• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

Oh an icy pavement. That's ok, you can't blame the wine then Lizzie. Hopefully the wrist will improve today.

• Upvote 1

Take care do not fall if you can possibly help it.

In contrast to falls from greater heights, ground-level falls – essentially falls from a standing position, with feet touching the ground prior to the fall – have traditionally been considered minor injuries. A new study suggests older adults – who experience ground-level falls are much more likely to be severely injured.

Oh whilst I am handing out advice its a good idea to get younger folk to go up ladders for you they are more likely to bounce.

35 minutes ago, siddha said:

Take care do not fall if you can possibly help it.

Now it can be told. Thinking that you have had enough of my medical problems I have not reported that back in October I fractured my right shoulder. I was crossing Hucknall Road outside of the hospital; it was rush hour with the traffic solid and creeping along. I walked, safely, in front of a lorry with a big gap in front of it. I did not trip but felt myself stumbling forwards. I could not save myself and fell heavily. Keeping my head high I fell on my right shoulder. I could not get up, and the lorry driver got out of his cab and helped me to the pavement. The shoulder felt sore, the bus came and I went home. An hour later I was in the doctors, who said she could not detect anything broken. Next day I was in QMC A&E where and x-ray showed a big crack just below the ball and socket. What followed was the most inconvenient two months of my life. For 78 years I have used my right hand/arm to do almost everything. Now it was only my left hand/arm. My God, talk about inconvenience. Climbing Everest was easier than getting out of bed. Even wiping my backside left-handed was totally alien. No driving. Hospital visits for checks and exercise routines. I am almost back to normal now (but not quite). It should not surprise you that there is no-one on this planet who is more careful than me when they are walking. The only advantage of this predicament was that I had three months without drying the pots.    

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

At least there's one saving grace then Dave. 

1 hour ago, Chulla said:

Now it can be told. Thinking that you have had enough of my medical problems I have not reported that back in October I fractured my right shoulder. I was crossing Hucknall Road outside of the hospital; it was rush hour with the traffic solid and creeping along. I walked, safely, in front of a lorry with a big gap in front of it. I did not trip but felt myself stumbling forwards. I could not save myself and fell heavily. Keeping my head high I fell on my right shoulder. I could not get up, and the lorry driver got out of his cab and helped me to the pavement. The shoulder felt sore, the bus came and I went home. An hour later I was in the doctors, who said she could not detect anything broken. Next day I was in QMC A&E where and x-ray showed a big crack just below the ball and socket. What followed was the most inconvenient two months of my life. For 78 years I have used my right hand/arm to do almost everything. Now it was only my left hand/arm. My God, talk about inconvenience. Climbing Everest was easier than getting out of bed. Even wiping my backside left-handed was totally alien. No driving. Hospital visits for checks and exercise routines. I am almost back to normal now (but not quite). It should not surprise you that there is no-one on this planet who is more careful than me when they are walking. The only advantage of this predicament was that I had three months without drying the pots.    

Really glad to hear you're on the mend Dave, must be something contagious, only this morning I read on here about LizzieM slipping over, Lets be careful out there people !

• Like 5

Sat in a well known cafe this morning in Bulwell & a bloke walks in,orders his tea & toast & then sits down, nowt odd there you think but his skirt & bright pink finger nails made me realise something wasn't quite right. ooerr.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

How about this for getting out of drying the pots:

Tea towels/dishcloths etc are potential breeding grounds for all sorts of nasty organisms which easily get transferred to the pots during hand drying. Far more hygienic to allow the pots to drain and air dry before putting away. :)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
29 minutes ago, catfan said:

Sat in a well known cafe this morning in Bulwell & a bloke walks in,orders his tea & toast & then sits down, nowt odd there you think but his skirt & bright pink finger nails made me realise something wasn't quite right. ooerr.

You mean it didn't quite fit right?  :crazy:

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, catfan said:

Or as Mrs C insists, a clean unused tea towell every time !

Dishwasher is the way to go, pot's all come out dry ready for the cupboard.

15 hours ago, LizzieM said:

Been in the Lincolnshire Poacher tonight to listen to a friend of ours and his mate performing, (Baron Lewis) they apparently have live music in there on a Sunday night.  We’d never heard him singing before and we’re pleasantly surprised, it was a great night.  Walked there and back from home as it’s not too far but slipped over on the icy pavement when I was nearly home, landed on my bum and hurt my wrist. It’s not swollen but really painful right now.  Hopefully it’ll be improved in the morning!

hope you feeling better Lizzie, too much Merlot on Mansfield road, stick to lattes in Deliliah !!!!LOL 

of course until we get together in that undisclosed location at the end of each month , when you need a few Merlots to keep pace with the music and the people 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, LizzieM said:

You lot will be giving me a bad reputation.  These allegations of alcohol being the cause of my little accident last night are completely unfounded!! 

We believe you Lizzie but thousands wouldn't !  smile2

Happy to report there’s a slight improvement with my wrist, luckily it’s my left one.  Thanks all for your concern, even though most of you think it’s self-inflicted!  

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1