• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

I agree with all you say Jill,a good example is my brother in law (Lincolnshire) a few years ago we took him and his wife all over the place,Bridlington,York,Leicester,loughborough etc yet when I was in hospital they never came to see Mrs P or ask if she needed any shopping fetching (she doesn't drive and the bus service is hit and miss out here),fast forward four years and they never contacted us until last summer when we were in Edinburgh on holiday, he said "can you bring your welder round to our house I want some driveway gates welding,dint even ask if I was ok before asking,as far as I know he still needs his gates welding

Rog

• Like 6

You are ex Bulwell lad Rog ! it shows too, Your kindness in transporting me & Mrs C to the SH meetup was sincerely appreciated by us & your visit to visit me in the QMC, same as Chulla & Dawson was also appreciated too !

LizzieM also offered transport to the meetup too.

Genuine kind people.

• Like 4

Do unto others as you would have them do to you (unless they want some welding doing in Lincolnshire) slywink

Rog

• Like 5

It's funny how folks from such a short distance apart can be so different. 

That's one thing I will say for Americans.  I've always found them to be for the most part decent good natured helpful folks.  Well remember our very first trip to the US.  The border agent asked us the usual questions.  Where are you from. Where are you going. we told him New York State.  He then said.  Do you have any friends there.  I said no.  He responded, well maybe you'll make some.  Have good trip. A good first impression.

• Like 5
1 hour ago, catfan said:

LizzieM also offered transport to the meetup too.

It would have been no problem Catfan but I’d do it for anyone ....... well not sure about Compo, he’d have to get to Midland Station!  

• Like 3
5 hours ago, Jill Sparrow said:

Our next door neighbour's daughter, when I was a child, married a man from Louth. His mother in law disliked him. He had been a market gardener in Louth and grew all sorts of things in his garden in Clifton. CT will know who I'm talking about.

My brain isn't working. Give me a clue....

A more money-grubbing person I have never met!

We haven't met yet have we Jill..................

slywink

12 hours ago, MelissaJKelly said:

Sorry I've not been very active on here as of late. I have been really busy with work and moving into a new home. Hope everyone is well

Well Melissa, we were thinking of sending out a search party for you !

Nice to know you are well & posting again !

• Like 1

A real first today, one of those never before days.

Get a phone call from the letting agency "So and so has just reported their boiler leaking can you call please."

Lad arrives and is amazed to see water pouring from the balanced flue terminal, so much so he takes a video because he knows no one will believe him. Entering the property he finds water again pouring from the bottom of the boiler and 2" deep on the floor. "Good God, how long has it been like this?" he asks "Oh about 3 weeks since the beast from the East" says the tenant. Looking round he sees water dripping from the ceiling, the hot water cylinder has also gone.

Totally gob smacked he again videos the boiler, turns off the water and reports back to the agency.

The kitchen units are ruined and the dwelling uninhabitable with no heating or hot water.

Then they wonder why they have just received an hand delivered eviction notice.

Oh and relating to other threads it's in......................Sutton in Ashfield

• Like 1

My day not very interesting. 10 am I had an ECG DINAMIC HOLTER (24 hr ) fitted. So now I'm strapped up like a salami complete with netting. I can't bend over as the electrodes dig in and theyve made a mark of irritation.

Went to dr the other day for a thing that I was worried about. ie. not walking properly as if I was drunk ( no I wasnt ) anyway after a few questions and examining me  he sent me for an Ecg. Which I had the other day

Tomorrow I have this contraption off and Monday I have another type of ecg under force. My heart rythm is very irregular apparently. I've never noticed it though so I'm a bit worried.

Lets see what monday brings, its probably nothing at all.