was most pleasantly surprised to see Benjamin 1945 walk in !

An unexpected pleasure to be sure !

• Like 3

Likewise young catfan,,just shows you can have a spat on here,,as we did,,lol

But still be mates,,

• Like 3

Glad to say see me mates getting along.  I think most 'spats' on here tend to be due to the nature of Internet communication.  I know I don't want agro'. I enjoy getting along.  No fun to log on to carry on a battle.  There's enough stress in this old world.

• Like 3

After meeting Mr.mrs Catfan......walked down main st and in less than 100 yards bumped into 3 old school mates all from Bestwood estate,, all had sumat to talk about,, feel very lucky to be 73 and still seeing and chatting to School friends on a regular basis,,

• Like 3
5 hours ago, DJ360 said:

Margie, have you considered cutting the tree right back and then trying to get it upright again? If you can do that.. maybe stake it until it 'beds in' again?  It might recover.

Col

I told Paul what you said, but as it is a very old tree (planted in early 1970s) it has huge thick branches and probably weighs a couple of  tons even if all the fruiting branches were to be removed. The main trunk has a circumference of  38" and the next lot of branches coming from that are around 15".  It really is a solid tree.  I've decided to leave it as it is for a couple of months now to see if it will still allow the remaining apples to mature.   As we were in the garden just now measuring the trunk, a storm started - the rain is torrential and the wind is very strong.  There's thunder in the distance as well.   Paul ran in the house but I had a little dance in the rain as it felt lovely and cool....   

• Like 4
2 hours ago, benjamin1945 said:

After meeting Mr.mrs Catfan......walked down main st and in less than 100 yards bumped into 3 old school mates all from Bestwood estate,, all had sumat to talk about,, feel very lucky to be 73 and still seeing and chatting to School friends on a regular basis,,

Don't any of mine are still alive Ben.   I lost touch with 'em years ago.

• Like 4

Had about 15 years living Southerly,,mostly lost touch with mine Loppy during that time,,then within days of being back living in a rented place..just me and the kids......'Knock Knock' and there stood a chap i'd been thru all my schools with and even my first day at work at Midland station 1n 1960,,and played football with all thru my Teens and beyond,, Ey-up said he,, you coming out to play?.........We never lost touch again,, and stayed the best of friends for the rest of his life,,

Waxing again ,can't help it.......lol

• Like 4

After all this rain lately we have loads of mosquitoes . More than usual . Last year we couldnt swim because of the invasion of wasps. But have noticed too that fortunately we havent had any mosquitoes or wasps round the pool . ?. Is it because the pool is salt water? Strange but it may be true. Going to sit out tonight to watch La Luna Rossa with the grandchildren. Citronella candles at the ready as well as the Autan..

• Upvote 1

We’re hoping the clouds clear enough here on the South Coast to enable us to see this blood moon thingy.  Still very warm and still no rain like we think Nottingham has had already.  But there again, I might forget to look as we’re just off for dinner smile2

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Clap of distant thunder as I got into the car to drive to work this morning. Approaching Ripley, the pavements were wet and within minutes, lightning, thunder and torrential rain. 8.30, more torrential rain and then out came the sun, up went the temperatures. Sweltering all day. Still had no rain at home but it's coming. I have a pressure headache!

We've had some crazy thunderstorms during the last week or so.  Poor oldJake hates it.  I always feel so sorry for him but there's little I can do.

Just finished fixing a Venetian blind.  My rotten IPad wrote ' Venetian blonde'. Must have belonged to Ben at one time.  :biggrin:. Anyway a string in the Venetian blonde had broken.  Fiddly rotten job..  Anyway a gorrit done.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
2 hours ago, catfan said:

Spoon's Lizzie ?

No Catfan, haven’t seen a ‘Spoons down here, but can’t say I’ve looked for one ;) We ate at a Thai Restaurant in Lilliput, full of little people, great food, large G and T, half a bottle of wine each and then a nice young man on the next table gave me an unsupped G and T that he didn’t want.  Be rude to refuse it.  Now I’m wondering what happened to that Blood Moon. Can’t see it anywhere!! Nothing to do with the alcohol of course ........

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Blame it on cloud coverage Lizzie !

• Upvote 1

Another couple of large G & T's required then Lizzie ! 

Actually I did have more than I originally admitted to.  A nice young man on the next table had a G & T he hadn’t touched and handed it over to us.  Couldn’t refuse, it would have been rude to! 

• Like 2

Oh no, you certainly know your table etiquette Lizzie. 

No moon visible here tonight.  A little bit of rain and still about 20 C outside.  We did get a great view of Mars for a few nights. closest approach forever or somesuch. Noticeably red.