How's your day?

Told em at the interview Lizzie.......i'm not feint hearted and not looking for long term.........they didn't seem impressed,.....so sod em.

• Like 2
  • Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, loppylugs said:

Gem...re. Silas.  Is he a Bulldog or a Boxer?  I'm not quite sure from the photo.

Bulldog,  got short legs and a body like a barrel.  When he was taken to the vets when found the rescue were told he was a bulldog.

On 07/01/2018 at 6:59 PM, loppylugs said:

Gem...re. Silas.  Is he a Bulldog or a Boxer?  I'm not quite sure from the photo.

Loppy took your advice and looked up Georgia Bulldogs, he has the attributes of the breed in body/head and short legs. He is very loving and obedient, to lazy to be anything else. The last dog we owned was a Johnson American bulldog, we bought her from a recommeded breeder that we found on their site, took her to training class as advised. They are called the nanny dog and in our grandaughters case so true, she followed her everywhere including bath time and the toilet the only place she was't allowed was in her bed. No bad dogs only bad owners.

Gem

• Like 2

I have heard you have to watch Bulldogs for respiratory problems because of their short snout.  Other than that I'm sure they are great.  I love 'em all.  Gave King Bailey a bath today.  He didn't like it that much but he looks and smells better tonight. :rolleyes:  I strip down to me shorts and get into the walk in shower with him.  Seems the easiest way, because you are going to get wet when he shakes.  Then I try and towel him off as much as I can before I let him out.  The bathroom stays drier that way.   LOL.

• Like 1

A neighbour of ours across the street moved out about 20 years ago to a nearby village, then back to a house close by and then last week to a house back in our street.  Not that that has anything to do with anything..  BUT.. he now has a van parked on his drive with the legend 'Dial a Dogwash'.  Not sure he does Transatlantic service.. but I could get him to give you a call Loppy!

• Like 1

Used to have one of those around here called the 'Whisker Wagon'. Blowed if I'm gonna pay them to do summat I can do meself.  It's bein' so cheap keeps me goin'.

Actually I have paid to have Bailey trimmed.  His coat grows long.  I have Some electric trimmers but I can't get near him with 'em. :rolleyes:

Jill......I'd think trying to bath a cat would be pretty dangerous to the owner.  :biggrin:

I don't have any animals in need of washing.  However, I can't even be bothered to wash the car anymore.  By the time I've got the hosepipe out and filled buckets with warm water and shampoo etc., I can be at the local carwash, pay about a fiver and it's done. Then if we get a nice warm but cloudy summer's day (as opposed to the cold but cloudy norm..), I might wax the car and do all the 'detail' cleaning.  It's just a car.

Col

• Like 1

Exactly, I had loads of useless cleaning tat for Christmas which I've just chucked under the sink with last years input. 

Balmy summer days, yes, I'll give it a go, but at the moment, I'll settle on the car wash just down the road for a £2.50 Wash 1.

Attended service consists of a wheel clean, and a soapy brush around the windows, then a whizz through the machine. 

That'll do me once a fortnight !

Well I know we run a thread 'things you don't see anymore' but I have just seen the like of something I have never seen before. Cadent are renewing all the gas mains and service pipes in our area by passing plastic pipe through the old cast iron main, to accomplish this they have to dig a hole in front of every house where the service pipe connects to the main.

This morning a man turns up saws through the top layer of paving and removes it to be later picked up by a grab lorry. 5 minutes ago 4 chaps turn up with something that looks like a very large 'gully sucker' it is in fact a giant radio controlled vacuum cleaner 3 guys set about loosening the infill and the forth just hoovers it up. Not seen the like before, 2 or 3 minutes the hole is not only dug its vacuum cleaned, never even used a brush.....

• Like 1

IMG-5957163c143a8f24bde4f5037b237936-_V.h,ttps://postimages.org/]IMG-26c1ae6892fc543a6d06da801c0b7bf0-_V.[/url]

Picked these two up this afternoon Ben and Silas thought it was their dinner. They belong to my daughter i would'nt have them gift wrapped, winge to much.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

First one is cutish, but the second one..... Oh dear !

• Like 1

When you think that the poodle was originally a working dog, a retriever used on the marshes in France, what have they done.

Not a lot of people know but Andrew Kettles the vet on Gregory Blvd was a keen shooter and he had a lovely full size chocolate poodle as his gun dog

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, FLY2 said:

First one is cutish, but the second one..... Oh dear !

Oh dear is right he should have blue bands in his hair lol.  The tiny pomeranium has what is called a lion cut heavy round its face short over back.IMG-5957163c143a8f24bde4f5037b237936-_V.

• Upvote 2
On 09/01/2018 at 7:03 PM, Gem said:

IMG-5957163c143a8f24bde4f5037b237936-_V.h,ttps://postimages.org/]IMG-26c1ae6892fc543a6d06da801c0b7bf0-_V.[/url]

Picked these two up this afternoon Ben and Silas thought it was their dinner. They belong to my daughter i would'nt have them gift wrapped, winge to much.

Don't you have any mouse traps?

First bad experience this morning in 'Wethers' Bulwell,

1. no coffee

2.no heating

3.cold bacon sandwich

4.me geezer pals not in.

5.place nearly empty,except for Catfans favourite, screaming kids.

6.Bulwell itself,few people about,dark and dreary

7.therefore no friendly banter or even ey-up ducks.

the day can only get better'''''''''''''

• Like 2

Quite surprised to hear that you've still got half day closing in The People's Republic, thought this had gone by the time shopping seemed compulsory 7 days a week.

The Shop Hours Act was brought in at the start of the 20th Century to give shop staff an entitlement to a five and a half day week, consolidated by The Shops Act 1912. Now that we are heading back to Victorian work hours it's good to see that that The People's Republic of Bulwell is staking a claim for workers rights!

• Like 1

Been in a lot on Thursdays,     but today was truly depressing........NO COFFEE.......could'nt believe it !!

35 minutes ago, catfan said:

Thursday half day in Bulwell Ben !

When did this daft idea of half day closing start & why ?

I'm sure its not half day closing Mick........that ended in the 60s in my Marsdens days......used to play in the Notts thursday league football for Notts Corinthians run by Redmayne and Todd,.........no longer exists,........good standard of football it was too,..........City Police,County Police,Baker and Plumb,Coop Dairy,Forest B, cant remember the others..........