How's your day?

1 hour ago, catfan said:

Those drinkers you saw at 10.30 am are most likely the same one's in there at 8.00 am !

As I understand it Mike, they don't start serving booze until 9:00 am, which is still a bit early for me...  My mate Picko is usually in there before 9:00 with his gang.  They call it their 'coffee club'.  They have a coffee and a natter and then leave when the beer starts flowing at 9:00.

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

I wonder why drinking beer in the morning is frowned on. Are early doors drinkers more likely to be objectionable or more aggresive than night time drinkers? Like Col I've 'tut tutted' at them but can think of no logical reason why.

• Like 1

When i drink its only in the evening............if i drank in the morning i'd be out of it for the rest of the day.......these early morning drinkers are on the whole a nice bunch of chaps and it suits their life-style.......retired and mostly single......good luck to em.....whatever makes you happy i say..........

They are not nasty or trouble makers........but when i get in and served at 2 minutes to nine for me Espresso it does wind em up, especially when i say 'cheers lads'...........lol.

Funny today in there.......went for a Cig out the back ,it was bleddy freezing,and two ladies about my age were shivering and huddled together having a smoke.......'can i join you Ladies ?'       cause you can duck''.......so huddled together with em,....never seen em before but we all know each other now''.....both refused to meet me one night.........:rolleyes:

• Like 2

Work trying to blow leaves but we had give up as too windy and wind kept changing direction.so couldn t make leaves go where we wanted.but nearly all done on park . Next pruning.....

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Thanks WW.  We are very fortunate to live in a semi rural location.  It is nice and quiet apart from the odd Coyote or whippoorwill in the warmer days.  Don't know what we will do as we age.  We need a car to get anywhere.  No buses, or taxis.  Quite a lot of yard work.  One day at a time I guess.

You've got to be joking!  :biggrin:. I know I lived in Canada but I wasn't staying out there a minute longer than necessary.  It is a damp cold out there that doesn't go round you. It goes through you.  Lol.

Loppy

18 minutes ago, loppylugs said:

Thanks WW.  We are very fortunate to live in a semi rural location.  It is nice and quiet apart from the odd Coyote or whippoorwill in the warmer days.  Don't know what we will do as we age.  We need a car to get anywhere.  No buses, or taxis.  Quite a lot of yard work.  One day at a time I guess.

you have shattered all my thoughts as to how you lived out there,..........no Horse ? or even a Stagecoach ?

Wells Fargo hey, great stuff...Dale Robertson remember him ?..............love to have ''Rode Shotgun''.....thru the Badlands...............lol.

• Upvote 1

Not too many badlands around here, Ben.  You've got to go up to the South Dakota area for those.  I've got some home movie of it somewhere.  Strange country, dry, dusty, Rattlesnakes etc.. Even the odd missile silo.  I got to go in one of those.  Now out of service. The park service keeps it up.  Scary, hard to imagine being thirty odd feet underground in a bunker for days at a time, knowing you are a prime target.  Just waiting for a phone call with the right codes to turn the key.  Gave you the creeps just to be down there.

Always loved the Cowboys Loppy......we grew up on em dint we..............i'm an old Prat now but still dream of being a Cowboy........John Wayne,Clint Eastwood,Randolph Scott and all that ilk..........not forgetting Richard Widmark,.Glen Ford..Lee Marvin...Gary Cooper,..Charles Bronson,..Alan Ladd....oh i could go on........twat ai'nt i...........lol.

Anyone wants to argue.........Bulwell Main street at dawn............whistling sound a la clint Eastwood.................lol

• Like 2

Streets of Laredo.  That's about the only thing I can play on the mouth organ.  Streets of Bulwell.  Just doesn't sound the same does it.

Even if they are more dangerous.

Bulwell bogs ar noon, boy!  :biggrin:

• Like 2

Re the top picture, Loppy. If that was England there wouldn't be just three properties on that amount of land; there would be a dozen at least.