• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

Things I have learned today:

1. Jet washing the drive and patio is mind-numbingly boring

2. The spot inspector will immediately see the one bit of moss I missed

3. Moss, when hit with a 100psi water jet, travels a surprising distance

4. The spot inspector whilst primping her new 'hair do' is very good at stopping said moss with her forehead (right between the eyes)

5. Yours truly at nearly 73 years of age can go from 'oh sh*t' to flat out down the road in less than 0.001 of a second

I may be gone for awhile...

• Like 3

No!  A pressure washer is much more fun Mick.  ;). As Brew said it is surprising the things one can do with one.  Takes you back to being a kid again.  Had mine out to wash the moss of the North facing side of the house this week.  Nowt like tottering around with a ladder to get the gable end while trying to dodge the spray that blows back.

On 20/04/2018 at 2:48 PM, philmayfield said:

Just one point about SUV’s. They are somewhat higher off the ground than conventional cars - you must appreciate that because you’ve had a Disco. Are Mum and Auntie nimble enough to get it in? You can always have sidesteps fitted of course.

Test drive in Volvo was  a good one may go for it, the main point i wanted to say was i mentiond sidesteps and said i didn't know anything about them. He looked at me then my car and said they are fitted on the Discovery no wonder they are nimble, in my defense i used to drive a mini.

• Like 1

You all beat me to it with talk of pressure washers.  Frankly, I see them as more of a winter thing.  I usually give the drive and side path a blast in Autumn because that's when they get slippery and a bit dangerous as they get little Sun.

But over the last three days or so there's been an outbreak of Jetwash Mania round here.  The noisy b*****s at the back have spent a couple of days at it, then the bloke next to them.. possibly a revenge attack, then seemingly everybody was at it. It's like a herd instinct.. one does it then they all go mad.  Of course one good thing is that it drowns out a lot of the music blaring from the patio doors of the usual idiots.

Wind chimes....  grrrr.  Endless totally unmusical clanging and about as relaxing as tinnitus.

Grumpy?  Moi?

• Like 1

Watched the News yesterday (first time in ages) Main world News quote football manager to leave after 10 years, 

IS IT ME!

Are  people not fighting and killing innocent children, some people are starving, NHS is short of bed's, doctor's Nurse's ect. OH!!  Lets not forget the English weather. 

Will not watch News again for a long time it is so depressing when head lines are about FOOTBALL MANAGER'S.

• Like 2

Don't the birds always sound so happy. I was woken at 4.15am to the sound of a multitude of birds singing. I personally haven't felt like singing at that time of the morning for years. I must say they sound as if they haven't got a care in the world. Are they just singing or nattering to each other, probably deciding what they are going to fill their day with, trying to survive must be priority I think.

Ah well, just finished my Ovaltine, the birds are still going for it, I'm wide awake now so no point in trying to nod of again. I'll just wait for daybreak and check the Nottm Falcons, see if I can get a decent picture. Yaaaaawn,  they are still singing, but a bit quieter now, perhaps they are all going to have an early morning nod zzzz .  Ayup.....sudden silence. mmm. Well perhaps I will shut my sleepy eyes and try again. Here goes. Can't say 'night night' 'cos its not any more. :sleeping:lol.

• Like 3

In Hucknall parish church is the grave of Ben Caunt  English champion bare knuckle fighter. Greater Nottingham has a great history of people able to use their fists , it still continues to present times as a recent topic covers this,

Carni...  Re. Birds.  Maybe they shurrup because they saw a moggy lurking around.  ;)

We've got a pesky Woodpecker out back.  He goes at it twenty to the dozen most mornings.  Bailey just stands and listens instead of getting on with his business.  Not sure what the blighter's pecking, thankfully it's not on the house.  Sometimes at this time of the year you hear the Whipoorwills out in the woods along with the Mocking birds.  They go through a whole list of sounds that sound like all the other birds, thus the name.

Enjoyed my work today.........often mention i need an ''edge to it''.........well for the first 8 hrs everything normal and a bit boring to be honest,, then it kicked in,, surrounded by 5 cretins threatening to punch my lights out,,..........they took swings at me and missed........all ended well for me,,got them off the site,,with no injury,, felt good after........that'll teach 12 year olds not to mess with 'oldies''...............LOL

• Like 3

When Whipoorwills call.

And evening is nigh,

I'm happy in my

Blue Heaven. Sorry LL, I couldn't resist it. Another one mi mam used to sing to us.

I bet it sounds like the deepest jungle round your way, when that lot start singing LL. I have only heard a Woodpecker a few times and one of those was on a tree in our back garden. I don't know how ever they don't injure themselves pecking at that speed, they must have very hard beaks.

• Like 1