How's your day?

I’ve heard that superstion before and my wife never washes clothes on NYD. I’ve just washed my car as it was being shown up by my wife’s which had been to the car wash on the way back from shopping. I thought I might be in trouble if I washed mine tomorrow and as I’m the oldest one in the family I don’t want to tempt providence as we’ve got a rather nice meal lined up which I don’t want to miss!;)

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

I wish it was Margie. That was a Morgan +8 I had back in the 80’s. It’s still going strong though with only about thirty thousand on the clock. I sold it to make the space to build a Caterham 7. I sold the Caterham to a man who was just recovering from a heart attack. Not really a wise choice under the circumstances!

I have never washed on NYD never thought why, told mum about topic and she said her mother told her never to wash and she told me. So its always been tucked away somewhere .................

Thought one of my sons and a Grandson were camping for new year up a Welsh mountain......but just had a phone call they've been in Belguim last couple of days,decided at last minute to drive there....Brugge and Antwerp......but came home tonight.......both are single and fancy free,came home tonight cos they have dates in Nottingham !

How times have changed eh, in my day it would have been a toss up between Skeg or Mablethorpe,not Brugges or Antwerp, anyway they now want to know whats a 'Walloon'........bless em........History lessons when i see em..........lol.

Just pinched the words below from Facebook and thought it was worth posting on here.   Perhaps I'll try and follow the advice for my New Year's Resolution...

Be thankful that you don’t already have everything you desire,
If you did, what would there be to look forward to?

Be thankful when you don’t know something
For it gives you the opportunity to learn.

Be thankful for the difficult times.
During those times you grow.

Be thankful for your limitations
Because they give you opportunities for improvement.

Be thankful for each new challenge
Because it will build your strength and character.

Be thankful for your mistakes
They will teach you valuable lessons.

Be thankful when you’re tired and weary
Because it means you’ve made a difference.

It is easy to be thankful for the good things.
A life of rich fulfillment comes to those who are
also thankful for the setbacks.

GRATITUDE can turn a negative into a positive.
Find a way to be thankful for your troubles
and they can become your blessings.
~ Author Unknown

• Like 8

Phil, I'll explain it to you when I see you at the next meet up......

5 minutes ago, philmayfield said:

Too deep for me. I’m off to bed!:(

Good evening/morning all.

Belated Christmas/Birthday and New Year greetings to all as appropriate.  Been a bit busy.

Good to see Hippo Girl posting. :)

Love those lines Margie.

Col

My day/night one of those nights, been up most of the night could not sleep. Get out laptop visit Nottstalgia  seeing as most of my post are in the night please forgive me members if I ramble on.

Loppy and Jill. Is this the piece you both mentioned. Nowt wrong with it, better than a lot of his other stuff. To be honest, I more enjoy seeing the piece played than just listening to it. What it needs is a banjo accompaniment .

• Like 2
1 hour ago, mary1947 said:

My day/night one of those nights, been up most of the night could not sleep

Just lay on the edge of the bed, you'll soon drop off ...

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
16 hours ago, katyjay said:

Doing a bit of laundry today, it always sticks in my mind what my mother-in-law used to say. Wash clothes on New Year's Day and you wash someone out of the family. Not normally a superstitious person, but I've never risked it! 

I knew there was a saying to this, i just couldnt remember. Do we get to choose? :laughing:

Temperature at 0700hrs this morning was -3°C.....just cold enough to have frozen the overnight rain making it near impossible to open the zip on the tent this morning! When I came to take the tent down, it was frozen to the ground! Anyway, had a restful night despite the midnight fireworks down in the village a mile away.  By 0830 I had been out on the bike and cooked a bowl of hot porridge ready to warm me up :)  I wonder if I will continue my tradition next year?  

• Like 3