How's your day?

Re Diane Bish and the Gigue Fugue.  I doubt if there is a banjo player who could keep up with her Chulla.  She Is quite the organist.  We don't seem to hear so much of her these days.

That is quite the organ too.  The Ruffatti (spelling) organ at Coral Ridge Presbyterian in Florida.  Amazing instrument.

• Like 1
  • Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

My year has had a lovely start, my daughter has gone for lunch with her best friends the first time since her op last december, she has always refused saying people stare. Her year has been poor last 2 months even more so, her friends have tried all year but she would only go out with us have dropped them in town just said call when you want to go home. I admit there were tears so happy she at last is moving forward in her life.

• Like 10

I fully understand your daughter's feelings Gem. I've had Mrs C pushing me around in a wheelchair for awhile & I didn't like it at all in fact I felt quite self conscious all the time. No need to but a big change like that will take some getting used to. Thankfully now back to my Tri-walker & now on really short journeys my walking stick.

Point out to your daughter to hold her head up & don't give a toss what some people might think,

• Like 2

I have had calls from both  my grandaughters.........mam says she's out, who's she with where is she,told them both mam is the adult you are the child. Youngest with a flair for exageration "nearly had a heart attack" when she said she was out, still out and enjoying herself.

I all ways think that people who can play what I call a proper organ like the one above would make great helicopter pilots.

If you can manage 4 keyboards with 2 sets of keys each, 2 sets of foot pedals and more stops, knobs and buttons that you can shake a stick at all at the same time flying a chopper would be easy-peasy.

• Like 2

I've flown a small helicopter, horrible little things. Driving a car is more complex. it doesn't give you any confidence when they show you that the rotor is driven by a large fan belt, no gears involved!

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Jill Sparrow said:

I can play the organ but I don't like heights...altitude makes me go deaf!

Y'd be no good on the very top row of keys then, Jill?! :) 

• Like 1

First question I asked Loppy, "when was that last changed" To make it go up you twist the throttle and pull on a lever (the collective) which puts pressure on a pully to tighten the belt!

On ‎01‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 8:45 AM, Waddo said:

Just lay on the edge of the bed, you'll soon drop off ...

HA HA very funny

Hospital appointment today (Queens) 3.30,.........thought Tram or Drive?....decided to drive.......straight there parked easy..........went to have a small skin growth looked at on a sensitive part of my Anatomy (no not there lol).........Doctor examined it and said ''two choices,surgery or freeze treatment''....chose the freeze treatment,think its called ''Cryotherapy'',.........stung a bit but not too bad.........they told me problem should just drop off'' in a few days ,(good job it was'nt where you all thought at first)......:biggrin:

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

park_museum.png

Found this old school photograph of a visit to Saltwell Park Museum.  Was I ever that young, about 1955 I think that's me the  one in the silly hat.

• Like 9

Fab pic Gem.

Col

• Like 1

Took Bailey for his three year Rabies shot this a.m.  Typical Bailey.  He just acted like it was nothing.  Apparently Jake howled after we left. He's become very attached to his dog.   Bailey is up to 44 pounds from 30 now.  Vet said he's in great shape.  He's never had it so good.  Lives like a king.  Sleeping in the recliner now.

• Like 2

Ey up loppy, glad Bailey doing well, 

What time is it in Georga?

And ey up Col you night owl,

I'm up cos me frozen bit is throbbing, 

• Like 1

Ey up Loppy and Ben.

I'm up because I forgot to go to bed. Just off now..  :)

Night all.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, DJ360 said:

Bailey is up to 44 pounds from 30 now.  Vet said he's in great shape.  He's never had it so good.  Lives like a king.  Sleeping in the recliner now.

I'm so glad you adopted him, Loppy! He's a lovely looking boy!

• Like 1
20 hours ago, benjamin1945 said:

Hospital appointment today (Queens) 3.30,.........thought Tram or Drive?....decided to drive.......straight there parked easy..........went to have a small skin growth looked at on a sensitive part of my Anatomy (no not there lol).........Doctor examined it and said ''two choices,surgery or freeze treatment''....chose the freeze treatment,think its called ''Cryotherapy'',.........stung a bit but not too bad.........they told me problem should just drop off'' in a few days ,(good job it was'nt where you all thought at first)......:biggrin:

Just to keep you up dated..................it fell off in the shower this morning.........lol

• Like 2

Just a thought Ben.  This should probably be in the ailments thread, but I thought you might see it quicker.

Several years ago I had a spot on my back.  The doctor decided it wasn't cancerous and froze it off.  I was ok for a couple of years then it came back.  I thought I'd home remedy it this time.  I read that aloe juice is good for such things.  So I bought some and rubbed it on the spot morning and night.  It began to shrink and within a month it was gone.  Skin now as smooth as a babies bum, and thirty bucks saved.  Not to mention no soreness from freezing.  :)

• Like 2