• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

knew him all my life,,took me fishing,,watch Forest,,home and away,,watched him Box,,always sang ''old macdonold had a farm,, on the Forest bus to Barnsley,,and in the Standard of England,, played football with him for Park Tavern,,was like an older brother and Uncle rolled into one, got me my first job at Marsdens,finally related when he married my cousin,,an absolutely beautiful man,,...............well today went to his funeral........met his kids,,and lots of second cousins.....plus lots of my cousins,much reminising,sp) about Ronald Albert Humphreys,ex Andover road,..............loved him a man in a million,...........i cried at Bramcote today along with many others........RIP Ron,

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Been working on the old engine today after visiting the old fella and making sure he was ok, took him round to the village hall for the village spring show,it was good to see so many villagers there and plenty of exhibits from photo's,cakes,flower arranging,arts and crafts and quilt making,it did him good getting out of the house and among people again,anyway, a few pictures of the show

Flower arranging, Daffodils

Carlton_le_Moorland_spring_show_(1).jpg

Cakes and jams

Carlton_le_Moorland_spring_show_(2).jpg

Model of a grand piano with ostrich egg as a lamp shade,for the musical,apparently the music on the egg is the first line of Ebony and Ivory,Paul McCartney and Michael Jackson

Carlton_le_Moorland_spring_show_(6).jpg

And a few quilts

Carlton_le_Moorland_spring_show_(9).jpg

Rog

• Like 4

Rog, looks a good little craft fair, love the daffys in bottles... they almost arrange themselves don't they...

• Like 1

PF, I love the craft fairs, I'm sure your neighbour had a good time. Very sociable events. I must say I found the second picture to be absolute torture, I couldn't tear my eyes away from that table.:biggrin:

We are off down the road to a place called Bantock Park tomorrow morning, Vintage and Antique fair, also a very interesting tea room. I hope their table resembles the one in your pictures. I may have to tarry a while if it does. Hope your neighbour treated himself to something tasty for tea.Yum Yum.:biggrin:

• Like 1

I bought him two little decorated cakes and made him a coffee when we got back to his house,he has the plaster off his leg on Tuesday, with a bit of luck it might cheer him up,although probably not, enjoy your day tomorrow, by the way I don't know if you can pick it out but on the cake table there is one that is covered with a fancy clear plastic top in front of the jams and near the pillar,I think pink icing with icing flowers all around,up for sale at only £6.00,absolute bargain if someone has a birthday coming up in a couple of weeks,

Rog

I can just make it out on the table. It sounds like a snip at £6.00. We have a couple of NS birthdays that I know too in April. Biggies as well. Me and my buddie SueB, but afraid Lincolnshire is to far to travel for a slice of cake. Even for me. Some lucky person will enjoy it I'm sure.:)

• Like 1

First saturday back at work,  great stuff, had Libyans saying eh-up-mi -duck,,couple of dances with mature ladies,,and lots of banter with some rough football types (fairy's really),..........but best of all Punjabi and Libyan kids asking where ive been..........taught the Libyan girls my bit of Spanish...some time ago......and they all told me,,,hasta luego,manyana,domingo, on leaving.......with cheeky grins,, had coffee with their teachers and discussed many things........really interesting.........love what i do........

• Like 2
On ‎05‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 6:13 PM, MargieH said:

I thought it looked a bit creepy, but didn't like to say.  Lol

doll3.jpg

No Margie this is seriously  creepy and there is one more. 

• Upvote 1

Where do you keep them, Gem?   I'd hate to wake up at night and feel it was watching me....

Panic down at cat rescue yesterday. Ramsay, the flat faced Persian had been to the vet earlier in the week and the little varmint had managed to pull his stitches out! Took 3 of us to fit him with an Elizabethan collar! It was only half way through this difficult task that we noticed 10 of his fellow moggies had gathered to watch the proceedings...or, possibly, to gloat?  Ramsay wasn't happy!

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3
10 hours ago, Gem said:

Through the day they are sitting in my bedroom on display, when I go to bed the are put in the wardrobe door shut....... 

The stuff of nightmares - especially if they are shut in a wardrobe planning their escape.

• Like 1

Yesterday, Paul had another 'go' at our big tree ... it's like he's killing it slowly!   After 2 trips to the tip this is what it looks like now.  

IMG_4149.jpg

• Like 2

They say you shouldn't cut into the old wood Margie but I have a neighbour who

cuts about five foot off his every few years. They always grow back.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, sue B 48 said:

They say you shouldn't cut into the old wood Margie but I have a neighbour who

cuts about five foot off his every few years. They always grow back.

We are going to cut it down to he ground, Sue, as it interferes with the Freesat signal and is so greedy that very little will grow under it.  I would like to have a flowerbed there, as we really don't have anywhere else - the edges of the garden are ferns,  shrubs and trees so we only  have 'woodland' borders.  I love it, but would like just one place where I can have different flowers and plants.

Here's a photo of the bottom of the garden....

IMG_1049.jpg

Ignore the one below - don't know how to delete it!

IMG_4149.jpg

• Like 3