How's your day?

On 11/01/2018 at 10:00 PM, Gem said:

DJ that's not very nice,  no mouse traps but a new member of our family keeps trying to sit on the little Pom. 

Only jesting Gem.  I wouldn't see the little funny things come to any harm..

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

Thats certainly a lovely tyipical bulwell photo Gem, up the alley,get me feet beautified there by Svetlana,

• Like 1
11 hours ago, benjamin1945 said:

Ref above...........man with ''Essential Tremor''              You might think i was rude to ask him,..but as he said to me  ''no one as ever asked him straight out''  and he was happy to relate to me,         I am one to start casual conversations with strangers and over the years have met and  got to know people thru this......often lonely people who no one speaks to and i believe it helps their day, next time i see him will be nice because i now know his name and him mine,..............as 'Bob Hoskins' used to say 'its good to talk''

Too many people don't instigate a casual conversation............or is it just me that thinks this ?

Certainly isn't Paul.  As you now know.. I can talk for England. :)

Anyone and everyone.

I think a lot of people are just shy.  They are happy to talk once you break the ice. That said, you are usually wise to leave yourself an escape route in case you land yourself with a real pain.

I'll possibly be in 'Wethies' Boowull Monday morning 15th Jan.  .. Fair warning so you can plan your escape.....  ;)

Col

• Like 1

Indeed Paul.  Convivial erudition and waxing lyrical are cornerstones of civilisation.  :)

11 hours ago, Gem said:

bulwell.jpg

Catfan i'm sure that you will be able to identify this image and tell me about it, was taken a number of years ago. It caught my intrest  as it looked old. timber style building.

This is an easy one Gem, it's the Tudor Court Shopping Arcade in Bulwell Market tucked between two shops with another entrance on Commercial Road.

This is the entrance on Commercial Road.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@53.0014931,-1.1974586,3a,75y,7.67h,86.49t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1soUT6i4u-uOdMmmxSwgv_Uw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656?hl=en

• Like 1

Nice coffee, good breakfasts, but oh so noisy.

Thanks Catfan, my memory of it was a lot nicer, i put Tudor Court in google search and found a picture nearer my memory. We are visiting friends " no relatives"  in a few weeks who live at Mapperly Park so a visit could be on my list.

• Like 1

Work today might of got mesen sacked (be a first) top client abusing young staff member..........told him alter your language or i'll put you out and your party (150 of em) lol'........he eventually apologised ,.......purely bad manners, and i won't have it......sad thing is staff member did'nt even thank me.........but ey ho,

Enjoy what i do,but i'll do it the way i want with some old values and if they don't like it i'm off anyway............

• Like 6

Right on Ben.   Far to much bullying and abuse.  If a few more would do what you did it might deter it a bit.  You should get a medal not the sack.

Different topic.      I haven't seen Jill around on here for a day or two.  Hope she's ok.

• Like 2

Saw she was on a few minutes ago.......she'll be back giving it some..........love you Jill...........talk to us............lol.

• Like 2

Love you too Ben! Life has been very hectic these last 4 weeks. You may remember that a close friend was rushed to hospital in mid December. Since then, its been one long round of racing about, hospital visiting, cat minding, checking on his house, going to work, etc, etc. Not much time for anything else.

Although my friend came close to death, things are now greatly improved. The cause? Thyroid failure! We don't give that pesky little gland much thought but, believe me, it can kill given the right circumstances!

Friend now moved to community hospital until well enough to go home. 

Although not posting much, I've been monitoring what everyone's up to! ;)

• Like 5

Another letter from the Criminal Justice System containing a cheque for £34. This is the 5th or 6th cheque for compensation from when my pick up truck was stolen 4 years ago. A gang of 8 were convicted for organised theft of Toyota pick up trucks. During the past 3 years all have been convicted for different levels of culpability and for how they pleaded. As each case is settled I get a share of the compo. Taking a long time but I am hoping that they have saved Mr Big for last. This gang stole 200 trucks before being arrested! Often wondered if my truck is still in use in some nasty micro war, maybe toting a machine gun.  My grandchildren jokingly called it the Taliban wagon - who knows?

• Like 1

That's what comes with Jeremy Clarkson  showing everyone how tough they are. If I knew how to do it, I would put a clip of the show on, but no doubt a lot of folk's will have seen the show I mean.

4 hours ago, Jill Sparrow said:

Although my friend came close to death, things are now greatly improved. The cause? Thyroid failure! We don't give that pesky little gland much thought but, believe me, it can kill given the right circumstances!

Too right. I've been told never to run out of my Levothyroxene. I hope your friend makes a full recovery.

• Like 1

I gave your post a like, but I meant it for the fact you are ok.  Sorry to hear of your friend's health problems and hoping for a good outcome.   Don't overdo it gal.  It's a long way to come to give you a bunch of flowers.  ;). Somebody's got to take care of those moggies too.

• Like 1

spent a pleasant hour with Col DJ360 in Wethers this morning.........we spoke Nostalgic of old Bestwood estate and other things,  nice to see you Col, from Donna as well........hope you had safe journey home

• Like 4

Oddly enough..I spent a very pleasant hour with Ben in Wethies this morning.  Always nice to catch up with an old Bestwoodian, especially a true gent like Ben.  And of course an extra pleasure to meet his lovely lady Donna.

Am home safe now and planning further adventures. :)

Sadly, I'm going to a funeral in Liverpool tomorrow.  A chap who I was introduced to by my mate Picko from Nottm, but who was a true Scouser.  Once I was introduced to him as Picko's friend, that was it.  I too was accepted as a friend.

Picko and I went to see him just a few weeks ago.  He was clearly in deep trouble with not long left, but he seemed really pleased to see us. A truly lovely bloke and a sad loss. Unfortunately, Picko can't be at the funeral tomorrow as he can't get away from Nottm, so I'll make sure I go and pass on his condolences.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

P.S.  I was sitting in Boowul Wethies this morning thinking I'd probably missed Benjamin and idly looking around.  I was thinking about the number of (mostly) old chaps, older than me, sitting there drinking beer at 10:30 in the morning.  I was drinking coffee and feeling a bit smug. but then I don't go past many evenings without downing a few.. so who am I to be smug?  

Then it suddenly hit me that this scene is repeated all over the world.  Older, retired men, and a few women, sitting somewhere.. enjoying a chat.. watching the World go by. Maybe drinking a coffee, or a beer, or whatever. 

It's odd.  In another setting, such as a Greek Island, or a Spanish town, it looks romantic.  In this country it can easily look a bit sad.  Maybe that's just in my head?

But it's the same thing.  It's older people staying in touch with their friends, or just seeking a bit of company, or just being motivated enough to get out of the house. 

Maybe the ones we should worry about are those we don't see.

Col

• Like 8
  • Upvote 1
9 hours ago, DJ360 said:

Then it suddenly hit me that this scene is repeated all over the world.  Older, retired men, and a few women, sitting somewhere.. enjoying a chat.. watching the World go by. Maybe drinking a coffee, or a beer, or whatever. 

It's odd.  In another setting, such as a Greek Island, or a Spanish town, it looks romantic.  In this country it can easily look a bit sad.  Maybe that's just in my head?

The difference might also be that on a Greek island or in Spain, they'd be sitting around outdoors in a warm, sunny climate. Unlike Bulwell.