• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

Had a gentle stroll in to Bulwell this morning sun shining & felt quite good. Then noticed the loud organ player begging outside Wilko's, so went over & gave him a tip.

"Instead of begging, get a proper job" was my contribution.

• Like 1

Ha ha, all charm aren't you Mike ? He was still there at lunchtime, so presumably he ignored you. 

2 hours ago, loppylugs said:

Hi Col.

tried to pm you but it said you weren't receiving messages.  Don't know if it's my rotten  IPad or summat else.  Drop me a note if you can.

Sorry, my inbox was full Loppy.  I've cleared it a bit now..

Just back from Th'Optishiuns..

Have needed new specs for a while but Specsavers put me right off last time.  Anyway. Just been to Boots.  A much nicer experience all round.  As you'd expect my eyes have deteriorated a bit since my last new specs some 15 or more years ago.  Generally all ok though.  All the blood vessels in my eyes are fine, which is reassuring considering the state of the ones in my ticker...

Bit of an issue with the pressures in my eyes so referred to the hospital for checks.  Probably nowt.  Also beginnings of a cataract in left eye but again.. not much to stress about.  If that's the worst I've got wrong with my sight at 69 I reckon I'm well off.

Am I the only one who gets quietly annoyed when I show a picture, or a bit of text to somebody and they say 'I can't see it.. haven't got me specs' .. or worse.. 'I could do with some specs'...   How do they cope with normal life?

Anyway.. spent more than I dare say on two new pairs of specs with fancy varifocals, reactive lenses, thin lenses, fancy coatings etc.

Beans on toast for a bit I reckon... :)

Col

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Lovely to be back in sunny Bulwell this morning............met with old friends in Wethers,    and couple of cousins in Main st........nice to get the ''ey up ducks'' instead of 'Hola's'' and all to the sound of some bloke playing an Organ thing''........felt like dancing........lol.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1
1 hour ago, DJ360 said:

Sorry, my inbox was full Loppy.  I've cleared it a bit now..

Wondered why you hadn't responded to mine a couple of days ago!

31 minutes ago, plantfit said:

It wont our Loppy was it trying to work his passage back to the big country?

Rog

A couple of days of my playing and they'd chuck me overboard.  ;)

Margie.  We need to get him an inbox sweeper if such a thing exists.  :flyswat:

• Like 1

Went down to Bassingham this morning with the old fella who's got the broken leg,I pushed him down the cycle/footpath between our two villages in the wheelchair,the sun was shining and it had a fair bit of warmth in it,skylarks were singing above the fields and the sparrows chattering away in the hedgerows,got down to the Hammond hall where they hold the coffee morning,quite a few folk in there including mums with babies and toddlers,it was good to see some of the older villagers enjoying the hall as well as young mothers and the little ones,anyway,one cup of tea and a packet of "two" biscuits for Roy and a coffee and packet of "two" biscuits for me for the grand sum of £1.30, you can't go wrong at that can you, got talking to one of the helpers and she told me to take Roy to the bingo session they have once a fortnight,they also have a lunch club where for the grand sum of £3.00 you can have a roast dinner and a pudding, Roy said he was going to make the effort and go to these functions when he's had the cast of his leg and he can walk unaided,he's got a car so getting theres not a problem but he said he's going to try and walk down the path it's only a mile and half to the hall,I consider the visit to the hall a success because it got him out of the house and it sounds like it's given him a purpose in life, Me? after getting home and sorting him out I got my car washed,planted some more seeds in pots in the greenhouse,tied in the clematis and climbing rose tree near the front gate,I'm trying to get them to grow along the fence this year after the stormy weather took out the rose arch some months ago, got dinner ready for when Mrs P got home,now time for me to have a sit down and relax (I hope)

Rog

• Like 7

Don’t relax for too long Rog. Remember my order for the smoked salmon parcels, filet mignon and crepes Suzette. Oh and a bottle of Chateau Lafitte Rothschild please. I know it’s it’s a bit extravagant for a Monday and my wife was going to give me stew but since I’ve been having your meals on wheels my broken leg is starting to feel much better. I shall be in the Old Coach House at Southwell from 9pm. They don’t serve food there so you won’t be treading on their toes. :biggrin:

• Like 3
On 3/23/2018 at 11:40 AM, IAN123. said:

You gerraway with murder Carfan!

Nonna i do hope all goes well..detected the same with me..all on the mend...though slowly..get well soon.

Ian.

As per our conversation last week Ian, the wheels have been put in motion ! ;)

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, catfan said:

Dinner & pudding for £3 ? Can anyone go ? 

Apparently yes as long as you place your order in advance,don't have to live in the village

Rog

Having a mooch around in my garage today & almost forgot I have 2 section aluminum ladder gathering dust, only been used less than half a dozen times & always kept inside garage.

Bought from Wickes. Offers around £40.

https://www.wickes.co.uk/Youngman-Domestic-2-Section-Aluminium-Extension-Ladder---Max-Height-7-14m/p/104115

5 hours ago, MargieH said:

Wondered why you hadn't responded to mine a couple of days ago!

Sorry Margie!!  :(

5 hours ago, philmayfield said:

Don’t relax for too long Rog. Remember my order for the smoked salmon parcels, filet mignon and crepes Suzette. Oh and a bottle of Chateau Lafitte Rothschild please. I know it’s it’s a bit extravagant for a Monday and my wife was going to give me stew but since I’ve been having your meals on wheels my broken leg is starting to feel much better. I shall be in the Old Coach House at Southwell from 9pm. They don’t serve food there so you won’t be treading on their toes. :biggrin:

I knew it wuz a plot.. yer can go off people you know :glare:

• Like 1

Well thanks once again Rog for bringing that superb dinner into the pub last night. I thought the white tie and tails was a bit over the top but it added to the ambiance of the occasion. The moment you took the lid off the silver salver it caused a gasp from the drinkers in the bar. When you flambéd the crepe Suzette at the table and the smoke alarms went off it was a masterstroke. I did have to stand the lads from the fire brigade a round of drinks but being volunteers they did have to leave their homes to attend the false alarm. Now what’s on the menu for tonight? Broken leg nearly mended now by the way.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Good news about the leg Phil, it was a bugger trying to balance that salver and the bottle of plonk on me trike though all the way to Southwell

Rog

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Where are all the ladies lately ?..............only 4 have made a post today..............sad thing that i am, counted em.......ocd and all that.........;)

• Like 2

I'm here

Hopefully all exams finished and results are in. Everything is ok so I think I can put it all down to stress. I'm relaxing a bit more so this morning I had my blood pressure, cholesterol and blood sugar checked. although slightly higher than I would like but still acceptable.

• Like 7
  • Upvote 2

Called in to Bulwell 'Spoons to day & behold on drought in superb condition, the ruby nectar Hobgoblin at £2.15p a pint. Lime Kiln can keep theirs at nearly £3 a pint.

Like Christmas & birthday in one !

• Like 1