How's your day?

Everyone who was interested in my posts  and made comments on Ben,  he went last week to start on the hard work that makes a guide dog. The training we had given him was passed as excellent so he was ready to go, its hard to let him go  when you have had him for 14months and he has been with you all the time. Miss him for many reasons.

• Like 5
  • Replies 18.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

Sounds like he'll do really well with the trading you've already given to him.  Must be real hard to see him go though.  You have my sympathy.  Try to remember the good start you have given to him.

• Like 1

Ben was our second puppy but i think he will be the last, i now live in a small fishing village so there is no traffic or large shops all things a puppy needs as part of his training. Just have to take Silas out and about he likes out but not about, lazy little devil.

• Like 4

with the trading you've already given to him.

Sorry about the typo in the earlier post.  I'm sure I typed 'training' hadn't noticed my rotten Ipad had changed it to 'trading'  You must have wondered what I was talking about.

I'm sure Ben will go on to become a wonderful guide dog and some lucky person will benefit from all the hard work you have put in, Gem. They will also love him to bits.

With a name like Ben, he'll be wowing the world with his charms!

• Like 2
16 hours ago, benjamin1945 said:

.and one who i get on really well with as invited me to go over and stay with him and his family

Never miss an opportunity - I'm sure it would be a great holiday.

• Like 1

It was foggy yesterday morning so I decided to take a bike ride up to Scottag Farm to see the old farmer who retired recently with poor health at the age of 72.  He has some seeds for an old fashioned swede that he has promised me and asked me to call in for them when passing.  He always sits in his end window looking along his track towards the road, so as I approached on my bike he saw me and waved.  By the time I got to his door it was open for me to enter.  Anyway, long story short and all that, after an hour I left and he saw me to the door (Minus  seeds - he had forgotten to look them out).  As I cycled back along his track I expected him to be in the window so I turned and waved in that direction.  Unfortunately, as I did so the bike hit the big ridge in the centre of his rough track and I went straight over the handelbars...again!  That's twice since Christmas - getting good at it now!  As I picked myself up I looked at the window but he wasn't there - he must have gone to the loo or something after I had left and fortunately, hadn't seen my comedy departure. I was on my old British made mountain bike, so no damage was done.  Had I been on my newer British-made-from-Chinese-parts bike, it would have been a different matter and I would have no doubt been picking up bits of bike from the track as well as myself :D

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, philmayfield said:

Current Government info. still advises against travel to Libya - just sayin’. ;)

I have never taken much notice of "Government Advice" myself.  Had I done so I would not have spent a wonderful couple of years in Ethiopia in the mid-80s - amongst other places.

38 minutes ago, Compo said:

I was on my old British made mountain bike, so no damage was done.

Have to agree with you Compo. I have had my Raleigh Transcend over ten years now and I have put the poor thing through some serious ordeals. Spent many times on its side in the mud, hit a few walls and pavements and apart from quite badly scratched paintwork, nothing has ever broken. Love It. I dread the day it can't take anymore and I have to have another one.:) 

Just putting my laptop down now so as we can go for a towpath ride. Not sure if it will be Staffs and Worc, Shrop Union or the Birmingham Main line.Love them all.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Compo said:

Never miss an opportunity - I'm sure it would be a great holiday.

Think you maybe right compo.........and also note what Phil says.........i will see how things develop......would love to go...........

Accept the offer Ben. It'll be a good experience and it's only Libya, not Siberia ! At the moment !

• Like 2

Nice hour in Bulwell this morning,,,sun shining,, man playing Piano thing,,,walk down the Bogs,,,fed the Ducks and Pigeons,,,dozens of em........chat with an old friend,,,feeling really good,,,

• Like 1
2 hours ago, benjamin1945 said:

Think you maybe right compo.........and also note what Phil says.........i will see how things develop......would love to go...........

Your friend would avoid any potential trouble spots and keep you safe, Ben.  During my stay in Ethiopia the country was at war with itself.  It was an almighty mess but I never once came close to being killed, kidnapped or otherwise damaged; although I did hear the gunfire and see vehicles driving around full of bullet holes :)  There was the great famine too but I am still around to talk about it.  The trick is to be careful and avoid potential clashes with those who might wish you harm....not always easy but with a guide you would be ok.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Sounds like an away trip to Millwall !

• Like 4

I think there were more "Whiteys" in Addis Ababa than there are in Millwall, Fly!

1 hour ago, FLY2 said:

Sounds like an away trip to Millwall !

Del-boy country Fly.............i'll be ok then just take the 'Driscoll' brothers with me.................

• Upvote 1

My new Security Licence Badge came in the post this morning........expires 2021......hope i don't expire first......;)

By heck Ben, you'll see that out ! Healthy living no doubt !

• Like 1

Spot on Trogg..........just beat me to it,,,i was going to say exactly that.........lol.