• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

Love amorous/glamorous Granny's Loppy........usually have great banter with them.........makes their day and mine.......harmless fun have it most days either in Wethers or at work love making em happy........'come here often?' is still a winner,.....and if its someone i knew from years ago..........''Did we you know '?''............mostly met with f off ben'...........love it..........lol

• Like 1

Postman delivered the Tabac aftershave this morning. Can't wait to slosh it on for the next meeting. Ladies. bring your smelling-salts. Carni, get Chris to tie you down.

BTW, on a serious note. Yesterday I received an email from Amazon telling me that the order had been cancelled because my card details were not correct. Two day previously Amazon had informed me that the order had been dispatched. This is what happens when hackers get hold of your details. I often get them from 'Talktalk'.

2 hours ago, Chulla said:

Carni, get Chris to tie you down.

Tie ME down Chulla, Chris says he is rather partial to Tabac as well. You may have double trouble Miduck..................Staaart Running.:biggrin:

• Like 1

Had a lovely time in Lincoln today with one of my daughters, and a brilliant surprise on the way was seeing the Red Arrows zoom over the A46 near Swinderby. I'm so proud of them, nobody else in the world has anything comparable.

• Upvote 1

Started writing the few Christmas Cards that I take responsibility for.  Couple of ex work colleagues......  some of my relatives on the Nottm side etc.    Mrs Col does the rest.

One will include a note.  I think I upset a certain relative with something I said a year or so back and not heard from them since. I didn't mean any harm at all.. but sometimes I'm too honest for my own good.  Anyway, hopefully a little note and an apology for my crassness will do the trick.  Can't afford for my not so extended family to shrink much more... 

Spent a bit of time this evening 'seasoning' a 'pan for life'.  Basically an old style steel frying pan, but it's brand new and been pre seasoned.  I'm guessing by dipping in oil whilst red hot, or similar.  Anyway. it's supposed to get better so long as you season it with oil and heat it up and let it cool and never wash it, or overheat it, or store it wet, or cook the wrong things in it, or....   Flippin' Eck!!!   Be easier just to go back to the old .'Buy a cheap non stick frying pan for a fiver and chuck it out when it fails.. after a year'.. or less..'

To be honest I don't recall things like eggs for e.g., ever sticking in our old black frying pan back in the 50s, but somebody invented non stick, so we have to have it.

I wrote a card for my brother and his wife, now i'm in trouble. Nothing untoward about the card but sis in law has got the hump because I did not include her new puppy!

• Like 3

DJ we once had a set of cast iron cookware and 'seasoned' them with beef fat. Apart from needing arms like Charles Atlas there was no difference in the food produced and all the claims about lower heat required and better taste were just a load of old tosh, lasted about three months before they were thrown out.

Wouldn't surprise me...  :)

We'll have to see.

On the 14th Dec i received a text from New Cross hospital, reminding me of my appointment at 11am on Tues 19th. Aye, first I knew of it. I phoned and said no idea about it, it could be any of three departments. The receptionist, sussed which one and said she would put first class letter in the post. Received that on 15th, next day 16th received original appointment as well. So one text and two letters giving me five days warning.  Yesterday at 3.30pm received a phone call asking me if it is alright to change from 11am to 2.40pm! Mmmm, good job I'm not busy.  Must go, or I will be late.:rolleyes:

Had a great working day....with Libyans and Indians........the Libyans about 50 of em were teaching me some Arabic words and when i used them their kids were a treasure laughing and calling me top man.........seen many of their kids grow up for the last 3 years and given me a lot of pleasure,they give me ''high fives''' and their parents love it when i use their words for goodbye ,hello, see you later,..........learned today 'shukram' and Ma salama'' (thanyou and goodbye)..,but also learned them ''ey up duck'' ............funny hearing north africans saying 'ey up duck,...........

Then the Indian or Pakistanis turned up,.......at first dead leary..........said they had booked the Astro pitch....but nothing on the system saying this.....told them and they started swearing, told them to desist.......and i'll sort it, carry on and i won't............anyway sorted it.........offered my services as football coach £35 per hour........they declined,...........then watched em play..............they needed me.........lol.............all shook my hand at the end.........and have made permanent bookings...........result............

• Like 3

I enjoy reading positive posts like yours Ben :cool:

Unfortunately my post today is a bid 'down'. Mrs PP not so good and paramedics took her to hospital for tests this morning. Hopefully it is only a stay in for tonight. Looking like a severe chest infection... we will see what tomorrow brings. We were due to travel to our daughters in North Somerset for Christmas today :(

Ben, you are a very special man - such a good ambassador for England (and particularly Bulwell!)

PP just seen your post - so sorry that Mrs PP isn't well.  Hope she will soon be better.  

• Like 2

Sorry to hear about mrs pp.............hope tomorrow is better news mate......thinking of you............

edit....thank you Margie.....feel very humbled at your kind words............

Really sorry to hear about Mrs PP Terry.  Thinking of you both and hope she makes a speedy recovery and you’re able to still have an enjoyable time at your daughter’s.  

Just an hour away mate,no screaming kids on a plane to put up with,shame the chippy and doughnut stall were shut though

Rog

Went for a nice early morning walk with the dogs on the beach next to the Seal Sanctuary at Mablethorpe to just past Theddlethorpe.

Christmas dinner? A couple of ham sandwiches followed by a flask of coffee.

Surprised by how many people were about on the beach, but the sun was shining and despite the breeze it was quite warm (11 degrees)

Decided to drive into Mablethorpe itself in the late afternoon but the place was like a ghost town... deserted. I couldn't recognise any of the frontage, although the last time I went there was around 1959! Next a meander through Sutton on Sea. Again couldn't recognise the place...?

With darkness falling we headed back inland through Alford, it's a lot bigger now than I remember...

All in all an enjoyable outing, but somehow some nostalgic childhood seaside memories have been unfortunately 'updated' forever....   

• Upvote 1

So far it’s been a smashing day. Our youngest son arrived late morning and after greeting him I got the ironing board out to press his togs which were still damp from washing!   Boys eh?!!!

We went off to Harbour Heights Hotel in Sandbanks for a lovely lunch, preceded by G and Ts and champagne.  The restaurant has spectacular views over Poole Harbour and although it’s much nicer down here in the summer there were several hardy souls kite-surfing out there in the bay today.  Enjoyed our long lunch, food was really good and the service excellent.

Back here to open our pressies and relax in front of the telly.  It’s blowing a real gale out there tonight with heavy rain beating on the windows so we feel very lucky to be warm and cosy with a roof over our heads. 

Hope you Nottstalgians have had an enjoyable day so far.  

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Blustery day too in St.Just (practically Lands End) .

Went to the daughter-in-law's brothers new house which is in the process of being renovated . They just about got the kitchen and lounge and heating going but the rest still a building site ! 

One of their new neighbours came round and got talking to him .

Turns out he was an ex-Notts man from Edwalton ! He used to frequent all the same clubs , Dungeon , Beachcomber and Boat clubs etc.

His father who died in the 60s had an underwear factory in the Lace Market (could have been called Denholms ?) .

Small world !

• Upvote 2